Best photo hosting site for forums

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Hello all!!!

I have had it up to here (smacking chin with back of my hand) with photobucket, they just made me sign in 30 times to get to my library, and I pay for the privilege of using their crap service.

So I am looking to change over to something better.

Looking for 2 things, easy to access desktop site, and an app that allows me to upload directly from my cell phone.

That is all of the functionality I am looking for. I post on quite a few forums, so being able to link images is handy/necessary.

I do not mind paying for this, as I am currently spening a 2-3 bucks a month of photobucket.

Need to pull all of the pics off them and give them the old finger.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    How many images are you uploading per week?

How long do you need images to be available for once uploaded?

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    How many images are you uploading per week?

How long do you need images to be available for once uploaded?

Maybe 20, but I do need to sell a bunch of old RC stuff so at some point I will be uploading a bunch at once.

As I sell I just delete those pics, but the various build pics, etc I would like them to be hosted forever...

Maybe I can pay the NSA to host? They already have the info....

HAHAHAHA

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I've used imgur before and was please with what it offered. It had a web interface and an app for phones. You could get the direct links to the images which made it easier in forums. There was no charge to sign up and use although I believe they offered paid subscriptions with more options. I haven't used it in a while so I can't say if everything is the same as before. I don't often share collections of photos. When I want to use a photo on this site, I will usually use the image hosting link at the top of the page.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    https://www.flickr.com/

You can set all of your photos and account to private. Once upon a time, you were limited to 1 GB, then they gave everyone 1 TB, then when it was sold to another company they throttled everyone down to "1,000 photos." You can pay for a Pro account, which I had at one time, but that was before they sold to the current company.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Good info guys,

As far as the Bayoushooter up loader goes, I would prefer to have some of the gun related stuff accessible to multiple forums, etc. I sell non fll parts on ak files, calguns, etc.

I will look into imgr and flickr

They seem to be the big ones, just wanted some feedback before I gave them a try.

I will also try https://imgbb.com/

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It looks like you can create an account on the bayoushooter uploader. It doesn't seem to be the same as your bayoushooter account. I was able to upload a photo on my phone through the webpage and pull that photo up on my laptop. I can create albums and each picture gives me a choice of links like direct link or link for forum. I've never looked much into it, I've uploaded but hadn't yet created an account, but it seems like it would be a viable option to consider.

Below are the forum link followed by the direct link surrounded by the img tag.

ilk8qfeqzh2kit3z46t.jpeg

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    It looks like you can create an account on the bayoushooter uploader. It doesn't seem to be the same as your bayoushooter account. I was able to upload a photo on my phone through the webpage and pull that photo up on my laptop. I can create albums and each picture gives me a choice of links like direct link or link for forum. I've never looked much into it, I've uploaded but hadn't yet created an account, but it seems like it would be a viable option to consider.

Below are the forum link followed by the direct link surrounded by the img tag.

ilk8qfeqzh2kit3z46t.jpeg

This is correct.

I think everyone has a limit on there for how much space they can upload. If you get near it, let me know and I can delete some old stuff.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom