Join BayouShooter For Free
Meplat

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12312 ... LastLast
    Shooter

User Info Menu

It's a challenging topic. To me when you go beyond lawful protests to mass looting, burning buildings and vehicles, and breaking into buildings, you should be shot on sight. Just like what happened when the Rodney King riots in LA 20+ years ago. Asian store owners armed themselves in their stores or atop the building to protect their business, their liveyhood from looting or burning.

Days after Katrina, NOPD and military did the same in NO. Henry Glover was shot by NOPD @ Oakwood mall. He was engaged in looting @ the time. It wasn't widely publicized but seasoned troops came to NO from combat service and "upheld the law" for a time. The savages were shooting at helos in the airspace, sometimes rescue helos.
    They brought to trial the officers involved in the Glover case.

The flip side of this is whats occurring for now a couple months. While some have been lawfully protesting, many have seized the opportunity to burn, loot, steal, and destroy. Or physically assault folks. With little consequences really. They arrest the main perps but many are released days later. Sometimes no charges are brought. So with little recourse, it continues to happen. There is no easy answer or solution really. If the cops open up on em, or even shoot one brother looting or burning buildings, the media will have a field day and a lot of people in the US would absolutely go crazy.

On the liberal side, it appears there is a lot of sympathy and support for the protestors, looters, and criminals than law enforcement. "Defund the police" is the current cry. I say give em what they want, disband the police in Minneapolis as see what happens in 60 days. It will be a grand sh**storm in short order.

As for me, I support law enforcement 100%. They don't have a clue what would happen without the police or law enforcement in our society. If you are opposed to the police/law enforcement, you must be pro criminal then.
    That thin blue line is the difference between a relatively civil society, and anarchy/chaos.
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -- George Santayana

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    My first time seeing the video.
    I say justified shooting.
    I'm also amazed how fast his buddies ran and left the wounded assailant laying on the pavement. With friends like those, . . .

Quote Originally Posted by John_ View Post
    It's a challenging topic. To me when you go beyond lawful protests to mass looting, burning buildings and vehicles, and breaking into buildings, you should be shot on sight. Just like what happened when the Rodney King riots in LA 20+ years ago. Asian store owners armed themselves in their stores or atop the building to protect their business, their liveyhood from looting or burning.

Days after Katrina, NOPD and military did the same in NO. Henry Glover was shot by NOPD @ Oakwood mall. He was engaged in looting @ the time. It wasn't widely publicized but seasoned troops came to NO from combat service and "upheld the law" for a time. The savages were shooting at helos in the airspace, sometimes rescue helos.
    They brought to trial the officers involved in the Glover case.

The flip side of this is whats occurring for now a couple months. While some have been lawfully protesting, many have seized the opportunity to burn, loot, steal, and destroy. Or physically assault folks. With little consequences really. They arrest the main perps but many are released days later. Sometimes no charges are brought. So with little recourse, it continues to happen. There is no easy answer or solution really. If the cops open up on em, or even shoot one brother looting or burning buildings, the media will have a field day and a lot of people in the US would absolutely go crazy.

On the liberal side, it appears there is a lot of sympathy and support for the protestors, looters, and criminals than law enforcement. "Defund the police" is the current cry. I say give em what they want, disband the police in Minneapolis as see what happens in 60 days. It will be a grand sh**storm in short order.

As for me, I support law enforcement 100%. They don't have a clue what would happen without the police or law enforcement in our society. If you are opposed to the police/law enforcement, you must be pro criminal then.
    That thin blue line is the difference between a relatively civil society, and anarchy/chaos.
    Glover was shot in Algiers, not Gretna. He had looted the Tuesday Morning Store in the Cypress Plaza Shopping Center, then stolen a truck from the Firestone Auto Care Shop. He was driving the truck towards officers on the street level, when he was shot with a FAL from the balcony above.
    There was a police substation on the second level of Cypress Plaza.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin

Marksman

User Info Menu

Can anyone recommend a non-dorky brass catcher?

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBMJR1 View Post
    My first time seeing the video.
    I say justified shooting.
    I'm also amazed how fast his buddies ran and left the wounded assailant laying on the pavement. With friends like those, . . .

Glover was shot in Algiers, not Gretna. He had looted the Tuesday Morning Store in the Cypress Plaza Shopping Center, then stolen a truck from the Firestone Auto Care Shop. He was driving the truck towards officers on the street level, when he was shot with a FAL from the balcony above.
    There was a police substation on the second level of Cypress Plaza.
    10-4. I relied upon my memory which 15 years later wasn't spot on. Didn't they set Oakwood on fire, and loot it? Seems like I remember that. They had a lot of savages doing really bad things in NO right after Katrina. I also remember the police chief breaking down on tv.

Glover got what he deserved imo. Read this trash quote from wiki: "On September 2, 2005, Glover had gone to a strip mall to retrieve some baby clothing. NOPD Police Officer David Warren fatally shot Glover from a second-story balcony, from where Warren had been guarding a detective bureau office."

"gone to a strip mall to retrieve some baby clothing"........ give me a break!
    Last edited by John_; August 26th, 2020 at 12:53 PM.
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -- George Santayana

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lets_Ride View Post
    Can anyone recommend a non-dorky brass catcher?
    Mine is a Caldwell, has a velcro attachment around the handguard. Black bag with a zipper, works great on my ARs.

This is it @ midwayusa: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1015038953?pid=269873

BTW, what is a dorky brass catcher?

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GunRelated View Post
    Not to get off topic but how would they know who to fine?
    I guess it would really depend on the specific details of the situation.

Marksman

User Info Menu

It seems if you stand and resist the mob you are the problem and will be hunted down and prosecuted. Our right to selfie defense during all this chaos seems to be non existent. Maybe I’m wrong? I guess you should allow yourself to be knocked to the ground, kicked, and beaten unconscious then have your firearm taken and shot with it or have it used in a crime by the mob? Some will say avoid the situation and I understand that. But what when it shows up at your door or in your face and you are forced to defend yourself and your family? The media and law enforcement will eat you alive and make the mob the victims. Crazy times
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Tim

Marksman

User Info Menu

If I'm on the jury, he's free to go. People need to learn the hard way to stop fcuking with other people. It makes no sense to not be able to protect your property with deadly Force if necessary.

These a$$holes were raised by Xbox and Nintendo as parents and when the grow up and enter the real world they act as if it's a video game.

What a bunch of garbage humans

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Shootings/death in Kenosha, WI last night

It occurred to me the other day that we haven’t heard much about this kind of thing happening in Louisiana. Given the 3rd world nature and government in NO for so long I expected we would by now.

Then it dawned on me that if creatures like like that showed up causing trouble here, it wouldn’t be on the news, no Facebook or twitter nonsense, or anything like that. They would just disappear. Too much swampland, too many alligators, and too many Cajuns more than happy to feed both with problem people. Been happening for hundreds of years.

Reminds me of “I have a very specific set of skills...”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John_ View Post
    Mine is a Caldwell, has a velcro attachment around the handguard. Black bag with a zipper, works great on my ARs.

This is it @ midwayusa: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1015038953?pid=269873

BTW, what is a dorky brass catcher?
    Sorry. I was just making a joke based on an earlier comment about picking up your brass after a shooting. All brass catchers would be considered pretty "dorky" on a "battle rifle" I guess.