Scammers Being Called Out on L.A.Sportsman

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Last edited:

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    The username on one of those posts seems familar like I have seen him on BS.........

Also seems like one of the posts is the same guy ratting himself out unless someone created a similar username to rat the orginal guy out.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Outing them is a good thing.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The username on one of those posts seems familar like I have seen him on BS.........

Also seems like one of the posts is the same guy ratting himself out unless someone created a similar username to rat the orginal guy out.

That guy has been a member since 20 hours ago. I'll bet it was the "created a similar username" option.

mbk3ubtnlizfjyb3b377.png

hkump

Rating - 100%
    314   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Covington, LA
    Another reason why I tell everyone to join bayoushooter.com, the premiere LA gun site. No need to go anywhere else locally. Some of the best people I know are on here. From SWAT guys to the neighbor down the road.

lesgeaux

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Marrero, LA
    There is bad apples on most all sites. Two members here I will not deal with for similar reasons. BUT, I have had mostly Great interactions with members of Bayoushooters.

Strick8

Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Jan 16, 2018
    Hammond, LA
    That guy has been a member since 20 hours ago. I'll bet it was the "created a similar username" option.

mbk3ubtnlizfjyb3b377.png

Username is a combo of the names he’s used to hide himself, done to mock him I’d guess, let him know he’s been busted.

CBenoit74
    Ridge Stalker
    CBSportsman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    Thanks for the heads up ... seems like pre-payment with a cash app or with bitcoin are words to watch out for .
    Old guy who is learning the ways of the computer , I appreciate seeing and reading the scams ... learning the easy way beats learning the hard way seven ways to Sunday !
    Gary

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I remember the 2000.00 John Deere tractor that was always on there some people are just dirtbags! It was like two years old lol mine is 20 years old and is worth 10000.00

Thanks for the heads up ... seems like pre-payment with a cash app or with bitcoin are words to watch out for .
    Old guy who is learning the ways of the computer , I appreciate seeing and reading the scams ... learning the easy way beats learning the hard way seven ways to Sunday !
    Gary

Several years ago when I was offshore one guy from Turkey creek was telling a story about how his old neighbor sent 3K money order for a pretty nice tractor...

To be delivered with attachments to Turkey Creek....Old boy is probably dead by now waiting on the tractor.....

Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Gary

Some scammers are even asking for payment via gift cards, Western Union, and pre-paid cards like Green Dot. I have been playing games with these creeps since 2011 with a couple of fake email accounts. They will pretend to be dealers or private sellers who can ship to your favorite shop after you pay. A host of excuses are made for why they can’t meet you in person.
    Some of them are so desperate that they will tolerate insults in an effort to get your money. They also don’t pay any attention to the name of the firearm. For example, on ARMSLIST, I have often stated off with: *Piece of $hit, I want to buy your Colt SnakeCock revolting pistol.* Many of them are foreigners who speak English as a 2nd language, so that makes it a lot more fun!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom