Crazy Ammunition Prices and Predictions.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Federal 9mm 115 gr FMJ (1000/Case)
    HomeFederal Premium Ammo - Authorized DistributorFederal 9mm 115 gr FMJ (1000/Case)

$525.00

American Eagle Handgun 9mm Luger
    Part # AE9DP
    Bullet Weight: 115
    Case: 1000 rounds
    In stock (can be backordered)

TERMS AND CONDITIONS *
    TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
    THIS IS A PRE-ORDER FOR AMMO. THIS AMMO IS SCHEDULED TO SHIP TO OUR FACILITY BY MID TO LATE SEPT 2020, HOWEVER, THAT DATE COULD BE MID OCT 2020.
    IF BY OCT 23RD 2020 YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED SHIPPING NOTIFICATION OF YOUR AMMO ORDER BEING SHIPPED TO YOU, WE WILL OFFER YOU A FULL REFUND OR YOU MAY CONTINUE TO WAIT.
    WE WILL NOT OFFER A REFUND PRIOR TO OCT 23RD 2020.

I AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS

1x Federal 9mm 115 gr FMJ (1000/Case)
    $525.00
    Subtotal $525.00

Federal 9mm 115 gr FMJ (1000/Case) quantity
    ADD TO CART
    Category: Federal Premium Ammo - Authorized Distributor

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Looking at Ammoseek, federal and Winchester brass 9mm is starting at 60+ cents per round. That’s ammo you can actually buy at the moment, not a back order you might or might not get in mid November/early December. Add to that the cost of shipping! 5.56 is about the same. Of course it’s about supply and demand. We had a good run, but now is simply not the time to buy much of anything gun related, especially ammo, unless of course you can afford to pay inflated prices.
    Here’s a good game plan:
    1. Save some money
    2. Make it through the election
    3. Wait for prices and availability to correct themselves (typically 1-2 years)
    4. Buy with a vengeance (and a plan)

If I hadn’t stocked up during the last lull, I’d either limit my shooting or simply not shoot. Life’s lessons: the ones that sting, we remember. The ones we skate on, we are destined to repeat.

Edit:
    Plan B:
    Start a WTB thread stating the calibers of ammo you want to buy.
    In your thread, stipulate the maximum you will pay per round.
    While I see this as a 2 way street, (buying and selling, stipulating a maximum price you will pay is the same as setting a selling price that is in line with the inflated market price of the moment in my opinion) others may not feel that way, and believe since they are the buyer, they shouldn’t have to pay the inflated prices. Well, you don’t. You simply don’t. But others will. Because they want what’s for sale. And they want to get it before the inflated price doubles. And it just might. Prices are definitely not coming down and the guy who planned ahead and loaded up just realized what his cache is worth. I don’t think he will be so willing to sell off any that he may wish he had later on when/if the prices are over a buck per round. Anyone remember the price of a single 855 round at the peak during Obama days? I do.

Last edited:

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Reloaders tend to stock up, due to the cost advantage of buying in bulk. If you don't reload, times like this may make you think twice about not getting on board. Just sayin'.

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Supply and demand rule the day, pretty much with anything or traded commodities. They have many crazy ads/prices on LA Sportsman for the last couple months. One guy is selling Tula steel case 556 for $9 a box right now. He started out @ 18 a box. And he isn't alone by any means. Seen ads posted for $40 a box, 9mm fmj, 50 rounds. Some people trying to turn their ammo cache into gold right now.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Supply and demand rule the day, pretty much with anything or traded commodities. They have many crazy ads/prices on LA Sportsman for the last couple months. One guy is selling Tula steel case 556 for $9 a box right now. He started out @ 18 a box. And he isn't alone by any means. Seen ads posted for $40 a box, 9mm fmj, 50 rounds. Some people trying to turn their ammo cache into gold right now.
    Yup
    Dang.
    It’ll be better soon, by this time next year we’ll prolly be back on track.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Some ammunition is going down due to lower demand for it, but others have skyrocketed, like 9mm.

Yesterday, I came across some 124 gr Blazer for $734 per case. That's the highest I have seen it so far.

I'm still buying HST cheaper than I was last year though.

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    It's times like this that make me glad I decided years ago to cast and load all my handgun ammo. I also cast for half of my centerfire rifles. I just have to be sure to lay in enough powder and primers.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I sure hope so. Couple years ago i was purchasing Fiocchi 9mm for .32 a round delivered to my door by the case.
    Oh man, I wish you woulda gave me a shout. I know I posted up more than one deal for about half that price. Last cases of 9mm I bought were less than $200 per thousand to my door.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Oh man, I wish you woulda gave me a shout. I know I posted up more than one deal for about half that price. Last cases of 9mm I bought were less than $200 per thousand to my door.

yeah, I just went back and checked my emails. They were actually 18 cents per round delivered. 8-12-18 My bad memory.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    yeah, I just went back and checked my emails. They were actually 18 cents per round delivered. 8-12-18 My bad memory.

Best price I found a couple weeks back was for CCI Blazer 1000 round case was 329 at midway. I passed the info on and was surprised at how many people ordered it. My neighbor, a buddy and a in-law all gladly bought it and thanked me later...which made me feel even worse, but I’m just not willing to get off any. I won’t even sell a shotshell at this point. I do miss the little front yard chats with my UPS guy tho....

the dubshow

master plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    I have little faith with the surge of panic buying and selling. $1/rnd ak and 14 cents for 22lr? Man... :rofl:

Im just salty I chose to not hoard small pistol primers.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Smokey Mountain Gun Works Labor Day Sale.
    500 rounds 115gr. AE $350 plus shipping.
    500 round limit.
    NUTS!

Top Bottom