Must have Louisiana drivers license?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    Only after he’s had a beer on private property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Almost got caught up in a scheme by a nephew...Who lives in La.
    Wanted me to cobble together an AR for his dad ...Whose a felon...Lives in Stickville Tx.
    I'm no but hell no bubba,I don't want to have any part of this business....
    Informed him to tell his dad to go and buy an AR in Texas,I won't and will not build Jack-Diddly sheets for him or dear old dad ...
    Now I'm the A-hole...lol
    Like I care !

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Almost got caught up in a scheme by a nephew...Who lives in La.
    Wanted me to cobble together an AR for his dad ...Whose a felon...Lives in Stickville Tx.
    I'm no but hell no bubba,I don't want to have any part of this business....
    Informed him to tell his dad to go and buy an AR in Texas,I won't and will not build Jack-Diddly sheets for him or dear old dad ...
    Now I'm the A-hole...lol
    Like I care !

Was he looking to use it to go rabbit hunting? It appears there's an exception to the federal law for hunting rabbits.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Was he looking to use it to go rabbit hunting? It appears there's an exception to the federal law for hunting rabbits.

Hunting wabbits .

Speaking of wabbits, I wonder what ever happened to that madwabbit guy. He was funny.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I am an attorney. I know a good bit about the law, but more importantly, I know how to read laws. This is not a "gray area" of the law. It is very clear, and well settled. For an individual to legally transfer a firearm to another individual, they must both be residents of the same state.

The exception is inheritance. That means someone dies. That does not mean any transfer or gift between family members. Guns left to someone through a will, or through intestate succession (without a will), may be transferred to out of state persons to carry out the succession. That means someone leaves a gun to you in a will, or if a relative dies and you inherit his guns without a will due to the laws of succession, ie. your unmarried father dies without a will you and any siblings inherit his property.

As for FFLs knowing the law, there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO EXPECT AN FFL TO KNOW THE LAW! FFLs should know the rules that they have to follow regarding transfers, background checks, record keeping, etc. What the BATF tells them they must do. There is no reason they should know any other laws.

I appreciate you chiming in. You have helped others in the past on similar topics. For that, I am thankful!

I do find it funny that the OP has seemed to disappear once he was proven incorrect.

CAJUNLAWYER

crusty old bastard
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Iberia Parish
    Query........would it make any difference if the individual and his buddy were hunting ducks instead of wabbits........(nodding sagely, stroking my beard while wearing my college professor corduroy blazer with elbow patches)

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Query........would it make any difference if the individual and his buddy were hunting ducks instead of wabbits........(nodding sagely, stroking my beard while wearing my college professor corduroy blazer with elbow patches)

That's a good question. I'd bet the ATF would say that's a no-go. But we'd better check with the experts at magdump's FFL to be sure. I wonder if his offer from post 21 to provide the phone numbers for a few of his ffl holders is still valid.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    That's a good question. I'd bet the ATF would say that's a no-go. But we'd better check with the experts at magdump's FFL to be sure. I wonder if his offer from post 21 to provide the phone numbers for a few of his ffl holders is still valid.

I’m sure that post will get redacted at a some point. Wouldn’t want to have his FFL’s blaming him for some internet *trolls* providing the actual law.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I’m sure that post will get redacted at a some point. Wouldn’t want to have his FFL’s blaming him for some internet *trolls* providing the actual law.

Interestingly, his last post was in this thread on Sunday night close to midnight. He was online as late as yesterday at 9:00 pm. But he didn't address his claim. Maybe he just forgot about this thread. I'm curious to hear his response, especially on the issue of if hunting ducks instead of rabbits changes the legality of the transaction.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Interestingly, his last post was in this thread on Sunday night close to midnight. He was online as late as yesterday at 9:00 pm. But he didn't address his claim. Maybe he just forgot about this thread. I'm curious to hear his response, especially on the issue of if hunting ducks instead of rabbits changes the legality of the transaction.

Maybe PM him and see if he forgot about us? I'd still like to take up his offer on reaching out to his FFLs.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Maybe PM him and see if he forgot about us? I'd still like to take up his offer on reaching out to his FFLs.

He just posted an ad so he should be along here any minute to address everyone's concerns. Surely he can't possibly think ignoring this thread will make it go away.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    He just posted an ad so he should be along here any minute to address everyone's concerns. Surely he can't possibly think ignoring this thread will make it go away.

He will label you as a troll. That is surely the way to fix this.

Top Bottom