Heads Up

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Hey Y'all:

I'm not sorry I kinda orphaned this thread. I think it grew up better without me around. :)

The back story on this thread.

I work part time at a local shop. They put up with me.

I got a couple of traces that made me look at some past purchase histories.

I was venting here.

prove me wrong.Call yr local FFl....I cant rem if its 2 a month or 2 at a time a month.
    It is something to that effect.I know,because my friend purchased many manyyyy
    lowers to just share with friends more less.He went to the same FFL 2 months ago
    and he told him,I don't think so,can only purchase 2 period.So 6-8 FFLs are wrong
    or you just havent found the exact statute on it.

If Im wrong,ill admit it,until that time comes,carry on soldier lol

In my safe, I should have a receipt for the ten Poverty Pony lowers I bought. They were on sale for $39/ea, and most of them were consecutive serial numbers.
    I've given about half away as gifts to nieces and nephews. I'm the cool uncle who gives AR lowers as birthday gifts. :rofl:
    Of course they are all of age, and none are prohibited persons to my knowledge.
    I've got two built ARs, and three lowers still in my safe.

True that! I recently renewed my 03 C&R ffl license because so called ffls would not accept shipment from an unlicensed individual of C&R qualified firearms.

It is the discretion of the FFL to receive firearms from individuals. If you don't agree with the policy of an FFL, do business with another one. We don't have a problem with it at our shop, so long as all the rules are followed.

TrapperT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2020
    Sulphur,La.
    That's not how it works. You made the claim. You should back it up. But I'll play along. I'll quote any law I can find that lists any restriction.

So I have now proved you wrong. If you find any errors with my proof, please provide any laws to show my proof is wrong.

Don't see any laws,statute,anything,just talk.

I'm guessing you called your ffl since 3 months ago.I'm sure you know all the laws,
    yr atf? NRA..FFL?
    Or just an officer with a whole lotta time on yo hands:(

But I will give ya this,your alone in a large group.Ive never seen any LEO look up
    the laws that you do on this board. I may seem hard,but I do appreciate that more
    than you know.And no I don't live near westlake or sulphur,my lungs are clean of
    plasticides.I did have cancer twice if that's any conciliation lol

Last edited:

TrapperT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2020
    Sulphur,La.
    I do agree,my wording could have been better.I am just going by my
    local FFLs in my area. I probably should have said ," You buy more
    than 2,you have to fill out another form stating, multiple gun sales.
    And that you will be reported.Heres sum interesting facts on it..just
    a start to da real juices

Laws limiting the number of guns someone can buy within a certain span of time help reduce gun trafficking. Interstate trafficking of firearms flourishes, in part, because states regulate sales differently, and there is no federal limit on the number of guns an individual may purchase at any one time.[SUP]1[/SUP] States with weak gun laws attract traffickers who make multiple purchases and then resell those firearms in states with stronger gun laws.[SUP]2[/SUP]
    Federal law defines a *multiple sale* as the sale of two or more guns to the same purchaser within five business days.[SUP]3[/SUP] Multiple sales are a significant indicator of firearms trafficking, and firearms sold in such sales are frequently recovered at crime scenes.

• Data indicates that approximately 20–25% of all handguns recovered at crime scenes were originally purchased as part of a multiple sale.[SUP]4[/SUP]
    • Handguns sold in multiple sales were up to 64% more likely to be used in crime than handguns sold individually.[SUP]5[/SUP]
    • A study of crime gun recoveries in Baltimore found that guns purchased in multiple sales were significantly more likely than guns purchased in single sales to be recovered from a possessor who was not the original buyer.[SUP]6[/SUP]
    Laws limiting multiple sales can help to reduce gun trafficking. After Virginia introduced its one-gun-a-month law, there was a significant reduction in the number of crime guns recovered outside the state and traced back to Virginia dealers.[SUP]7[/SUP]
    Americans support laws limiting the number of guns a person may purchase in a given time frame. A February 2018 poll found that 65% of respondents support limiting the number of guns that can be purchased to one per month.[SUP]8[/SUP]
    [h=1]Summary of Federal Law[/h] Federal law does not limit the number of guns a person may buy in any given time period. However, federal law does require federal firearm licensees (*FFLs*) to report multiple sales of handguns to ATF and other specified law enforcement agencies.[SUP]9[/SUP] This reporting requirement was created to enable law enforcement to *monitor and deter illegal interstate commerce in pistols and revolvers by unlicensed persons,*[SUP]10[/SUP] though there is no federal requirement that law enforcement actually investigate illegal trafficking.
    In addition, because long guns have become Mexican cartels’ *weapons of choice,*[SUP]11[/SUP] in 2011 ATF began requiring FFLs in four states along the Mexican border (Arizona, California, New Mexico, and Texas) to report multiple sales of certain semiautomatic rifles.[SUP]12[/SUP] More specifically, the reporting requirement applies to semiautomatic rifles with a caliber greater than .22 and the ability to accept a detachable magazine.[SUP]13[/SUP] FFLs who are dealers or pawnbrokers must report to ATF whenever they sell or transfer two or more such weapons to the same person at one time or during any five consecutive business days.[SUP]14[/SUP]

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Don't see any laws,statute,anything,just talk.

I'm guessing you called your ffl since 3 months ago.I'm sure you know all the laws,
    yr atf? NRA..FFL?
    Or just an officer with a whole lotta time on yo hands:(

But I will give ya this,your alone in a large group.Ive never seen any LEO look up
    the laws that you do on this board. I may seem hard,but I do appreciate that more
    than you know.And no I don't live near westlake or sulphur,my lungs are clean of
    plasticides.I did have cancer twice if that's any conciliation lol

"Don't see any laws,statute,anything,just talk." That's what everyone here is saying. You made a claim then followed it up with just talk. No laws, no statutes, nothing. You made a claim with nothing to back it up. The burden of proof is on you to show your claim is right. It's not up to me to show your claim wrong.

Here's an example of what you're doing. "There's a refrigerator orbiting around the sun between earth and mars. If you don't prove me wrong, that means I am right." Do you see how ridiculous that sounds?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You can only buy 1-2 lowers a month,period.

Maybe keep up with the laws instead of spewing dribble.

Federal law does not limit the number of guns a person may buy in any given time period. However, federal law does require federal firearm licensees (*FFLs*) to report multiple sales of handguns to ATF and other specified law enforcement agencies.

First you claim there is a limit and you belittle us for not keeping up with the law. Then you post a quote from Giffords Law Center stating there is no such law.

If Im wrong,ill admit it,until that time comes,carry on soldier lol

We're waiting...

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    . . . FFLs who are dealers or pawnbrokers must report to ATF whenever they sell or transfer two or more such weapons to the same person at one time or during any five consecutive business days.. . .

Multiple purchase forms only apply to the purchase of pistols and revolvers. Not receivers or long guns.

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    https://www.atf.gov/file/61741/download
    download

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Jd, I'm fairly certain but could be mistaken, trading rabbits is ok as long as they have their papers of certication and have been chipped.

I did not know about the chips. I guess the cop at the gun counter in another state was not up on the latest and greatest. I will never listen to legal advise from him again.

And I know for a fact that there is not a 2 gun/lower limit. If so there are 3-4 ffls and a dozen or so people I know who are in a lot of trouble...

Saw

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    New Orleans
    "There's a refrigerator orbiting around the sun between earth and mars. If you don't prove me wrong, that means I am right." Do you see how ridiculous that sounds?[/QUOTE]

I’d say that if there is a fridge on the ISS that would make that technically correct about half the day. :)

I’m sure that was helpful:mamoru: I didn’t not get that info from an FFL, so I’m not a 100%. My rabbits are chipped.

TrapperT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2020
    Sulphur,La.
    Settle down ,its just a discussion.lol..

And Ill admit I was wrong about the exact laws.
    SO federal law says if you buy more than 2,then you have to fill out a form and you will be
    reported to the atf and other agency's.

My point is,the way the author of this thread stated,people were buying lotssss of lowers
    and selling full rifles for a profit without a biz License? correct.

I proved that by federal and sate laws,that would be very hard to do ,considering of the
    issues related to the school killings and other mass killings.Basically,it has become a lot
    harder to do what the author suggested.I'm on the phone now with one of my local FFL's

Points.......
    Federal law defines a *multiple sale* as the sale of two or more guns to the same purchaser within five business days.3 Multiple sales are a significant indicator of firearms trafficking, and firearms sold in such sales are frequently recovered at crime scenes.

Laws limiting multiple sales can help to reduce gun trafficking. After Virginia introduced its one-gun-a-month law, there was a significant reduction in the number of crime guns recovered outside the state and traced back to Virginia dealers.7

Federal law does not limit the number of guns a person may buy in any given time period. However, federal law does require federal firearm licensees (*FFLs*) to report multiple sales of handguns to ATF and other specified law enforcement agencies.9 This reporting requirement was created to enable law enforcement to *monitor and deter illegal interstate commerce in pistols and revolvers by unlicensed persons,

FFLs who are dealers or pawnbrokers must report to ATF whenever they sell or transfer two or more such weapons to the same person at one time or during any five consecutive business days.14

snipehunter7

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2016
    Franklinton, LA

SO federal law says if you buy more than 2,then you have to fill out a form and you will be

My point is,the way the author of this thread stated,people were buying lotssss of lowers

I proved that by federal and sate laws,that would be very hard to do ,considering of the
    issues related to the school killings and other mass killings.Basically,it has become a lot
    harder to do what the author suggested.I'm on the phone now with one of my local FFL's

Points.......
    Federal law defines a *multiple sale* as the sale of two or more guns to the same purchaser within five business days.3 Multiple sales are a significant indicator of firearms trafficking, and firearms sold in such sales are frequently recovered at crime scenes.

Laws limiting multiple sales can help to reduce gun trafficking. After Virginia introduced its one-gun-a-month law, there was a significant reduction in the number of crime guns recovered outside the state and traced back to Virginia dealers.7

Federal law does not limit the number of guns a person may buy in any given time period. However, federal law does require federal firearm licensees (*FFLs*) to report multiple sales of handguns to ATF and other specified law enforcement agencies.9 This reporting requirement was created to enable law enforcement to *monitor and deter illegal interstate commerce in pistols and revolvers by unlicensed persons,

FFLs who are dealers or pawnbrokers must report to ATF whenever they sell or transfer two or more such weapons to the same person at one time or during any five consecutive business days.14

The ATF FAQ link from bangswitch https://www.atf.gov/file/61741/download indicates the reporting requirements do not apply to the receivers. The lower receiver was the item that started this whole thread.

Edit: formatting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rugrat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Louisiana

Points.......

Like tperez stated so many times before, present your info to prove your point. Where is your proof, your info? Otherwise, quit barking at the end of your chain! :)

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    "There's a refrigerator orbiting around the sun between earth and mars. If you don't prove me wrong, that means I am right." Do you see how ridiculous that sounds?

Actually there is a Tesla in an elliptical orbit around the sun as we speak.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom