Shield .380 EZ holster issues

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    So I have 2 Shield .380 EZ firearms and was looking for some Kydex inside the waistband holsters. Order a pair from company 1 and received the order. Fitment was sloppy and when holstering the gun the Kydex would hit the Mag release and dump the Mag on the floor. Sent them back and received a full refund. Ordered the same from company number 2. Holsters come in and fitment is much better on these, however the same issue the kydex covers too close to the mag release and dumps the mag on the floor if you holster it with any force at all. Anyone else run into this issue? Are these companies just trying to get these things out to quick ?

Who makes a really good inside the waistband holster ?

Thanks

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    You should have gone with SCK Silk Custom Kydex on Facebook.
    Jasari on this forum.

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    4e97d7002d0da6241fd2aae6d5fcba45.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    3c9281cd7ef7ee396e8a26254bd9fd67.jpg

We cover the mag release on our holsters(blocked correctly), but also offer them with mag release uncovered

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I would contact Jasarii, SCK Holsters.

Unfortunately, there are not very many makers that have holsters for the EZ. Not because it’s a bad pistol, it’s simply an unpopular choice by comparison to the typical Glock, Sig, M&P crowd.

As far as holsters covering the magazine release, that comes from ignorant people believing that covering the magazine release will prevent it from being pressed, when in reality the holster can flex and press the magazine release inwards. In your case, the holsters were poorly made to begin with. Thanks to the availability of kydex, dummy guns, and some foam, everyone under the sun now makes holsters. With the good, you see much more bad.

Will (Jasarii) does good work and will set you right. As you can see above, he covers the release, but it’s done in a manner that prevents it from being pressed due to holster flex.

This is what I don’t want to see.

clinger-9-e1515806156584-750x500.jpg

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    3c9281cd7ef7ee396e8a26254bd9fd67.jpg

We cover the mag release on our holsters(blocked correctly), but also offer them with mag release uncovered

I’m not a fan, although you did do it right. When people trim them short and create a paddle to push them in, it becomes an issue. I personally don’t like them covered, because it requires drawing the pistol to perform an administrative reload.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom