Trijicon suing Holosun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I think Trijicon is stretching it a little far if I’m reading it right. The holosun definitely does not appear to be a knock off of the Trijicon. As far as patent yada yada optical sight, unless there’s some technology that holosun out and out copied, good luck Trijicon. I think that unless they can show that holosun did indeed reverse engineer their optic they have a weak case. Even in terms of controls, there are similarities between many of the scads of holographic sights on the market, and all those are knock offs of the original holographic sight (C-more?). As far as location of the controls, there’s not a lot of options there. That’s pretty weak as well. If they can prove that Holosun has duplicated their product and is able to sell it for less than half the price, what does that say about Trijicon?
    If I remember correctly, Trijicon was the first company to produce commercial tritium night sights. Meprolight exactly copied the technology, glass vials filled with radioactive glow pressed into the face of a steel sight. Did they do so before or after the patent ran out?
    I don’t see enough of a smoking gun from the info in the article. Maybe we will learn more as this thing progresses. But unless it’s as it and dried as the sigma/glock trigger, I don’t think Holosun will lose. It will cost them a bunch of money regardless.

Last edited:

hkump

Rating - 100%
    314   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Covington, LA
    I think Trijicon is stretching it a little far if I’m reading it right. The holosun definitely does not appear to be a knock off of the Trijicon. As far as patent yada yada optical sight, unless there’s some technology that holosun out and out copied, good luck Trijicon. I think that unless they can show that holosun did indeed reverse engineer their optic they have a weak case. Even in terms of controls, there are similarities between many of the scads of holographic sights on the market, and all those are knock offs of the original holographic sight (C-more?). As far as location of the controls, there’s not a lot of options there. That’s pretty weak as well. If they can prove that Holosun has duplicated their product and is able to sell it for less than half the price, what does that say about Trijicon?
    If I remember correctly, Trijicon was the first company to produce commercial tritium night sights. Meprolight exactly copied the technology, glass vials filled with radioactive glow pressed into the face of a steel sight. Did they do so before or after the patent ran out?
    I don’t see enough of a smoking gun from the info in the article. Maybe we will learn more as this thing progresses. But unless it’s as it and dried as the sigma/glock trigger, I don’t think Holosun will lose. It will cost them a bunch of money regardless.

I agree. I own both and they're nothing alike. They're both great products. I feel that maybe Trijicon knows that Holosun has a quality product for less price and is marching towards their market share, so they've got to do what they have to do to get their market share back. Unless Holosun reverse engineered the electronics, I don't think they have a case.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom