Plum Crazy gen 2 lowers $119

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I’ve shot a few rifles with polymer lowers and even owned a pistol AR with one. I see no problem with them as long as it’s not for serious use and just for fun at the range. Who cares if they break if you didn’t buy them for a hardcore use rifle.

On another note, I think we all know I have had my strong disagreements on here with ole magdump. What I don’t get is why every time he posts something a few on here turn everything into a **** show. What good is this doing for the forum? I’m sure if he is violating rules a moderator would take care of it. There is no wonder why when I refresh the new topics it’s full of sale ads. No one wants to argue all the damn time(well maybe a few). As much as some of you play expert on here I’m amazed you have the time to argue with all of the training, testing firearms( aka google) and gaining superior knowledge in everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I can confirm that plastic FCG is crappy.I accidently put a 7.62x.39 upper on one of
    my polys.Fired it one time,needless to say,it blew da hell up inside the lower.

I was actually using the lower on a 22 upper.I would think it could handle 556 pretty
    well,but not anything past that,,,300blk,,458,,25/45,,7.62.

I can see the benefits of a plastic lower.Weight,can paint it,,etc...

Yeah I wouldn’t try to make it do any more than it was intended for for sure. I bet that was a painful lesson lol

TrapperT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2020
    Sulphur,La.
    Yeah I wouldn’t try to make it do any more than it was intended for for sure. I bet that was a painful lesson lol

It wasn't so much as painful as it was just strange,after one shot,no more boom.

I was like,now I know this upper is good.We was out in a field,so didn't really
    wanta juggle parts in my hands.Took it apart at camp:(

I also had that same plastic trigger go auto for a few mags.That was a lot of fun
    until it stopped lol

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I’ve shot a few rifles with polymer lowers and even owned a pistol AR with one. I see no problem with them as long as it’s not for serious use and just for fun at the range. Who cares if they break if you didn’t buy them for a hardcore use rifle.

On another note, I think we all know I have had my strong disagreements on here with ole magdump. What I don’t get is why every time he posts something a few on here turn everything into a **** show. What good is this doing for the forum? I’m sure if he is violating rules a moderator would take care of it. There is no wonder why when I refresh the new topics it’s full of sale ads. No one wants to argue all the damn time(well maybe a few). As much as some of you play expert on here I’m amazed you have the time to argue with all of the training, testing firearms( aka google) and gaining superior knowledge in everything.

ole magdump posts a lot. I don't know of anyone who turns even a significant percentage of his posts into a **** show.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Thank god for small miracles. It appears, looking back, that magpul(I cant believe I’m saying this) has actually tried contributing by starting threads that are anything but chumming for an argument. This place is getting like Facebook for guns, and the sole reason I don’t have Facebook is because of all the silly drama. This use to be the one place I could go and actually get info and entertainment, now it’s becoming a **** show that has gun deals that mostly are on par with a gun show. But that’s just my opinion and you get what you pay for

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Yeah you right, I've heard ole mag dump is a pretty big ol boy at 6'7'' and about 275,All muscle

It's said looking at him walking that it looks like a sack of walnuts inside that shirt moving around,Trained a bit as a MMA fighter too.

Dude probably has muscles in his feces ? Type of guy you want on you're side in any situation !

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Hahahahaha gosh dang you guys are on a roll tonight. If I knew where some good brass cased 9mm ammo could be had for a good price y’all know I’d post it despite any meh meh meh nose upturning anybody did. I don’t REALLY wonder why they click on something they wouldn’t touch with a ten foot pole....

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Hahahahaha gosh dang you guys are on a roll tonight. If I knew where some good brass cased 9mm ammo could be had for a good price y’all know I’d post it despite any meh meh meh nose upturning anybody did. I don’t REALLY wonder why they click on something they wouldn’t touch with a ten foot pole....

When TRump wins and after the riots when things calm down, Prices return to normal and all that...I'm buying a pallet of 9mm for 2024...hahaha

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    FWIW, I asked a question that no one answered, but that’s likely because I’m on ignore.

Their description about no lubrication and aluminum being inferior was funny.

Are these like the junk Gen 1’s that broke often?

I see they still use the junk parts like the Gen 1.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie

+1 I was thinking the exact same thing

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Kharri's has aluminum lowers for around the same price. Commercial spec though. Also, never tried one
    Complete and ready to pin on? Post that deal man. I bet a lot of folks would like to take advantage of that.
    As to the question I now see about which Gen lowers these are, read the title of the thread and the description of the lower. It’s there. Very clear. Don’t really know how anyone could miss that.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Are these like the junk Gen 1’s that broke often?

I see they still use the junk parts like the Gen 1.

As to the question I now see about which Gen lowers these are, read the title of the thread and the description of the lower. It’s there. Very clear. Don’t really know how anyone could miss that.

You may want to read the question again. I don't believe anyone asked if they were Gen 1's.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    @Magdump, read the reviews of people who bought em and some who have had issues with these. And can get NO support from either the seller or manufacturer. Is the manufacturer even still in business? Everything is plastic except the castle nut and springs.

Bottom line is why chance it for 60-80 dollars more for a proper forged AL lower? I just purchased an assembled lower half from PSA for $190 yesterday.

Just read an article that stated Plum Crazy suddenly went out of business in 2011.

arf.com discussion on plum crazy receivers: https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Plum-Crazy-Lowers/12-713829/

Might be fine for a .22 LR AR.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    The lowers use polymer components, not just the lower itself.

Plum Crazy did go out of business and their run in with the ATF is why they discontinued the Gen 1. The Gen 1 had a ton of issues, including snapping in half, because it was poorly designed. They supposedly addressed those with the Gen 2 design, which is why I asked the original question. Some people just like to skim my posts and don’t really read what was said.

The Gen 2 still uses the same polymer components, including a receiver extension that they installed with blue loctite and somehow believe that is better. That’s the same nonsense that Anderson Mfg does with their lowers. I suppose proprerly torquing the castle nut and staking the end plate is just too much work and will result in the prices increasing from increased labor. The continued nonsense about polymer being superior is just comical.

I wouldn’t take issue with anyone buying one for a range toy, but at the point of having to replace parts, I don’t know if this is really a deal at all.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    @Magdump, read the reviews of people who bought em and some who have had issues with these. And can get NO support from either the seller or manufacturer. Is the manufacturer even still in business? Everything is plastic except the castle nut and springs.

Bottom line is why chance it for 60-80 dollars more for a proper forged AL lower? I just purchased an assembled lower half from PSA for $190 yesterday.

Just read an article that stated Plum Crazy suddenly went out of business in 2011.

arf.com discussion on plum crazy receivers: https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Plum-Crazy-Lowers/12-713829/

Might be fine for a .22 LR AR.
    Thanks John. And thanks for setting the standard in how to reply to a post. I’ve already purchased and I know I can make this work for my needs. Others can decide whether they will work for them or not. And I’ll just ignore those who just like to take jabs and stir the pot. That should work for everyone.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    Complete and ready to pin on? Post that deal man. I bet a lot of folks would like to take advantage of that.

https://karrisguns.com/kg-classic-ar15-6-position-complete-lower.html

$140 + $11 Shipping. Free shipping over $150 with options available.

I have never touched one of these-just see lots of comments on gun.deals Please don't blame me if they suck

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    https://karrisguns.com/kg-classic-ar15-6-position-complete-lower.html

$140 + $11 Shipping. Free shipping over $150 with options available.

I have never touched one of these-just see lots of comments on gun.deals Please don't blame me if they suck

Seems like a nice deal but they are out of stock. Sort of like finding 9mm, 5.56, or 300 BO factory ammo in stock right now. (without getting raped on price)

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom