Shootings/death in Kenosha, WI last night

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I agree. Dude at least showed up with a med kit and seemed to be somewhat responsible when it came to shooting. He didn’t hit bystanders or go full semi auto and fire dozens of rounds. I think it’s a **** show, but I’m not upset.

Agreed. All things considered, he was very cool under the stress of the situation and only fired upon those attacking him and hit what he was intending too.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I'm gonna try again. Perhaps you missed my question the first time. I'm anxious to learn from your vast expertise on the applicable law.

The part about it being unlawful to open carry is incorrect. It may be unlawful for a 17 year old to be carrying a defensive weapon, but I can’t find any laws that prove or disprove that. I’m unfamiliar with Wisconsin law, but do know that Open Carry is legal in that state.

I have never seen/read any state law (or federal for that matter) pertaining to firearms use the terminology "defensive weapon". What exactly is classified as a "defensive weapon"?

Where would i find such terminology in state or federal laws?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I'm gonna try again. Perhaps you missed my question the first time. I'm anxious to learn from your vast expertise on the applicable law.

I have never seen/read any state law (or federal for that matter) pertaining to firearms use the terminology "defensive weapon". What exactly is classified as a "defensive weapon"?

Where would i find such terminology in state or federal laws?

No, John, you’re literally using a term that was stated and never used as a legal definition to pick an argument.

You’re reverting back to your old ways.

If you have never heard the term defensive weapon, then you must be living under a rock.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Agreed. All things considered, he was very cool under the stress of the situation and only fired upon those attacking him and hit what he was intending too.

If you watch the interviews of him prior to everything, the kid was pepper sprayed and didn’t shoot anyone. He offered aid to others and the LEO rolling by even offered them water and spoke with them. Seemed like he wasn’t causing trouble.

Do I think it was unwise to be there if he had no logical reason to be? Yes, but I don’t know why he was there. Supposedly he was protecting a business, supposedly the business is family owned, can’t say until the facts are out there.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I have no problems with these morons being shot; and don't care that they died! What I do have a problem with is now that these idiots are being shot, now it's a big deal! Now someone is getting arrested!?!

So, going back to my first post in this discussion, the politicians are ordering police to stand down and allow myriads of criminal acts to be overlooked, which in my understanding is a dereliction of their sworn duty in the first place. Secondly, and I am just asking, don't the police take the same oaths? And, if so; why is it not justified for them to disregard an illegal order just like military can, if they deem such orders unconstitutional? Why can't they observe criminal acts, and act regardless of their directives from obviously crooked and immoral politicians?

From a political perspective you may say to yourself, this will help Trump come November; but what is he actually doing about this? The republicans in general are doing nothing but spewing their own BS opposed to this, just like demo-rats are spewing their BS for it.

People being shot and killed is the natural progression of this horseshit! I hope more of these criminals are shot and killed during these crime sprees. This garbage has gone on long enough. This entire charade about this being about social injustice and for a cause was BS from the start. Saint Floyd had so much Fentanyl in his system, the coroner thinks he would have died on his own. A false narrative from the onset, flamed by idiots in the media and politics to justify and sew chaos. I really wish they had a day of reckoning and a hell, because most of these piles of sh1t in the media and in politics would catch the fast train down!

I want my President, and my federal government to stop this **** now!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

I am actually surprised that he fired at all. I was expecting to see him get cold feet, and get beaten to death with his own rifle.

Do not aim a gun at anything you don't intend on destroying! "Check!"

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    No, John, you’re literally using a term that was stated and never used as a legal definition to pick an argument.

You’re reverting back to your old ways.

If you have never heard the term defensive weapon, then you must be living under a rock.

I'm not trying to start an argument here. You used the term in your discussion of the applicable laws. I'm simply asking you to define "defensive weapon". And if there are defensive weapons, there must also be offensive weapons. I want to learn.

No need for you to get butt hurt, buddy.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I'm not trying to start an argument here. You used the term in your discussion of the applicable laws. I'm simply asking you to define "defensive weapon". And if there are defensive weapons, there must also be offensive weapons. I want to learn.

No need for you to get butt hurt, buddy.

Ah, so you agree that it’s just a term that was used in discussion...

Yet you chose to badger the idea that I said it was a legal definition.

Strange...

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I am actually surprised that he fired at all. I was expecting to see him get cold feet, and get beaten to death with his own rifle.

Do not aim a gun at anything you don't intend on destroying! "Check!"

Still somewhat unclear why he fired at the first guy, striking him in the head.

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    This page has a compilation of vids associated with the shootings. http://thegunfeed.com/every-video-of-kyle-rittenhouse-kenosha-shooting/

The first one shows the shooting and why everyone started chasing him. It looks like its an used car lot they were "defending". The 17yo made the decision to shoot and in the vid and someone carrying a camera made a decision to label him a murderer and pointed him out to several people coming up.

IMO That camera persons decision to judge the situation and point him out as a murderer vs someone defending property from looting/arson etc, nearly cost the 17yo his life and did cost others theirs.

Can you incite a riot while having a riot?

Bad situation all around no doubt.

falshooter

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Ponchatoula/Hammond
    Last edited:

AndyG

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 3, 2019
    Lafayette, LA
    RE *From a political perspective you may say to yourself, this will help Trump come November; but what is he actually doing about this? The republicans in general are doing nothing but spewing their own BS opposed to this, just like demo-rats are spewing their BS for it.*

State and Local Gov’ts are in the best position to address riots/looting/unrest namely by mobilizing their respective National Guard. Short of full blown insurrection, the Federal Gov'ts hands are largely tied by design unless their assistance is requested; about the best they can do unilaterally is deploy personnel to protect federal buildings.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    cc0b4123241c473d4612909144b589ab.jpg

Priceless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    He was just fulfilling the dead guys request. He did tell him to *shoot me nickel* many times.

Are y’all talking about the guy who threw the Molotov (or some other flaming package) at him and then continued to run him down? Imagine that guy doing that to a cop and how much sooner he would have died and how many more rounds would have been expended.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Are y’all talking about the guy who threw the Molotov (or some other flaming package) at him and then continued to run him down? Imagine that guy doing that to a cop and how much sooner he would have died and how many more rounds would have been expended.

You are correct. If the police would have shot him probably 80% of the rounds would have missed and possibly hit others. That 17 year old was very proficient. I say give him a commission and put him to work. Anyone who only takes one mag to war must have some skills and balls of steel.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    https://twitter.com/zerosum24/status/1298486309472927744
    This is one view .. dumbass is chasing the shooter right before he gets his due.. In another video taken from the side you can see the dumbass shot in head was throwing **** and running down the shooter...with someone else firing behind him

this link

https://twitter.com/trbrtc/status/1...hooter-kyle-rittenhouse-may-shot-first-video/

A bullet to the head surely changes your demeanor! That retard went from marauding criminal self anointed badass to disoriented dying idiot in a matter of seconds.

Got to love the medical experts chiming in while his life of shame passes before him as he drifts away to neverland! Good riddance!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    By the way, several high powered lawyers have agreed to defend the hero, pro bono.

That is what it will take to stop this kind of persecution.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom