Shootings/death in Kenosha, WI last night

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    2 or 3 people were shot in Kenosha last night during protests/riots. One is reported dead. If you follow the link below and scroll thru it, there are a stills of one guy shot in the right arm @ his elbow area (nasty wound), another shot in the head, and video of the mob trying to overpower the guy armed with an ar15. Shooter falls to the ground, few guys try to overpower him/take his weapon and he opens fire on em. Bringing fists to a gunfight. Backstory is a group of armed white males were there to protect a gas station/convenience store from the mob. Saw stills of 4 or 5 white males slung with rifles.

Looks like a real cluster going on in Kenosha right now, protests, burning vehicles, engaging police. Another video posted shows young white males busting car windows out at what appears to be a used car lot with a baseball bat. All the participants are young in the videos, a mix of both white and blacks. Mostly whites in the videos I viewed.

Another video shows protestors engaging LEOs in a Badger, hurling bottles it appears at them. LEOs respond with tear gas.

https://www.fark.com/comments/10930...AD-ujDBFLS_Ct0XxwHfuYZZSngTlJWkZ6eNK2q7d2btUE

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    What this shows is no matter what the circumstances are if one defends himself against the mob he will be vilified and hung out to dry. The longer this goes on the more I feel it’s being allowed to happen by both sides of the aisle. Whatever the political reasons are I could care less. The issue is when it knocks at your front door our rights to self defense are looked at as aggression and we will be punished for it. Dunno

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Keep you're mask on, Wear gloves,Pick up the brass if possible

Edit,Leave those tracking devices home,Louisiana tracks you're movements !

https://www.perfectjammer.com/all-cell-phone-jammers-blockers.html

EO08007.jpg

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    If these democrat governors, mayors, and D.A.'s all take oaths to uphold the laws of the people they govern, why are they not being quickly removed from office for derelictions of duty?

Also, if the video of that dude shooting people that were chasing him isn't enough for the feds to intervene and stop this ****, I don't know what is.

Those criminal riotous fa&&ots sure ended their gang pursuit as soon as that dude let it be known he was actually throwing lead. :chuckles:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    It's a challenging topic. To me when you go beyond lawful protests to mass looting, burning buildings and vehicles, and breaking into buildings, you should be shot on sight. Just like what happened when the Rodney King riots in LA 20+ years ago. Asian store owners armed themselves in their stores or atop the building to protect their business, their liveyhood from looting or burning.

Days after Katrina, NOPD and military did the same in NO. Henry Glover was shot by NOPD @ Oakwood mall. He was engaged in looting @ the time. It wasn't widely publicized but seasoned troops came to NO from combat service and "upheld the law" for a time. The savages were shooting at helos in the airspace, sometimes rescue helos.
    They brought to trial the officers involved in the Glover case.

The flip side of this is whats occurring for now a couple months. While some have been lawfully protesting, many have seized the opportunity to burn, loot, steal, and destroy. Or physically assault folks. With little consequences really. They arrest the main perps but many are released days later. Sometimes no charges are brought. So with little recourse, it continues to happen. There is no easy answer or solution really. If the cops open up on em, or even shoot one brother looting or burning buildings, the media will have a field day and a lot of people in the US would absolutely go crazy.

On the liberal side, it appears there is a lot of sympathy and support for the protestors, looters, and criminals than law enforcement. "Defund the police" is the current cry. I say give em what they want, disband the police in Minneapolis as see what happens in 60 days. It will be a grand sh**storm in short order.

As for me, I support law enforcement 100%. They don't have a clue what would happen without the police or law enforcement in our society. If you are opposed to the police/law enforcement, you must be pro criminal then.
    That thin blue line is the difference between a relatively civil society, and anarchy/chaos.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.

My first time seeing the video.
    I say justified shooting.
    I'm also amazed how fast his buddies ran and left the wounded assailant laying on the pavement. With friends like those, . . .

It's a challenging topic. To me when you go beyond lawful protests to mass looting, burning buildings and vehicles, and breaking into buildings, you should be shot on sight. Just like what happened when the Rodney King riots in LA 20+ years ago. Asian store owners armed themselves in their stores or atop the building to protect their business, their liveyhood from looting or burning.

Days after Katrina, NOPD and military did the same in NO. Henry Glover was shot by NOPD @ Oakwood mall. He was engaged in looting @ the time. It wasn't widely publicized but seasoned troops came to NO from combat service and "upheld the law" for a time. The savages were shooting at helos in the airspace, sometimes rescue helos.
    They brought to trial the officers involved in the Glover case.

The flip side of this is whats occurring for now a couple months. While some have been lawfully protesting, many have seized the opportunity to burn, loot, steal, and destroy. Or physically assault folks. With little consequences really. They arrest the main perps but many are released days later. Sometimes no charges are brought. So with little recourse, it continues to happen. There is no easy answer or solution really. If the cops open up on em, or even shoot one brother looting or burning buildings, the media will have a field day and a lot of people in the US would absolutely go crazy.

On the liberal side, it appears there is a lot of sympathy and support for the protestors, looters, and criminals than law enforcement. "Defund the police" is the current cry. I say give em what they want, disband the police in Minneapolis as see what happens in 60 days. It will be a grand sh**storm in short order.

As for me, I support law enforcement 100%. They don't have a clue what would happen without the police or law enforcement in our society. If you are opposed to the police/law enforcement, you must be pro criminal then.
    That thin blue line is the difference between a relatively civil society, and anarchy/chaos.

Glover was shot in Algiers, not Gretna. He had looted the Tuesday Morning Store in the Cypress Plaza Shopping Center, then stolen a truck from the Firestone Auto Care Shop. He was driving the truck towards officers on the street level, when he was shot with a FAL from the balcony above.
    There was a police substation on the second level of Cypress Plaza.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    My first time seeing the video.
    I say justified shooting.
    I'm also amazed how fast his buddies ran and left the wounded assailant laying on the pavement. With friends like those, . . .

Glover was shot in Algiers, not Gretna. He had looted the Tuesday Morning Store in the Cypress Plaza Shopping Center, then stolen a truck from the Firestone Auto Care Shop. He was driving the truck towards officers on the street level, when he was shot with a FAL from the balcony above.
    There was a police substation on the second level of Cypress Plaza.

10-4. I relied upon my memory which 15 years later wasn't spot on. Didn't they set Oakwood on fire, and loot it? Seems like I remember that. They had a lot of savages doing really bad things in NO right after Katrina. I also remember the police chief breaking down on tv.

Glover got what he deserved imo. Read this trash quote from wiki: "On September 2, 2005, Glover had gone to a strip mall to retrieve some baby clothing. NOPD Police Officer David Warren fatally shot Glover from a second-story balcony, from where Warren had been guarding a detective bureau office."

"gone to a strip mall to retrieve some baby clothing"........ give me a break!

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    It seems if you stand and resist the mob you are the problem and will be hunted down and prosecuted. Our right to selfie defense during all this chaos seems to be non existent. Maybe I’m wrong? I guess you should allow yourself to be knocked to the ground, kicked, and beaten unconscious then have your firearm taken and shot with it or have it used in a crime by the mob? Some will say avoid the situation and I understand that. But what when it shows up at your door or in your face and you are forced to defend yourself and your family? The media and law enforcement will eat you alive and make the mob the victims. Crazy times

EightySix

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    If I'm on the jury, he's free to go. People need to learn the hard way to stop fcuking with other people. It makes no sense to not be able to protect your property with deadly Force if necessary.

These a$$holes were raised by Xbox and Nintendo as parents and when the grow up and enter the real world they act as if it's a video game.

What a bunch of garbage humans

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    It occurred to me the other day that we haven’t heard much about this kind of thing happening in Louisiana. Given the 3rd world nature and government in NO for so long I expected we would by now.

Then it dawned on me that if creatures like like that showed up causing trouble here, it wouldn’t be on the news, no Facebook or twitter nonsense, or anything like that. They would just disappear. Too much swampland, too many alligators, and too many Cajuns more than happy to feed both with problem people. Been happening for hundreds of years.

Reminds me of “I have a very specific set of skills...”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lets_Ride

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Mine is a Caldwell, has a velcro attachment around the handguard. Black bag with a zipper, works great on my ARs.

This is it @ midwayusa: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1015038953?pid=269873

BTW, what is a dorky brass catcher?

Sorry. I was just making a joke based on an earlier comment about picking up your brass after a shooting. All brass catchers would be considered pretty "dorky" on a "battle rifle" I guess.

Top Bottom