Join BayouShooter For Free
Meplat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Professional grip work / stippling pics and recommendations

I had posted a thread similar to this a little while back looking for a local shop to do the work but have concluded that I may have to deal with mailing the frame to get what I am looking for.
    If you have a pistol with professional grip work and/or stippling and don't mind sharing, let's see it and hear about what you like and/or dislike about it.

Not Banned!!!

User Info Menu

I have had some amateur work done, but nothing professional. Results were great and I am sure the various local guys will chime in with suggestions/info.

To piggy back on your thread (hope that is ok) can anyone here offer suggestions for method/technique to stiple an aluminum colt defender front strap?
    "These Rocky Mountains aren't very rocky. Yeah, that John Denver is full of SH**!"

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

https://valhallacustomgrips.com/

Matt, with Valhalla Customs, is in the Lafayette area.

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdindadell View Post
    I have had some amateur work done, but nothing professional. Results were great and I am sure the various local guys will chime in with suggestions/info.

To piggy back on your thread (hope that is ok) can anyone here offer suggestions for method/technique to stiple an aluminum colt defender front strap?
    You will need a frame support and a vise. Steel frame stippling is done very carefully with different size punches.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    https://valhallacustomgrips.com/

Matt, with Valhalla Customs, is in the Lafayette area.

I haven't ruled them out completely but I'd rather not make the drive to Laffy twice for this and if I'm gonna mail it, I may as well get some feedback on work from other shops for comparison.

I called Pelican a couple weeks back and they said they were not offering grip work services for the time being.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdindadell View Post

All good sir.

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GunRelated View Post
    I haven't ruled them out completely but I'd rather not make the drive to Laffy twice for this and if I'm gonna mail it, I may as well get some feedback on work from other shops for comparison.

I called Pelican a couple weeks back and they said they were not offering grip work services for the time being.
    There are not many options for legitimate work done in Louisiana. The more popular options are all out of state. Pelican offers laser stippling. Valhalla is done by hand.

If you want what is regarded as the "best," then you can send your frame to Boresight Solutions.

I personally just stipple my own frames. I know what texture I like and it's not horribly ugly.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Valhalla is hard to beat regardless of location. They offer the best value based on quality of work and price. No need to drive, just mail your frame.

Stay Alert.... Stay Alive

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A99CDE5E-ED96-4FBB-B23B-EDFB9FB7C059.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	239.7 KB 
ID:	98719Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B18DF4AF-3352-49A2-8CA0-DCFCCEF5EBBD.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	234.8 KB 
ID:	98718The Guys at Pelican State Armory in Abita Springs did the work on my Glock 34 and also two more for my daughters.
    SASS LIFE
    LEAA
    BOLD#252
    NRA LIFE
    RO I & II

BAYOU BOUNTY HUNTERS

TANGI PRACTICAL SHOOTERS

South Mississippi Practical Shooting Association

The way to do is to be

Practice is the Best Instructor

"It is better to practice a little than talk a lot."

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 229357 View Post
    Valhalla is hard to beat regardless of location. They offer the best value based on quality of work and price. No need to drive, just mail your frame.
    You will have an FFL fee when you mail the frame. What does the stippling cost?