Plum Crazy gen 2 lowers $119

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    6f7b5cb386e5fe3ae5b3dc2083b157af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    It's plastic with a plastic buffer tube. It's airsoft grade. You might use it for a safe queen but it shouldn't be trusted for real world use.
    b8e38285d9288f8ced28321fa2bad7bc.jpg

Yeah, I didn’t see anything about airsoft grade in the ad, at all.
    When did they start requiring FFL transfers for air soft guns? Or should I say, where can I get an air soft rifle in 5.56?!! Cuz I’d definitely rock one of those.
    Are you speaking from experience with a poly lower? Would you care to shoot and inspect one of mine to know for certain whether or not they hold up to the rigors of plinking and target shooting? I gotta warn you first, the two I have in service at this time are both about 10 years old and both rifles have seen a pretty good round count, so shoot at your own risk.
    I have to assume you’re not a fan of polymer mags either, but they have served me well too.

Anyone who’s got a frontier or plum crazy lower with plastic trigger, hammer, takedown pins, safety, etc., and has been plinking with it since they hit the market, here is a source for the gen 2 at a decent price, maybe $20 more than years ago. Or you can drink the kool aid and deny yourself an alternative. By the way, if the buffer tube is a deal breaker, swapping the tube out is not a huge chore. Also, see my original post for disclaimer.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    b8e38285d9288f8ced28321fa2bad7bc.jpg

Yeah, I didn’t see anything about airsoft grade in the ad, at all.
    When did they start requiring FFL transfers for air soft guns? Or should I say, where can I get an air soft rifle in 5.56?!! Cuz I’d definitely rock one of those.
    Are you speaking from experience with a poly lower? Would you care to shoot and inspect one of mine to know for certain whether or not they hold up to the rigors of plinking and target shooting? I gotta warn you first, the two I have in service at this time are both about 10 years old and both rifles have seen a pretty good round count, so shoot at your own risk.
    I have to assume you’re not a fan of polymer mags either, but they have served me well too.

Anyone who’s got a frontier or plum crazy lower with plastic trigger, hammer, takedown pins, safety, etc., and has been plinking with it since they hit the market, here is a source for the gen 2 at a decent price, maybe $20 more than years ago. Or you can drink the kool aid and deny yourself an alternative. By the way, if the buffer tube is a deal breaker, swapping the tube out is not a huge chore. Also, see my original post for disclaimer.

They don't require FFL transfers for air soft guns.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    This is comical.

They are impervious to gasoline, acid, acetone, kerosene, and will not break after being dunked in liquid nitrogen and thrown onto a concrete floor unlike aluminum shatter! - These can handle up to 500 degrees and in the summertime, they are not hot to touch like aluminum receivers! - They are lighter than aluminum and can be run over at the mag-well where aluminum will be crushed and rendered useless!
    If you scratch ours they retain color and also a little WD-40 and some green scratch pad removes the scratch.
    Our fire controls require no lubrication whatsoever, The castle nuts do not need to be torqued, or staked as they are factory torqued with blue Loctite, and will not come loose.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    You look confused. The answer to your strawman question did not contradict my initial post.
    Out of all the questions I asked?
    Just wondering what your point was. Maybe it was a public service announcement to those who can’t think for themselves when buying a polymer lower? I assumed folks could make a decision without some warning to keep them out of harm’s way when posting a deal on something. I don’t know, it just seems like I’ve read posts where members have inquired about these lowers and low and behold a deal popped up. I passed it on, as a service to anyone interested. I stated pretty clearly that they’re suited for plinkers. I never said real world combat tactical operator proven anything. Definitely not trying to con anyone into spending their grocery money on a defective product.
    Have you ever owned or shot a poly lower AR? Wondering what you’re basing that airsoft grade statement on.
    Btw, that’s not me. That guy is a paid actor.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Just wondering what your point was.

Gator 45/70 commented they were "dirt cheap for today's prices." My point was to explain why they were so cheap. They are not of a quality for real world use. They are of airsoft quality as they are plastic with a plastic buffer tube. They might be suitable for a rifle one rarely removed from the safe, such as a plinker. But one should be cautious if they would like to use the plastic lower on most any AR15 as there was a greater chance those would see real world use than a safe queen would see real world use.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Gator 45/70 commented they were "dirt cheap for today's prices." My point was to explain why they were so cheap. They are not of a quality for real world use. They are of airsoft quality as they are plastic with a plastic buffer tube. They might be suitable for a rifle one rarely removed from the safe, such as a plinker. But one should be cautious if they would like to use the plastic lower on most any AR15 as there was a greater chance those would see real world use than a safe queen would see real world use.
    So, no polymer mags then? Is everything polymer airsoft grade? What about all the Magpul parts? No good?
    When you say real world use, do you mean something other than actually loading ammo into the weapon and firing it or just make believe pew pew in the back yard or some sort of internet use? Or do you mean combat or self defense?
    I’ll have to edit my statement to more accurately reflect the intent. Most any caliber AR15.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So, no polymer mags then? Is everything polymer airsoft grade? What about all the Magpul parts? No good?
    When you say real world use, do you mean something other than actually loading ammo into the weapon and firing it or just make believe pew pew in the back yard or some sort of internet use? Or do you mean combat or self defense?
    I’ll have to edit my statement to more accurately reflect the intent. Most any caliber AR15.

You're welcome to edit based on intent but it's still got a plastic buffer tube. It's also not suitable for real world use. And by real world, I mean something other than delicately using it at the range.

TrapperT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2020
    Sulphur,La.
    Don't forget the polymer FCG.

50249473942_2b440bd369_b.jpg

I can confirm that plastic FCG is crappy.I accidently put a 7.62x.39 upper on one of
    my polys.Fired it one time,needless to say,it blew da hell up inside the lower.

I was actually using the lower on a 22 upper.I would think it could handle 556 pretty
    well,but not anything past that,,,300blk,,458,,25/45,,7.62.

I can see the benefits of a plastic lower.Weight,can paint it,,etc...

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom