Trans-Pan

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Mid-July was hot! In the midday, it seemed like the fan was blowing hot air like a heater instead of cooling me and keeping the air around me cleaner.
    I think I have cleaned every gun I own and completed all my inside work so.

As of late as I have been going thru the piles of things I own and getting rid of some I will never use. As well as restoring and cleaning some and parts I have for a long term restoration project I may never finish. But someone else will get a lot of stuff when I give up :rofl:
    I found the B&M pan I won in a charity auction donated by Cope Racing Transmissions {John is a great guy} I had it forever and forgot I had it but found it.
    It not only adds more fluid but also cools the fluid some but they state it does add some structure to the case. Comes with a nice Billet Pick-Up as well.
    So ground down the B&M since it is the only B&M thing I have for the car and I did not like it.
    Then sanded and polished it to match the other things I have. Ground the marking off some stainless bolts to finish it up.
    When I change the motor for a stroker that is milder out I am putting in a transmission in with forward shift pattern.

Attachments

• B&M.jpg
      B&M.jpg
      240.5 KB · Views: 63
    • B&M-1.jpg
      B&M-1.jpg
      212 KB · Views: 56
    • B&M-2.jpg
      B&M-2.jpg
      241.4 KB · Views: 78
    • B&M-3.jpg
      B&M-3.jpg
      229.5 KB · Views: 57
    • B&M-4.jpg
      B&M-4.jpg
      194.2 KB · Views: 74
    Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Wow, that turned out very nice. You do this type work for a living?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    No, as a hobby for about 25 years or so but stopped. Had a few pieces I still needed to do. In a past life Pre-Katrina, I restored miles of SS Auto-Trim, Windshield Side moldings, etc.
    I also polished an intake as I sat for a long time. I polished it after the pan but it was way more work. I had done about half the intake and tossed it in the corner where it has been haunting me since.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    No, as a hobby for about 25 years or so but stopped. Had a few pieces I still needed to do. In a past life Pre-Katrina, I restored miles of SS Auto-Trim, Windshield Side moldings, etc.
    I also polished an intake as I sat for a long time. I polished it after the pan but it was way more work. I had done about half the intake and tossed it in the corner where it has been haunting me since.

Lol. I’ve watched my uncle restore cars as a hobby for as long as I can remember.

Last edited by a moderator:

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Not really a Restoration more of a custom. I have always been short on cash so stretch my dollars by rebuilding or having the parts redone. Anyone can order up a whole slew of new stuff and bolt it on. I am now reaching the bottom of the pile.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Not really a Restoration more of a custom. I have always been short on cash so stretch my dollars by rebuilding or having the parts redone. Anyone can order up a whole slew of new stuff and bolt it on. I am now reaching the bottom of the pile.

Lol. He has a whole car lift like a mechanics shop in his garage. He takes them all the way down to the frame and starts from there. Way more work than I’m willing to do. Then to top it off, he drives them for 6 months then sells them for another old junk pile and starts all over.

Creoleman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Metairie,La.

Yes, but it takes SOME ability to bolt said parts on correctly! Ability that I must lack.:( Seriously though, that is one good-looking pan!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom