Join BayouShooter For Free
Meplat

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 56

Thread: Heads Up

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdindadell View Post
    So , lets run a hypothetical scenario.

Say a fictitious character, we'll call him Boe Jiden, did a bunch of research and decided that the ar platform was what he wanted to use. He then did a bunch more research and decided that building (assembling) an ar was going to be the most cost and time conscious way to get all of the features that he desired. And then he also decided to build 6 identical rifles, as he has 6 places that he wants to have access to said guns. Keep in mind he has neever held or shot an ar rifle. He just decided it was a good idea.

So he gets them all built and then goes out to train with them. He finds that due to some sort of unseen circumstance that he much prefers bolt action scout style rifles in 375 ruger. So he now has no need of the 6 ar rifles. And he would like to sell them on to fund the purchase of 6 identical scout style rifles in 375 ruger.

He certainly built (assembled) them, and he certainly bought all of the parts via legal channels, including the lower receivers.

Is it ok for him to sell them, his reasoning behind the sale being solely that he changed his mind?

Or??? Is it illegal for him to "change his mind"?

Just wondering...

Always seemed weird that there are these cautious statements of not "manufacturing firearms for sale". There is a mighty good chance that when I die my remaining family will sell on the guns that I have built (and bought). Maybe not all but likely most. Since I am not "forever" my ownership of any item is not "forever" either...

So if I built a few guns a few months ago and decided that due to increasing prices and demand that I would move them on so that I could buy other items that better suit my changing tastes, would I be at fault? Or if I sold them at my cost would it be ok? If I sold at going rate, but donated the profits to Antifa would it be ok?

Seems like there are a bunch of holes in this, and the wording is not really good enough to differentiate between an average Joe selling some belongings and someone actively trying to skirt the ffl laws.
    Well if you’re Joe it’s ok. No need to ponder the legalities. You’re the chosen class.

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

So if I built a few guns a few months ago and decided that due to increasing prices and demand that I would move them on so that I could buy other items that better suit my changing tastes, would I be at fault? Or if I sold them at my cost would it be ok? If I sold at going rate, but donated the profits to Antifa would it be ok?

Seems like there are a bunch of holes in this, and the wording is not really good enough to differentiate between an average Joe selling some belongings and someone actively trying to skirt the ffl laws.
    If you're repeatedly building and selling, it's difficult to fault a reasonable person for seeing your activity as manufacturing. If you build and buy once or twice, it's much easier to articulate how you just changed your mind.

Not Banned!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by troy_mclure View Post
    i wouldnt risk it. safer selling AR's.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...lling-bunnies/
    I read that entire article and m still not any wiser about why it is illegal to sell more than 500 dollars of rabbits a year. Must be tied to some other law that reflects the breeders in some way. It would be handy if that article had covered that. Another badly written piece of crap, journalists should be reprimanded for that.
    "These Rocky Mountains aren't very rocky. Yeah, that John Denver is full of SH**!"

Marksman

User Info Menu

Who knew hasenpfeffer was so damn popular.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I read that entire article and m still not any wiser about why it is illegal to sell more than 500 dollars of rabbits a year. Must be tied to some other law that reflects the breeders in some way. It would be handy if that article had covered that. Another badly written piece of crap, journalists should be reprimanded for that.
    its an fda/usda regulation. something about needing a inspector over a certain amount as rabbits are food/livestock, not pets.

Marksman

User Info Menu

He's not even sure of his location

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

If you wanna build and sell you can build AR uppers ready to roll, any length barrel, all day long and sell as many as you want to anyone you want and still be perfectly legit in the eyes of the ATF. Just don’t sell any lowers. So there.
    Last edited by Magdump; September 15th, 2020 at 08:00 PM.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    If you wanna build and sell you can build AR uppers ready to roll, any length barrel, all day long and sell as many as you want to anyone you want and still be perfectly legit in the eyes of the law. Just don’t sell any lowers. So there.
    Good luck. Building uppers is still gunsmithing and if you sell enough, you would be required to acquire a business license and file taxes. Of course, you could do such things under the table, but discussing it on a public forum is pretty stupid.

I recall a shop in Covington doing this that was shut down.