Must have Louisiana drivers license?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    He just posted an ad so he should be along here any minute to address everyone's concerns. Surely he can't possibly think ignoring this thread will make it go away.
    Perez,
    Please accept my humble and sincere apology for saying you were wrong when it was I who was wrong. I spoke with my FFL for the third time today and presented what I was shown here and, as clearly as I did the first two times, asked again about private parties from different states and he admitted he may be mistaken. Yes, he is a FFL of several years and has done countless transfers for me. He admitted that he was not 100% certain about it because he’s never been in the position that I mentioned. That was enough for me to concede.
    Imagine someone who is supposed to be an authority on a subject insisting that it’s this and someone else telling you it’s that. One need only visit 2 doctors for the same ailment to experience that.
    Anyhow, no excuses, just apologies. I admit I was wrong.

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    ...he admitted he may be mistaken. Yes, he is a FFL of several years and has done countless transfers for me. Imagine someone who is supposed to be an authority on a subject insisting that it’s this and someone else telling you it’s that...

As I stated in an earlier post, this was the origin of your problem. An FFL is NOT supposed to be an authority on the subject of gun laws. He learns what he needs to learn, to do what he is supposed to do. How to fill out the 4473, how to keep his records, etc. He doesn't have to study and pass some kind of test on gun laws. And transfers between individuals by their very nature are not something that an FFL deals with. He MAY know what he's talking about in that regard, but is no more or less likely to be knowledgeable about that than anyone else.

Along the same lines, countless times I've heard people say that a cop told them this or that. Again, cops SHOULD learn what they need to know to do their jobs. They ARE NOT experts on criminal law, and generally are no more or less likely to know about the law than anyone else, unless it pertains to specific actions that they have been trained on. And even there, they may know what they can and can't do, but I doubt seriously that they understand the law and jurisprudence behind it.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Perez,
    Please accept my humble and sincere apology for saying you were wrong when it was I who was wrong. I spoke with my FFL for the third time today and presented what I was shown here and, as clearly as I did the first two times, asked again about private parties from different states and he admitted he may be mistaken. Yes, he is a FFL of several years and has done countless transfers for me. He admitted that he was not 100% certain about it because he’s never been in the position that I mentioned. That was enough for me to concede.
    Imagine someone who is supposed to be an authority on a subject insisting that it’s this and someone else telling you it’s that. One need only visit 2 doctors for the same ailment to experience that.
    Anyhow, no excuses, just apologies. I admit I was wrong.

I appreciate the fact you followed up on it. As honestlou (which is an ironic screen name since he's an attorney) said, not all experts are experts.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Lots of good info here. I just read the last 7 pages.

Thanks to magdump for posing the questions, and thanks to all that replied, especially with the various attachments.

I was aware about the state to state issues for selling, but had no idea about the succession info. That may apply to me at some point in the future, so good to know.

I have not been rabbit hunting yet, but I will bring my own gun, and try my best not to let the rabbit cross the state line after I shoot it. Don't want to get caught trafficking ammunition components. I heard from a guy at a gun counter that trafficking components is basically treason. And it is also punishable by deportation. Hate to get ICE involved, as I am pretty sure that I cannot speak their language.

WOLFIE

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Bossier City
    Elmer Fudd no longer has to worry about firearm transfers when he wants to hunt rabbits.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom