Two Hurricanes One Gulf

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Well wind shear and the high pressure right on the LA coastline and north are kicking Marco's butt. @ 40 mph right now. Tropical storms do not like high pressure, the inverse of their very nature. I don't think we will even get any rain in Hammond.
    It was a beautiful day here for sure. The coolest this month by a long shot.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Monday did turn out to be a nice day. We had one tropical downpour that lasted no longer than 5 mins. Nice and sunny otherwise. The kids swam in the pool and enjoyed their day off from school

jkingrph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2007
    "Two hurricanes have never appeared in the Gulf of Mexico at the same time, according to records going back to at least 1900, said Colorado State University hurricane researcher Phil Klotzbach. The last time two tropical storms were in the Gulf together was in 1959, he said."

never before: https://www.livescience.com/two-hurricanes-gulf-of-mexico.html

Did he not realize what he was stating. First sentence says two never appeared in the Gulf at the same time according to records going back to 1900, then next sentence says two were in the Gulf together in 1959. Rather a big contradiction!

jkingrph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2007
    Which way will Jim Catore go?

On a side not,Generators and gas cans selling like hot cakes at Lowes Yesterday

Tractor supply is out of Generators and cans in big Scott !

Bought my big 11KW Honda about 18 years ago. I had a large double throw disconnect put in with an inlet receptacle between my meter and breaker box, so I can completely disconnect from utility power and have and isolated inlet to the house. We are all electric so it will not power everything,so I usually turn off electric hot water and we can have AC, refrigerator, freezer, microwave, at least one stove top burner and lights. We live in E Texas about 25 miles south of Tyler, so I pulled it out of storage shed and placed under carport and ran the big connection to the house inlet, turned the fuel on and started it so carb is primed if I need it. We are forecast for high winds, and moderate rain so am prepared for power outage. All I have to do now is flip my big disconnect switch, start the generator and we will be in business. Preparing it ahead of time beats having to get out in wind and rain if the need arises, been there and done that, no fun, plus that thing is heavy to push across a wet yard. I did some years ago have a receiver for a trailer hitch installed, and a long drawbar made so I can pull it behind the lawn mower, and will probably need it to get it back in the shed as it is 400+ pounds and I am pushing 75 years old. Even if I don't need it, I will probably start it up and run with a big load for a couple of hours as I am getting close to a semi annual run, at least will keep magnetism up in the generator head. After that no matter how long I run it I will change the oil before putting it back in storage. No matter how long I run it I always put clean fresh synthetic oil in it, figuring oil is cheap, a quality generator is not.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Did he not realize what he was stating. First sentence says two never appeared in the Gulf at the same time according to records going back to 1900, then next sentence says two were in the Gulf together in 1959. Rather a big contradiction!

2 hurricanes vs 2 tropical storms

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA

Clearly you failed to comprehend. Two hurricanes have not appeared in the gulf of mexico simultaneously since modern records have been kept, while two tropical storms have, in 1959. There is a difference between a tropical storm and a hurricane.

I also verified this with another source altogether days ago, and it is accurate.

Tropical Storm
    A tropical storm is a tropical cyclone that has maximum sustained surface winds ranging from 39-73 mph (34 to 63 knots).

Hurricane
    A hurricane is a tropical cyclone that has maximum sustained surface winds of 74 mph or greater (64 knots or greater).

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Good deal! How big of a propane tank do you have to supply the generator?

Right now I'm on nat.gas
    Its capable of running on propane and gasoline
    I have a 22 gallon tank and at least 6 5 gallon tanks
    Never ran this for long on propane
    Mostly nat gas or when I loaned it out it ran on gasoline
    Not very economical on gasoline, But it's a 15hp unit

rugrat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Louisiana
    Right now I'm on nat.gas
    Its capable of running on propane and gasoline
    I have a 22 gallon tank and at least 6 5 gallon tanks
    Never ran this for long on propane
    Mostly nat gas or when I loaned it out it ran on gasoline
    Not very economical on gasoline, But it's a 15hp unit
    A good deal on natural gas because you dont have to worry about running out of propane and having to get them refilled.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    How does you NG conversion work? Are you really happy with its performance?

This unit I converted back in 2008,No complaints here
    Before that I had a Big Wheel 10 hp unit I converted
    Runs just fine powering up a couple of 8000 btu ac units
    With everything else,I wouldn't even try the main AC unit.
    Everything else here is nat gas, dryer, hot water heater.
    So we do okay with it.

kpm

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    If anyone is interested in a natural gas /propane conversion kit I have one for sale in the marketplace. It was used once to test and that’s it. I abandoned the project for a number of reasons and lost interest. One day I’ll spring for a perm whole house unit.

Let Me know if interested in the conversion kit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    If anyone is interested in a natural gas /propane conversion kit I have one for sale in the marketplace. It was used once to test and that’s it. I abandoned the project for a number of reasons and lost interest. One day I’ll spring for a perm whole house unit.

Let Me know if interested in the conversion kit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ventura, What does it fit or better yet what engine did you have that on? It may help you with you're ad.

Never mind, I see 10 hp Briggs,Very popular engine! Good Luck

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom