Any recommendations for a light for Glock 19?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I've got the Pl-pro and it is OK. The best thing about it is the rechargeable battery(depending on how you look at it). The battery does not last very long, maybe 30 minutes tops and even less on high output. I doubt it's actually 1500 lumens either.
    My opinion, look at the TLR7, especially if you plan to carry this pistol on you daily. It is not as bright as some of the larger options but it is more than bright enough and it fits flush with the end of the G19.
    The only reason I bought the o-light is because I got it really cheap on black Friday. I won't buy another, main reason being CHINA.
    If you decide to go with the TLR7, I definitely recommend the "flex" model with rear switches.
    https://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-...dchild=1&keywords=Tlr7a&qid=1598714450&sr=8-3
    IMG_20200808_163612492.jpg

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Need to get a good affordable light for my Glock 19m. Which ones have you guys used and think are good? Thanks!

Affordable is a subjective term. I think the 1000 lumen TLR-1 HL is affordable at around $140. And it's about the same price as the 400 lumen TLR7 linked in a previous post. What do you plan to use this pistol for? Concealed carry? Home defense? Range toy?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Surefire X300U-A/B (1000 Lumen)
    Streamlight TLR-1 HL (1000 Lumen)

I wouldn’t bother with anything else. I’ve tested just about every light on the market, with the exception of the current Olight PL-PRO, but given the specs it’s similar to the other offerings and not something I would be interested in. It should be noted that manufacturers from different countries will test their lights in different ways. Not all manufacturers have the same testing methods, so the numbers are more like and educated guess. It's best to test all of the lights at the same time in person.

I made this chart to help people when it comes to threads like this. Olight has some of the worst run times and some use proprietary batteries with magnetic charging. Don't know about you guys, but if my gun isn't on me, it's in a safe. I don't leave my gun out to charge it up like it's a mobile phone.

50281947038_a62d78d753_b.jpg

Last edited:

Hardtack

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 1, 2020
    New Orleans
    Affordable is a subjective term. I think the 1000 lumen TLR-1 HL is affordable at around $140. And it's about the same price as the 400 lumen TLR7 linked in a previous post. What do you plan to use this pistol for? Concealed carry? Home defense? Range toy?
    Great point, should’ve been more specific. To me, up to $150 is affordable. Strictly home defense, gun stays locked up.

Great suggestions, appreciate the benefit of your experience very much!

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Great point, should’ve been more specific. To me, up to $150 is affordable. Strictly home defense, gun stays locked up.

Great suggestions, appreciate the benefit of your experience very much!
    I would second the recommendation for the tlr1 in one of its forms for something that will not be concealed.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    You have peaked my curiosity. I am listening.

I’ve been carrying a Glock 34 with a TLR-1 HL and X300U for the past 3 years. Prior to that I was carrying a Glock 17 only. Longer holsters allow for the pistol to ride higher, ensuring you get a full firing grip.

I've recreated this photo a few times with various pistols, but this is more or less one extreme to another. In the photo (from top to bottom) is:

Dark Star Gear Koala - 17 Round Glock Magazine
    Dark Star Gear Koala - 24 Round Glock Magazine
    Home made extended holster - Glock 42
    PHLster PRO - Glock 17
    Henry Holsters Spark - Glock 34 w/ X300U

In order to obtain a full firing grip, you need to raise the holstered firearm higher on the belt, but with shorter firearms, you now have less below the belt. The holster will now want to topple over the belt line, because it is being pushed on by your abdomen. You can either attach a larger wedge to counteract that force or use a longer holster to create equal lengths above and below the belt. The same can be applied for magazine carriers and other equipment carried IWB.

50267710098_7996deccef_o_d.png

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    i can agree to this... i started out carrying glock 26/27 and realized that i can carry a glock 19 tlr-hl or 17 with or without a light better than i can a 26/27 glock... i still have a glock 43 but only for appendix carry durring the summer or tighter fitting cloths

I’ve been carrying a Glock 34 with a TLR-1 HL and X300U for the past 3 years. Prior to that I was carrying a Glock 17 only. Longer holsters allow for the pistol to ride higher, ensuring you get a full firing grip.

I've recreated this photo a few times with various pistols, but this is more or less one extreme to another. In the photo (from top to bottom) is:

PHLster PRO - Glock 17

In order to obtain a full firing grip, you need to raise the holstered firearm higher on the belt, but with shorter firearms, you now have less below the belt. The holster will now want to topple over the belt line, because it is being pushed on by your abdomen. You can either attach a larger wedge to counteract that force or use a longer holster to create equal lengths above and below the belt. The same can be applied for magazine carriers and other equipment carried IWB.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La

PHLster PRO - Glock 17

Fair enough, that makes sense to me. What position do you carry in?

You must be a thin fella like myself. I feel like I could probably conceal a 34 because most of my clothes are fairly baggy but I figure the average man may not be able to conceal a large pistol so well without winter style clothing.

Also, to be fair, my statement was concerning comfort, not ease of draw. I would imagine the general consensus is smaller = more comfortable. I would have to believe that bending over with a g34 in your front waistband wouldn't work so well but I could be wrong.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Fair enough, that makes sense to me. What position do you carry in?

You must be a thin fella like myself. I feel like I could probably conceal a 34 because most of my clothes are fairly baggy but I figure the average man may not be able to conceal a large pistol so well without winter style clothing.

Also, to be fair, my statement was concerning comfort, not ease of draw. I would imagine the general consensus is smaller = more comfortable. I would have to believe that bending over with a g34 in your front waistband wouldn't work so well but I could be wrong.

I carry around the 1:30-2 o’clock position. I’m not thin, I could probably lose some weight. Bending over, sitting driving, and walking about is a non-issue. As you can see from the photo, my 34 doesn’t sit much lower than a 17. Comfort is subjective and people will use their emotions and opinions to dictate if something really is comfortable or not. A lot of people say *Well you can’t do that, because it’s not comfortable and too big.* Then they try it and won’t change their mind simply because they don’t want to be wrong. I’m not forcing anyone to carry a five inch gun with a WML, but it is an option and isn’t impossible. Everyone has different body types and preferences.

I’ve carried my 34 with just a t-shirt and shorts. There are days when I carry my 17 without a WML and days when I just carry a G42. Depends on where I will be and what I’m wearing.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom