Professional grip work / stippling pics and recommendations

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I had posted a thread similar to this a little while back looking for a local shop to do the work but have concluded that I may have to deal with mailing the frame to get what I am looking for.
    If you have a pistol with professional grip work and/or stippling and don't mind sharing, let's see it and hear about what you like and/or dislike about it.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I have had some amateur work done, but nothing professional. Results were great and I am sure the various local guys will chime in with suggestions/info.

To piggy back on your thread (hope that is ok) can anyone here offer suggestions for method/technique to stiple an aluminum colt defender front strap?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    https://valhallacustomgrips.com/

Matt, with Valhalla Customs, is in the Lafayette area.

IMG-4871.JPG

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I have had some amateur work done, but nothing professional. Results were great and I am sure the various local guys will chime in with suggestions/info.

To piggy back on your thread (hope that is ok) can anyone here offer suggestions for method/technique to stiple an aluminum colt defender front strap?

You will need a frame support and a vise. Steel frame stippling is done very carefully with different size punches.

p_713100000_1.jpg

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    https://valhallacustomgrips.com/

Matt, with Valhalla Customs, is in the Lafayette area.

IMG-4871.JPG
    I haven't ruled them out completely but I'd rather not make the drive to Laffy twice for this and if I'm gonna mail it, I may as well get some feedback on work from other shops for comparison.

I called Pelican a couple weeks back and they said they were not offering grip work services for the time being.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La

All good sir.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I haven't ruled them out completely but I'd rather not make the drive to Laffy twice for this and if I'm gonna mail it, I may as well get some feedback on work from other shops for comparison.

I called Pelican a couple weeks back and they said they were not offering grip work services for the time being.

There are not many options for legitimate work done in Louisiana. The more popular options are all out of state. Pelican offers laser stippling. Valhalla is done by hand.

If you want what is regarded as the "best," then you can send your frame to Boresight Solutions.

I personally just stipple my own frames. I know what texture I like and it's not horribly ugly.

46599313132_d8b7bcd2bc_c.jpg

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    New Orleans, LA
    Valhalla is hard to beat regardless of location. They offer the best value based on quality of work and price. No need to drive, just mail your frame.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Valhalla is hard to beat regardless of location. They offer the best value based on quality of work and price. No need to drive, just mail your frame.

You will have an FFL fee when you mail the frame. What does the stippling cost?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Those look nice. Best I’ve ever seen in person was this one.
    26df5d22efe5ff14944fd8a12e8a235c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Valhalla is in Louisiana. Why would you need to have it come back to a FFL?

Pricing starts at $175.

I never said it would have to come back to an FFL. I thought you would need an FFL in order to ship a firearm.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Those look nice. Best I’ve ever seen in person was this one.
    26df5d22efe5ff14944fd8a12e8a235c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I agree, it is nice

Of all the different offerings I've looked at so far, 5b has the best price to quality ratio. There are some out there, such as battle cock, that do amazing work but you are looking at paying more for the grip work than the cost of the gun.

5b is also offering a decent discount through the end of September but I'm likely going to have to hold off for a bit and won't be able to take advantage of it.

Last edited:

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    You don’t need an FFL to ship a firearm for repair. Then it can be shipped directly back to you after the repair work is complete.

Bryan

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom