Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 1 of 10 12 ... LastLast
    *Banned*

User Info Menu

Cashless society very soon

I couldnít find the other thread where this came up, so Iíll start a new one.
    Iíve read print as far back as the late 70ís that predicted this and explained the whyís and howís. And now itís upon us.

https://youtu.be/gQmKlOGDkSo
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

It makes me think about when we changed the 100 dollar bills. Some countries said the old old ones were going be No Good.
    As lot and lots,are some with good old 100,s

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    I couldn’t find the other thread where this came up, so I’ll start a new one.
    I’ve read print as far back as the late 70’s that predicted this and explained the why’s and how’s. And now it’s upon us.

https://youtu.be/gQmKlOGDkSo
    Now how is the grass cutting kids supposed to make their money? Or for that matter lemonade stands,snow balls, Even the fallen angels will have to get a job?
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Now how is the grass cutting kids supposed to make their money? Or for that matter lemonade stands,snow balls, Even the fallen angels will have to get a job?

The kids are the ones who have started this with all the cashless apps.

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Evacuating from Katrina there were a lot of stores and gas stations not accepting cash and only taking cards.

Ironically, there were many stores and restaurants not accepting cards during the beginning of this pandemic.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by krotsman View Post
    Yeah, you know your right itís the kids today. Itís not magnetic stripped credit and debit cards which can instantly approve or deny the transaction, or the direct deposit payroll service, or the ability to pay all vendors through ach or even the consumer version where you log into your bank and set up the electric, water, cable bill, or mortgage to be paid on itís due date. Weíve done that with our personal bills for over a decade. ACH and direct deposits for employees and vendors 15-20 years in most larger businesses. I for one appreciate not have to handle fecal, and Cocane contaminated money so often. If our overlords can use my credit card purchases to track and pattern me they can use my cellphone and a dozen other things Iím forgetting or unaware of. If everything goes pair shaped the paper money will be just as worthless as the plastic/electronic money.

1911 cool-aid drinker

User Info Menu

Complete and total control! Its for our own good.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by krotsman View Post
    Really doubt that...
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Not Banned!!!

User Info Menu

2 types of people in this world...

Those who get paid in cash some or all of the time,

And those who just don't get it...

while I certainly agree that the various methods to pay (paypal, venmo, zelle, etc.) are handy, but just to buy stuff out of state.

But cash is still the deal maker.
    "These Rocky Mountains aren't very rocky. Yeah, that John Denver is full of SH**!"

Shooter

User Info Menu

I have no problem with cashless myself. I use a CC or my debit card. One of my CCs pay me back 2% on purchases so i try to put everything on it I can on it. I pay off the balance monthly, never pay interest or fees. Car insurance twice a year, annual homeowners insure premium, all high dollar purchases, monthly Spectrum bill, my phone bill. All earn me 2% into my Roth IRA paid monthly. I have not paid CC interest or a fee in 25 years min. Ditto my bank, zero monthly fees.

Paper currency is nasty, never gets washed, transferred via hands. Ditto coins. When I have used currency like at a fast food drive up during the pandemic, I tell em to keep the coins. Minimize hand to hand transfer/germs. I keep a cash currency stash in my center console, < $60. Small denomination bills, paper change back mostly.

I keep a $1000 in twenties in my safe just in case I need it. I used to keep more but no need today, everybody accepts a CC.
    Last edited by John_; August 25th, 2020 at 10:16 AM.
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -- George Santayana