Scam Alert !

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    This is an old one , but it's surfaced again . Somebody called my 86 yr old Mother and told her that they were from the power company and that her power was going to be cut off unless she made an immediate payment . They wanted a Credit Card obviously and Mom told them that she would have to go look for it . They said they would call back . Mom called my wife , she pays all of Mom's bills for her and the electric bill is automatically drafted so it took her about 90 seconds to pull up the account and see that everything was good . People fall for this scam and they like to prey on the elderly it seems . If you have elderly parents , etc. please tell them not to fall for this !

pandabear

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    May 1, 2014
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Yea, it happened to me just a few days ago. After listening to this person for a few minutes. I told him I'll pay my overdue bill in one condition, that he has to go out on a date with me. After a few more exchanges he got upset and finally hung up. You just gotta fight fire with fire sometime.

Dboymboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2019
    Harvey LA
    Happens all the time. I get those calls at least once a month. Wife almost got tricked into giving cc info. I told her we are on auto pay. And if they were to cut our power we would get a letter not a call. She thought it was legit cause the caller ID said Entergy. Gotta be careful with these people

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Big H

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 3, 2010
    Lake Charles, La. 70607
    I'm 10 younger than your mother but had the same exact call about 3 months ago---if their English
    had been a little better I probably would not laughed out loud---also had an e-mail earlier this year
    that my free AOL account had been terminated due to non payment---please call--- to reopen!!!

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Happens all the time. I get those calls at least once a month. Wife almost got tricked into giving cc info. I told her we are on auto pay. And if they were to cut our power we would get a letter not a call. She thought it was legit cause the caller ID said Entergy. Gotta be careful with these people

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Yes, some of these scammers are using apps that can spoof other numbers including companies like Entergy. A friend of mine pranked me a few years ago by spoofing the number for the 4th Marine Division HQ to tell me that I have been called up for active duty! I recognized his voice after a few seconds and told him to go f**k himself! After I hung up on him, I realized that was the reason why he asked if I was still on inactive reserve status the day before.

Top Bottom