New York attorney general sues to dissolve the NRA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    I'll keep my membership until something viable comes along to fill the gap. If nothing else, to be a thorn in the side of the demonrats.
    Is there another organization that fills the gap, yet? Where are you guys donating to support 2A after quitting the NRA?

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    If you’re interested this is a read of things all put in one spot detailing the sins committed by Lapierre. It’s quite lengthy.

https://thread.keyzbot.com/t/1291537690635239425

Wow - quite a read, indeed! I obviously don't trust the source or her timing BUT if anywhere near true, we need a in depth audit, at least. Hopefully we can clean this up and get back to basics - just like we need to do in congress and the "justice" system.
    Thanks for sharing this info, Tboy.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I'll keep my membership until something viable comes along to fill the gap. If nothing else, to be a thorn in the side of the demonrats.
    Is there another organization that fills the gap, yet? Where are you guys donating to support 2A after quitting the NRA?

I still have my membership, but have not donated to the NRA Institute For Legislative Action in years. I prefer to donate to the Second Amendment Foundation and Gun Owners of America.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I hear a lot of negative about the NRA. I know they are big and soak up a lot of money just existing, but I’m thinking they must be doing something right if the left still wants them gone...

WOLFIE

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Bossier City
    I still have my membership, but have not donated to the NRA Institute For Legislative Action in years. I prefer to donate to the Second Amendment Foundation and Gun Owners of America.

The second amendment foundation is worthwhile. They fight in court. I am not familiar with gun owners of America

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The NRA has two choices: it can either transform itself in a pretty fundamental way, or it can wither and die on the vine.

I don't think the NY attorney general is going to be successful, but she also wouldn't take a shot at the NRA if she didn't think that there was a chance of doing real damage. And in a sense, she's winning—because people are turning their backs on the NRA in droves. Democrats are smart to divide and conquer the right on this ... they know that if they can drive a wedge between the NRA and mainstream conservatives, then they're halfway to quelling the 2nd amendment.

And I say this as an NRA lifetime benefactor member. The NRA has received more of my money than they should have. That said, I don't even open their mailings now, and I for damn sure haven't sent them any money in at least 4 years now.

I think there's one part of this strategy that the Dems haven't considered, though: that as the NRA wanes, a plethora of state level organizations will eagerly rise to take the NRA's place. Look at how the Virginia Citizens Defense League has grown since the Democratic takeover of Virginia last year ... that election will have consequences in that state, and a decentralized battle with 50+ state level organizations is going to be tougher to fight.

We need a strong NRA, and we need for it to be absolutely morally unimpeachable. We need people in charge that will follow the law to the letter and set the bar for transparency. And for heaven's sake, we need for the NRA to reclaim its position as the leader in gun safety. I'm tired of Bloomberg and his paid stooges (most of whom wouldn't know a hammer from a muzzle) talking about "gun safety." As if any of them could even begin to recite the 4 basic rules of gun safety.

Mike

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA

THIS. The NRA supports friggin' Red Flag laws! Support GOA or SAF as 323MAR has suggested.

Does LA have a local gun rights organization? Sorry for the newb question, but new to LA. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom