Portland shooter dead

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aboatguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2013
    You have to admit at least the headline was unbiased: " ...Suspect in fatal shooting of right-wing activist in Portland killed by police in Wash..."

[video]https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ThirdDelightfulBug-mobile.mp4[/video]

cyclone1970

Oldie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Covington LA
    Happy Ending for sure. No future drain on taxpayers.

In my opinion, someone who is happy (maybe grateful is a better word) that the good guy came out of a conflict alive does not have to be heartless, just realistic.

It has been my experience that down deep, the good guy probably regretted having to kill another human being, but was thankful that it was the bad guy who did not go home instead of him.

I am not heartless nor am I ashamed, to say that I am always happy when a good guy wins.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    Not happy at all. 2 people are dead, and the cops will likely have some amount of personal issues to deal with. This was tragic all ways round.

And to anyone who happens to be reading this and is new to this forum and guns in general: Not all of us are heartless... We are husbands and fathers and overall good people who worry about the future and all of our rights.

Tragic for sure, however the whole story doesn't have to be great to have a happy ending. If the allegations are correct, the decedent lay in wait to execute someone because he didn't agree with his politics. After being tracked down by the fugitive task force, he chose to draw a handgun on law enforcement, and paid the price for his actions. His victim was a husband, father, son, or brother to someone so you'll have to forgive me if I lack sympathy for a killer.

If being glad he'll never murder again, or be a lifelong drain on the taxpayers, makes me heartless...I'm guilty as charged.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Tragic for sure, however the whole story doesn't have to be great to have a happy ending. If the allegations are correct, the decedent lay in wait to execute someone because he didn't agree with his politics. After being tracked down by the fugitive task force, he chose to draw a handgun on law enforcement, and paid the price for his actions. His victim was a husband, father, son, or brother to someone so you'll have to forgive me if I lack sympathy for a killer.

If being glad he'll never murder again, or be a lifelong drain on the taxpayers, makes me heartless...I'm guilty as charged.

Well said, The guy was stalked by several Antifa's,Hopefully they chase down more of these flakes.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell

A type of justice was served, but not the one we all agreed on...

And being happy someone is dead so that they won't cost you money... well I will leave that there.

It is hard to erase feelings from any situation. The "eye for an eye" runs rampant on the individual level due to the fact that it works on a person to person basis. But it is not a scalable solution, thus we have the judicial system and its various checks/balances.

I could make a compelling argument about why we need to remove the death penalty (and reform prisons) but I feel it will fall on deaf ears, as it always does.

I know we have all been told to "take the high road" at some point, and not let out feelings drive us to lowering our standards to achieve a distasteful goal. All I can say is that idea needs to be applied to everything.

How is minimizing loss of life due to political differences "taking the high road"??

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    A type of justice was served, but not the one we all agreed on...

And being happy someone is dead so that they won't cost you money... well I will leave that there.

It is hard to erase feelings from any situation. The "eye for an eye" runs rampant on the individual level due to the fact that it works on a person to person basis. But it is not a scalable solution, thus we have the judicial system and its various checks/balances.

I could make a compelling argument about why we need to remove the death penalty (and reform prisons) but I feel it will fall on deaf ears, as it always does.

I know we have all been told to "take the high road" at some point, and not let out feelings drive us to lowering our standards to achieve a distasteful goal. All I can say is that idea needs to be applied to everything.

How is minimizing loss of life due to political differences "taking the high road"??

Amen brother https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn7eHkCRYg8

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Saved the taxpayers a lot of expense.

I stick with my original comment. The perp pulled a gun on US marshals and he got what he deserved. Jailing, feeding, public defender and court costs, medical care, ect costs the government (taxpayers) big bucks. Imprisonment alone can run $20-30k annually for a prisoner, taxpayers pick up the bill ultimately.

As for capital punishment, it takes entirely too long to carry it out. Averages 15 to 25 years of appeals and incarceration costs. Way way too long. 5 years of appeals then carry out the sentence as ordered asap.

An example there is very recent video/news of a guy who punched a 60 year old woman walking down the sidewalk in NYC for no reason, just decked that woman. Didn't know her either and did not rob her. He had been arrested and charged 18 times previously but still out on the street. Too many criminals and a broken justice system, costing our society billions of dollars.

Today many have more compassion for the criminals than the victims. Very common, bleeding heart liberals. Soft on crime, support rioters and criminals over police and LE.

https://www.wbtv.com/2020/09/08/watch-firefighters-take-down-suspect-accused-punching-woman-face/

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You have to admit at least the headline was unbiased: " ...Suspect in fatal shooting of right-wing activist in Portland killed by police in Wash..."

THIS, is what is destroying the country! The morally depraved media scum that constantly fan the flames of hatred and division, as they gleefully push the agenda of the conniving democrats.

For decades these soul-less shills denied their complicity and bias as they did the bidding for their democrat puppet masters. Now, they don't even pretend. They are America's versions of Pravda.

I still wonder how these so-called "journalists" can go home each and every day and look their children in the eyes! I would love to ask some of them.

Top Bottom