Scammers Being Called Out on L.A.Sportsman

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Some scammers are even asking for payment via gift cards, Western Union, and pre-paid cards like Green Dot. They also don’t pay any attention to the name of the firearm. For example, on ARMSLIST, I have often stated off with: *Piece of $hit, I want to buy your Colt SnakeCock revolting pistol.* Many of them are foreigners who speak English as a 2nd language, so that makes it a lot more fun!

Hahaha! That’s good stuff!

The guy I called out on Sportsman is a real, local (Houma) dude. I’ve actually met him. Which makes his silly antics and disrespectful actions even more frustrating. I hope the machine is broken next time he orders a shake at a fast food drive-thru!

Also, just gave my post about him a weekend bump for good measure.

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Hahaha! That’s good stuff!

The guy I called out on Sportsman is a real, local (Houma) dude. I’ve actually met him. Which makes his silly antics and disrespectful actions even more frustrating. I hope the machine is broken next time he orders a shake at a fast food drive-thru!

Also, just gave my post about him a weekend bump for good measure.

Hell yeah, I love hearing those story's, Yall post em up !!!

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA

Gravelface

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    I-55@I-12
    I always enjoyed *send me your best price* ads Then get pissy when I offer pennies on the dollar, Just put a price, if I like it, I’ll pay it or offer something realistic based off your assessment of value.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I always enjoyed *send me your best price* ads Then get pissy when I offer pennies on the dollar, Just put a price, if I like it, I’ll pay it or offer something realistic based off your assessment of value.

Some of em' have pretty stiff prices....Kinda reminds me of another forum???

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    LA Sportsman deleted my post calling out Chris Beniot... That's such bull! They won't do anything about scammers, people posting the same thing 20 times in a row, or people who schedule meets and never show up, but they delete my truth bomb. Unreal. Yet another reason Bayou Shooter reigns supreme in Louisiana. Thanks to all the Bayou Shooter administrators who keep this forum awesome.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    It’s more likely that a couple of members who sympathize with the local scammer flagged your ad as a scam. You can post it again if you want.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    It’s more likely that a couple of members who sympathize with the local scammer flagged your ad as a scam. You can post it again if you want.

I doubt that. I flag actual scam ads all the time, as do friends of mine, and they are never removed. Oh well, I'm over it. Just lookout for a clown named Chris Beniot.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    LA Sportsman deleted my post calling out Chris Beniot... That's such bull! They won't do anything about scammers, people posting the same thing 20 times in a row, or people who schedule meets and never show up, but they delete my truth bomb. Unreal. Yet another reason Bayou Shooter reigns supreme in Louisiana. Thanks to all the Bayou Shooter administrators who keep this forum awesome.

At least some people appreciate the work that we put in..for free... for "fun."

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    301 area code?

These kinds of scams do not use local area codes. The number will only accept texts. No one will answer the phone. It’s a foreigner who is going to ask for funds to be sent via a money card(Green Dot etc), gift card(iTunes etc), Western Union, or even PayPal(they will not refund you since it is a firearm scam)
    After you send the funds, you do not hear from them or receive any firearm.

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    These kinds of scams do not use local area codes. The number will only accept texts. No one will answer the phone. It’s a foreigner who is going to ask for funds to be sent via a money card(Green Dot etc), gift card(iTunes etc), Western Union, or even PayPal(they will not refund you since it is a firearm scam)
    After you send the funds, you do hear from them or receive any firearm.

So if we just say we sent the funds and awaiting the goods will they replay?

Top Bottom