Glock Press Release on Gen 5 .40 Pistols.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    GLOCK Expands their Gen5 Technologies to the .40 Caliber Line

08/10/2020

Glock has taken all of their Gen5 technologies and finally applied it to all of their .40 S&W offerings making them available to us. So, for anyone who has been holding out for the G22, G23, and G27 to finally get that premium Gen5 touch, your wait is over. Glock is looking to have all of those models available soon with a likely deliver time of October this year. Their official Press Release statement regarding the matter can be read below:

“In an effort to intelligently preserve and grow the GLOCK brand and deliver uncompromised quality and maximum customer satisfaction, we are focused on our mission of future-oriented manufacturing technologies. This includes extending the latest Gen5 technology enhancements to the .40 caliber line of pistols. Availability will begin in October; however, the focus will be on supporting existing .40 caliber agencies on transitioning to the latest technologies within the law enforcement market. While we will continue to support fielded Gen4 pistols and agencies with Gen4 models, we are stopping additional Gen4 productions for the US commercial market. We look forward to bringing the performance improvements of the Gen5 technologies to other areas of product development. Watch for additional product specifications and model availability in the Fall.“

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I have a gen3 Glock 22 and no complaints!
    I do understand that there is a demographic that only buys new, so there is likely some demand for it. The timing is good though with the current shortage of handguns.

As for me, I purchased 10 more shares of RGR today(last day to buy for the special dividend of $5 per share.)

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I have a gen3 Glock 22 and no complaints!
    I do understand that there is a demographic that only buys new, so there is likely some demand for it. The timing is good though with the current shortage of handguns.

As for me, I purchased 10 more shares of RGR today(last day to buy for the special dividend of $5 per share.)

The Gen 5 G22 will have many improvements over the Gen 3 G22.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    The Gen 5 G22 will have many improvements over the Gen 3 G22.

I understand that, but I am a nuts and guts kind of guy! All I need to do on a Glock is replace the guide rod and mag strings. I can’t rule out buying a 2nd hand one in a few years though.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom