Shootings/death in Kenosha, WI last night

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    They were chasing him AFTER he shot the first guy in the back and head.

Rosenbaum was shot multiple times, possibly once in the back by another shooter. They were chasing him prior to Rosebaum being shot.

An autopsy conducted by the Milwaukee medical examiner's office indicated Rosenbaum suffered multiple gunshot wounds, according to the probable cause statement.

One shot was fired into his right groin, fracturing his pelvis. Another shot to Rosenbaum's back perforated his right lung and liver. He also suffered a gunshot wound to his left hand, a superficial gunshot wound to his left thigh and a graze wound to the right side of his forehead, according to the narrative.

silvestris

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vidalia, LA
    Guys, don’t go anywhere where violence is likely to occur. It is bad enough when violence occurs without warning. My life, and I presume, yours, is too precious to needlessly lose. The aftermath is more than you want want to experience.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    Guys, don’t go anywhere where violence is likely to occur. It is bad enough when violence occurs without warning. My life, and I presume, yours, is too precious to needlessly lose. The aftermath is more than you want want to experience.
    +1, although you never know when you could accidentally find yourself in a situation like this. One wrong turn in the car and you could be in the middle of one of these unannounced "peaceful protests". With the amount of civil unrest and riots, I mean protests, going on, I've started carrying a extra box of SD ammo in the car, in addition to the spare mag already being carried.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Instead of starting a new thread, figured I'd post this update here.

https://waow.com/2020/11/09/gun-use...ngs-was-bought-in-ladysmith-complaint-states/

KENOSHA COUNTY (WQOW) - The man who purchased the gun Kyle Rittenhouse allegedly used in shootings that killed two in Kenosha earlier this year is now facing charges and court documents show the gun was bought in Ladysmith.

Dominick Black, 19, is charged with two counts of intentionally giving a dangerous weapon to a person under 18 causing death.

According to the criminal complaint filed in Kenosha County Court:

Black purchased a Smith & Wesson M&P 15 rifle from Ladysmith Ace Home Center up in Ladysmith on May 1, 2020.

The complaint says Black bought the gun with money from Rittenhouse with the intention of giving the gun to him.

Rittenhouse was 17 at the time and thus not of legal age to buy a gun in Wisconsin.

Rittenhouse and Black agreed the gun would be stored at Black's stepfather's home in Kenosha. The address of that home matches the address listed for Black on the criminal complaint.

On August 23, Jacob Blake was shot in Kenosha which led to protests and riots in the city.

During those events, Rittenhouse allegedly shot and killed two people and wounded another. He is charged with 1st degree intetonal homicide, 1st degree reckless homicide, two counts of 1st degreee recklessly endangering safety and one count of possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18.

Rittenhouse's attorneys have argued he was acting in self defense.

If convicted, Rittenhouse could spend the rest of his life in prison.

Black is facing 12 years in prison if convicted.

https://www.kenoshanews.com/news/lo...cle_38bc2084-5763-5985-9a12-573ea87de66c.html

Another article that has some more info. I found this part a bit interesting.

Black told police that when they went to his stepfather’s to get the guns he was concerned about Rittenhouse having the rifle because he was not 18. *Black thought in his head he could have stopped it, but he knew if he would have told Kyle ‘no’ (meaning taking the rifle), he (Kyle) would have thrown a fit,* the Antioch report states.

In the reports, Black told police he *told Kyle that he (Black) was going to be in more trouble than Kyle. He told Kyle that he (Kyle) was defending himself and said he told Kyle ‘in all reality, you are not supposed to have that gun. That gun was in my name.*

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Instead of starting a new thread, figured I'd post this update here.

https://waow.com/2020/11/09/gun-use...ngs-was-bought-in-ladysmith-complaint-states/

https://www.kenoshanews.com/news/lo...cle_38bc2084-5763-5985-9a12-573ea87de66c.html

Another article that has some more info. I found this part a bit interesting.

Reads like a couple of kids ignorant of the law did something stupid that ultimately led to unwanted events.

Both of them will be lucky if they walk free, but I don’t see it happening.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    I feel bad for them and their families. I did a lot of stupid **** when I was a teenager and a lot of it would have probably got me in trouble with the law if I was caught. I was lucky on many occasions. I don't think I'd have ever gone to a "peaceful protest" armed with a rifle though. Seems like such a terrible way to ruin your life so young :(

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I feel bad for them and their families. I did a lot of stupid **** when I was a teenager and a lot of it would have probably got me in trouble with the law if I was caught. I was lucky on many occasions. I don't think I'd have ever gone to a "peaceful protest" armed with a rifle though. Seems like such a terrible way to ruin your life so young :(
    I feel much the same. I can say that I wouldn’t have gone to another state to defend someone I don’t know, but I’d absolutely go to the aid of family in the event their home was under threat of said protests. That being said, if I was blessed enough to see things going south, I’d do my best to move those family to my home or another location before I’d stand in the street with a rifle. It’s hard to figure his motive and his thought process going into that scenario, but I don’t believe he had any ill intent. It’s unfortunate that he got caught up in this predicament as a result of the actions of a crazed mob, but had the tables been turned and the mob had killed him I’d feel worse. And I’m pretty certain there would be no outcry for justice from the media or anyone on that side of the isle.
    I’m also glad one of the nimrods survived to have to explain his actions to the court.

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I agree he needs to stay in the forefront. Bottom line, he needs our support and he needs to be found not guilty.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I’m not going to get into his legal troubles but I’ll make a comment. This kid went down there to look for trouble and unfortunately he found it. I’ve seen so many comments about other people at protests etc regarding not being able to protest because “we have to work in the morning” but this kid gets a pass. Guilty or not guilty is not for me to decide but I won’t hitch my wagon to this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

civiltiger07

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 20, 2017
    Brusly
    I’m not going to get into his legal troubles but I’ll make a comment. This kid went down there to look for trouble and unfortunately he found it. I’ve seen so many comments about other people at protests etc regarding not being able to protest because *we have to work in the morning* but this kid gets a pass. Guilty or not guilty is not for me to decide but I won’t hitch my wagon to this one.

You know what he kid's intent was?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    He took a rifle to counter protest and “guard” businesses. Yeah, I’d say I have a pretty good idea.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    ah ok so you don’t know what you are talking about.

I told you what I was talking about, was anything I said wrong? Let’s here your take on it or do you not have one?

Top Bottom