An observation on ammunition purchases.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thorswhisper

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2009
    Covington, La.
    Sportsmans Warehouse in Slidell has reloading components in the back. Dont know why they dont put it on the shelves, but if you go in and ask them, sometimes they will get it for you.
    In speaking to them they indicated a majority of the pistol purchases are first time gun owners.

MikeSlater

Sportsman 'N' Paradise
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Walker, LA
    I think the problem we are coming up against is the campers that sit at stores, Academy for one, waiting for them to open on truck days and then making multiple trips in the store wiping out the inventory. Even though the popular calibers are limit three, that doesnt seen to help. On top of that wiping out the reloading supplies, I saw one guy with every last can of CFE223 in his buggy, 9 cans! Then reselling it all on louisiana sportsman and here for astronomical prices. I wish people would just buy what the needed and stop feeding these sharks. Makes me sick.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sportsmans Warehouse in Slidell has reloading components in the back. Dont know why they dont put it on the shelves, but if you go in and ask them, sometimes they will get it for you.
    In speaking to them they indicated a majority of the pistol purchases are first time gun owners.

I pretty sure I have a case of small pistol primers in the ol closet,Thinking about trading them off for small rifle CCI,Bunch of 243 stuff I may put out there?

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    As long as I had a comfortable sized cache of defensive ammo to my name I wouldn’t buy any ammo unless I happened upon a decent price. I know that when the prices and availability do return to what I feel is normal, I would have regrets and less money in my pocket. Best plan is the one I’ve followed a couple times before: save my money now and take advantage of the times when things are cheap and plentiful. Unless anyone has some inside info proving Armageddon starts tomorrow and ammo will never be available after next week, I’m just pacing myself. Things will begin to right themselves in just a few short months. Likely by this time next year people will be ignoring you when you’re trying to convince them to take advantage of all the ammo deals you’ve found.

Hardtack

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 1, 2020
    New Orleans
    I had to order ammo online, no one has 9 mm locally in the New Orleans area. Best deal I can find is direct from Federal, probably pretty high compared to what you guys usually pay. I picked up Speer hollow points from Target Sports, not too bad. I’m now loaded and have some extra to get out to the range to practice. Probably a couple million folks like me getting a gun with all this chaos and causing a temporary distortion in supply/demand.

Top Bottom