Remote Notary.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Diegotronn

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Does anyone know if Louisiana is allowing remote notarization right now? A Google search isn't much help. If so, does anyone know of a place or person doing remote notarization? I'm trying to get my stuff together to order something from CMP.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Remote notary? As in over the phone or email? Not gonna happen.

Part of being notarized is a physical seal that embosses the paper.

Diegotronn

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Towboat work. We only dock in St Louis or for repairs. Even then we're not really allowed to leave the vessel. Oh well, I'll just have to wait a few more weeks. I was just hoping to come home to my order. Thanks again though.

SouthernUnderGod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    A notary is required to actually witness signatures. I’ve seen situations where someone shows up with a document signed by one or both parties and the notary refused the document.

In Louisiana, licensed attorneys can become a notary without taking a test or posting a bond. For the most part all they need to do is fill out a form and sign their notarial commission. Consequently many attorneys are notaries.

Louisiana:
    - A notarized document DOES NOT HAVE TO BE STAMPED (with a notarial seal) if it is not going out of state.
    - Electronic notarization. Louisiana has adopted the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act, which authorizes Louisiana notaries to obtain an electronic signature and electronic seal to notarize ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTS in the PHYSICAL PRESENCE of the individual seeking the notarization.
    - Louisiana has not adopted electronic notarization and/or remote online notarizations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hardtack

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 1, 2020
    New Orleans
    There was an order put in effect for remote notarizations due to COVID, not sure if it’s still in effect. Basically the notary would zoom or otherwise videoconference and watch you sign, would record it per the order, and then do their part.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Top Bottom