Cashless society very soon

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    It makes me think about when we changed the 100 dollar bills. Some countries said the old old ones were going be No Good.
    As lot and lots,are some with good old 100,s

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I couldn’t find the other thread where this came up, so I’ll start a new one.
    I’ve read print as far back as the late 70’s that predicted this and explained the why’s and how’s. And now it’s upon us.

https://youtu.be/gQmKlOGDkSo

Now how is the grass cutting kids supposed to make their money? Or for that matter lemonade stands,snow balls, Even the fallen angels will have to get a job?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Evacuating from Katrina there were a lot of stores and gas stations not accepting cash and only taking cards.

Ironically, there were many stores and restaurants not accepting cards during the beginning of this pandemic.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    The kids are the ones who have started this with all the cashless apps.

Yeah, you know your right it’s the kids today. It’s not magnetic stripped credit and debit cards which can instantly approve or deny the transaction, or the direct deposit payroll service, or the ability to pay all vendors through ach or even the consumer version where you log into your bank and set up the electric, water, cable bill, or mortgage to be paid on it’s due date. We’ve done that with our personal bills for over a decade. ACH and direct deposits for employees and vendors 15-20 years in most larger businesses. I for one appreciate not have to handle fecal, and Cocane contaminated money so often. If our overlords can use my credit card purchases to track and pattern me they can use my cellphone and a dozen other things I’m forgetting or unaware of. If everything goes pair shaped the paper money will be just as worthless as the plastic/electronic money.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    2 types of people in this world...

Those who get paid in cash some or all of the time,

And those who just don't get it...

while I certainly agree that the various methods to pay (paypal, venmo, zelle, etc.) are handy, but just to buy stuff out of state.

But cash is still the deal maker.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I have no problem with cashless myself. I use a CC or my debit card. One of my CCs pay me back 2% on purchases so i try to put everything on it I can on it. I pay off the balance monthly, never pay interest or fees. Car insurance twice a year, annual homeowners insure premium, all high dollar purchases, monthly Spectrum bill, my phone bill. All earn me 2% into my Roth IRA paid monthly. I have not paid CC interest or a fee in 25 years min. Ditto my bank, zero monthly fees.

Paper currency is nasty, never gets washed, transferred via hands. Ditto coins. When I have used currency like at a fast food drive up during the pandemic, I tell em to keep the coins. Minimize hand to hand transfer/germs. I keep a cash currency stash in my center console, < $60. Small denomination bills, paper change back mostly.

I keep a $1000 in twenties in my safe just in case I need it. I used to keep more but no need today, everybody accepts a CC.

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I recently sold my 450 bushmaster rifle and ammo, dude paid me in all twenties. Ditto for the guy who purchased my 300 BO pistol. Because they get cash from the ATM. All was deposited @ my bank collectively. First time I ever walked into a bank with a mask on...........but no note :)

jdavid1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    Hammond, LA
    Now how is the grass cutting kids supposed to make their money? Or for that matter lemonade stands,snow balls, Even the fallen angels will have to get a job?

I don't know a single kid who cuts grass or babysits that doesn't accept venmo these days. It's too easy with no hand to hand transaction. I was a cash only type guy for a while, but with this pandemic crap I've went to CC and venmo. With the points/cash back on credit cards it's hard not to use them for everything. If I get paid in cash for something it goes in the safe.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    If anyone would like to dispose of that worthless, filthy cash just to be on the safe side, I know some folks.....:bigok:

I didn't read anybody say it was worthless. I'd just rather not swap DNA or germs with a lot of folks right now. Some of em pickin their noises @ red lights or scratchin their ass crack while standin in line @ walmart. The fact is some people live like pigs, in their vehicles and at home. Not all but a few.

I wore a mask my last hair cut visit, only one in the shop with one out of 5 men and a child.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Judging by the responses in this thread, cash will be done soon. Sad... Sounds like quite a few here are working credit cards the right way, but also trusting banks to keep their savings safe and accessible. Don't trust the banks, just look who works in them...

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I didn't read anybody say it was worthless. I'd just rather not swap DNA or germs with a lot of folks right now. Some of em pickin their noises @ red lights or scratchin their ass crack while standin in line @ walmart. The fact is some people live like pigs, in their vehicles and at home. Not all but a few.

I wore a mask my last hair cut visit, only one in the shop with one out of 5 men and a child.

My goodness,How did we live this long? You have no ideal how many places cash is hidden until you've worked a bingo game raising money for the Jaycees !

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    The ones I get a big laugh at are driving alone in their car with a mask on. See it frequently.

Soon as i get out of the grocery that baby is coming off! I can't imagine working all day wearing one but you do what you must. And young children @ school?

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    First pandemic in my 62 years here on earth. I know there are many naysayers right now, but I generally err on the side of caution. Here is a prime example of why to be cautious. Hit the hyperlink below.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/university-of-alabama-coronavirus-140343391.html

Lol, Propaganda ol chap,You've lived thru much worse and way more than 2020 has thrown at us,We can Thank China and the Democraps for this Wuhan Corona 19

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom