Cashless society very soon

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Sounds like you have a hard time believing that the US gov't might be involved in anything "below board"...

The "war on drugs" gives the feds a large leverage on tax spending. Gov't likes being big and important. A new alphabet agency is like a blank checkbook, with an awesome retirement scheme. Not saying we don't need these agencies, and not saying that all involved are crooks, but corruption is universal. Do you think all of the hired help (politicians and bureaucrats) are always 100% in the right and doing all they can to be honest and truthful?

I can't be bothered to look it up, but wasn't there a Tom Cruise movie in the last 5yrs or so where he was a pilot that was recruited by the CIA or ? to run drugs or money? Pretty sure that was based on a true story. And crack was supposedly imported into the inner cities to widen the race gap, not sure about that one but I have heard it. Might be an urban legend? Would not surprise me either way. Drugs are big money, I read a thing that Kennedy was "removed from office" by the mob due to his increased pressure on organized crime, even after the mob was supposedly instrumental in him winning in certain areas. Then Johnson throttled back on that pressure after he took office... Food for thought. Will we even know the real truth, probably not. Just follow the money, and drugs produce a lot of money. Not just for the guy running the cartel...

I do believe members of our government has been involved in some nefarious activities. But when somebody makes an outlandish statement about the government, you need to be able to back it up with facts, not just hot air and BS. And I don't draw my facts or conclusions from some movie I saw @ the theater or on cable tv. That's just plain stupid. I read and research.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I do believe members of our government has been involved in some nefarious activities. But when somebody makes an outlandish statement about the government, you need to be able to back it up with facts, not just hot air and BS. And I don't draw my facts or conclusions from some movie I saw @ the theater or on cable tv. That's just plain stupid. I read and research.

The govt being involved in drugs is not outlandish. Saying that trump is colluding with aliens would be outlandish. Be careful where you get your facts. Good luck with the lawnmower sale.

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    My grandfather was warning me about this in the early 1980’s. It’s not going to happen. We are increasingly relying on cashless payments which is a convenience for many. It’s the big corps franchises that have demanded “no cash tendered”. They do that because cash distribution comes at a cost and cash is costly to sanitize. My suggestion is to boycott any business who refuses cash. If 50%+ of the nation votes with their wallet and petitions their local legislators and leadership, we will always have cash tendered or mega corps will fall.

jbanks2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2013
    I have no problem with cashless myself. I use a CC or my debit card. One of my CCs pay me back 2% on purchases so i try to put everything on it I can on it. I pay off the balance monthly, never pay interest or fees. Car insurance twice a year, annual homeowners insure premium, all high dollar purchases, monthly Spectrum bill, my phone bill. All earn me 2% into my Roth IRA paid monthly. I have not paid CC interest or a fee in 25 years min. Ditto my bank, zero monthly fees.

Paper currency is nasty, never gets washed, transferred via hands. Ditto coins. When I have used currency like at a fast food drive up during the pandemic, I tell em to keep the coins. Minimize hand to hand transfer/germs. I keep a cash currency stash in my center console, < $60. Small denomination bills, paper change back mostly.

I keep a $1000 in twenties in my safe just in case I need it. I used to keep more but no need today, everybody accepts a CC.

I'm the same way you are... But I don't keep fiat currency in my safe... I keep silver and gold coins and other metals in my safe...

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    You have a predicted date? Fill us in.
    John, that’s past unrealistic. Want us to give you lotto numbers and the day sky net will shut down the power grid as well? LMAO! Dude!
    Even you have conceded that it’s headed toward cashless in your money handling habits and the trends of the day.
    Sooner than people think...Obviously!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Perhaps one day. But we'll never live to see it, and neither will our great-great grandchildren- so I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

If it's obvious, then show us the evidence.

It's easy to forget that the poorer among us still live in a cash world. For many people having a bank account is not an option, so they essentially live life with their net worth balled up in their pocket.

Like some of the others here, I do keep some precious metals in my safe, but it's not because I'm predicting the end of fiat currency anytime soon.

Mike

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    John, that’s past unrealistic. Want us to give you lotto numbers and the day sky net will shut down the power grid as well? LMAO! Dude!
    Even you have conceded that it’s headed toward cashless in your money handling habits and the trends of the day.

My comment was based on some of you conspiracy theory proponents seem to have greater intel or wisdom on the topic. Please fill me in, educate me by all means. Enlighten me.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

It's easy to forget that the poorer among us still live in a cash world. For many people having a bank account is not an option, so they essentially live life with their net worth balled up in their pocket.

Like some of the others here, I do keep some precious metals in my safe, but it's not because I'm predicting the end of fiat currency anytime soon.

Mike
    Don’t sweat it. If you can’t see any evidence of things headed that way then don’t worry about it. If none of what you read here makes you think it’ll ever happen then you’re good. I’m sure there’s no reason for the Fed to push for full control of currency.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    My comment was based on some of you conspiracy theory proponents seem to have greater intel or wisdom on the topic. Please fill me in, educate me by all means. Enlighten me.
    Hey, some people don’t need to wait til it happens to believe that’s where we’re headed. And you can’t very well plan for something after it’s already done, so...
    as far as needing proof, Are you expecting the government or the banks to inform us it’s going down tomorrow or next month? Do you think there’s no reason for this to happen? Do you think nothing has leaned toward going cashless over the past few years? If you were standing on the tracks and someone told you a train was coming, would you need to stand there til you saw it rolling over you before you’d even consider it? Like I already stated, if there’s nothing that you’ve read here that makes you think it’s even remotely possible in your lifetime, don’t worry about it. You’re good.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Don’t sweat it. If you can’t see any evidence of things headed that way then don’t worry about it. If none of what you read here makes you think it’ll ever happen then you’re good. I’m sure there’s no reason for the Fed to push for full control of currency.

Sounds like a man with no evidence. Mike simply asked you for evidence of your claim.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Sounds like a man with no evidence. Mike simply asked you for evidence of your claim.
    I posted a video that I found explains the way things are headed. The literature I read in the 70’s is called The Late Great Planet Earth if I remember correctly. Many of the predictions in that book have already occurred. I have what I need for me. If you can’t find enough for you then by all means, disregard my post. I’m not here to sell anything and could give 2 turds what you believe, as it simply does not affect me. People who look to others for proof of everything will always be lost for answers, so if it’s of no concern to you, forget about it, but if it is, do your own homework.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    https://youtu.be/GbECT1J9bXg

I think this vid will give you enough to go on and what else to research on your own if you don’t think this is where we’re headed. The video shows how easily it will happen and how quickly it already is happening. They’re associating cash with crime and tax evasion.
    So, with banks, politicians and leading economists pushing for a cashless world and making cash worthless by making it a hassle or costly to deal in or ultimately just not accepting it, can we really expect that anyone would accept cash as payment if they have nowhere to spend it except for private transactions? Unless you don’t believe that the big banks control the money, I don’t understand how anyone can say with all certainty that this is not where we are headed.
    What’s the motive? Control of course. Is it that hard to believe? Or are folks just refusing to believe it because they don’t want it to see it happen? I’m watching it happen day by day so I already know it’s coming. As far as it has come in the last decade, I don’t see many hurdles left, including time.
    Bottom line is, if the money changers and the Federal Reserve and the IRS all want it, guess what will happen...

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

Mike
    I’m not predicting anything as much as watching it happen before my eyes. I realize there are huge numbers of people who live cash only, but they don’t control the money. They actually will have to accept what comes, just as many have had to accept direct deposit of their paycheck, various other forms of payment and so on. Seeing what I have in a certain amount of time shows me that it’s going to be. The evidence is out there if you open your eyes. You don’t need to hear it from me.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Can we become a penniless society before we become a cashless one? What do people have against rounding up or down to the nearest nickel?

Top Bottom