Single Shot Trust?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • critta

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metairie
    So I got my kids a .22 Savage Youth Rascal Target XP which comes with a bipod, scope and threaded barrel. They finally got to shoot it for the first time this weekend at my friend’s house. He has a bunch of suppressors so we put a couple on and they really liked shooting with them. So now I’m looking to get a either a Q Erector or a Q El Camino.

I’ve got a couple of questions though. I know all the procedures to go about getting one and was just going to go to a lawyer, do a regular trust, buy one and wait for approval. I was looking around online and saw that SilencerShop offers a Single Shot NFA trust for $25. The way I understand it normally with a regular trust like my friend has you set up the trust and purchase the suppressor which would go into it. You can add trustees and beneficiaries. However, each time you buy another toy all trustees have to submit prints and all again each time something new is added.
    With the single shot trust they offer the trust is tied to that one specific suppressor or sbr or whatever you’re buying. You can still add trustees and beneficiaries but they are good only for that one item the trust covers. And it says no notarization needed. If I want to buy another suppressor I can get another single shot trust for that as well for $25 without having to have everyone submit prints and all again unless they would be a trustee on the new trust tied to that new purchase. It seems that if I’m only going to be buying one or 2 suppressors the single shot would be the way to go.
    I’m not trying to be cheap and I don’t mind paying the $300 or whatever it was he paid for his but it just seems simpler to go the single shot trust route.
    Anyone ever use the Single Shot Trust? I know Louisiana is a state with strange laws so am I missing something that would screw me up by not going the usual lawyer/trust route? I figure if they’re selling it and people are being approved using it then it must be OK. Is there an advantage of one over the other that I’m not seeing? Just trying to get my ducks in a row before diving in.

Some info on it from firearms blog.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/03/03/single-shot-trust-silencer/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Kenneth Bossetta Is the man to ask about that. He is an attorney and has a Class 3 FFL. His shop(Meplat Group) is located in Metairie. There is a link to his website via the sponsor link on bayou shooter.

Jgarris11

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Go see Kenny at Meplat. Do the regular trust and your kids will be set for life. That way they will never have to do their own later on.

frankinola

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    as noted, give a call to Kenny and setup an appointment to do a trust and see which options you have. also be advised that once you get one you will want to get for other cal

tikanni

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Metairie, LA
    Joey Cataldie aka JCcypress is the man when it comes to trusts. He did mine ages ago and updated it not to long ago at no charge. He’s an attorney and a shooter.

Message him on here or message me and I’ll give you his number.

pangris1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    BR metro area
    +1 on Joey Cataldie in the BR metro area - I've dealt with him a number of times and always a good experience. Not just an attorney, he actually shoots and hunts.

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    I would not recommend an aluminum can. They are nice and light but you have to be careful cleaning. I have a spectre 2 and occlus 22. I use the dip. It's the easiest.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    1+ for Joey!!! That’s who I used
    1- for aluminum can...

I have a silencerco sparrow, easy to do *the dip clean* buy once and cry once, lifetime investment.... not a cheap get you by kinda thing...

pangris1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    BR metro area
    Steel for the win, skip aluminum if you're a shooter. I'm annoyed with the effort to clean a stainless steel can, I'd have given aluminum to a deserving orphan by now.

Seadonist

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    River Ridge,LA
    I ran mine through the Single Shot Trust because I don’t ever plan on owning more than two suppressors. My buddy ran his through the Individual option through Silencer Shop and received his stamp in 45 days just recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

longshot308

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    Prairieville, LA
    I have to give a +1 to Joey C

However, with the law changing (5 years ago?), I never got a chance to put one on the trust he wrote for me. The single shot trust made sense for me and just did one at the Kiosk at Abita Outfitters. I have my brother and dad on my regular one but I would have to collect fingerprints and go through all of that. The kiosk simplified the entire thing and cost $25. Once I get the suppressor I can just add them on for free at any time. In a few days, I got the paperwork to e-sign and took about a minute to complete. Unless you plan to buy a lot of suppressors, go single shot.

Can't go wrong either way

Last edited:

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have to give a +1 to Joey C

However, with the law changing (5 years ago?), I never got a chance to put one on the trust he wrote for me. The single shot trust made sense for me and just did one at the Kiosk at Abita Outfitters. I have my brother and dad on my regular one but I would have to collect fingerprints and go through all of that. The kiosk simplified the entire thing and cost $25. Once I get the suppressor I can just add them on for free at any time. In a few days, I got the paperwork to e-sign and took about a minute to complete. Unless you plan to buy a lot of suppressors, go single shot.

Can't go wrong either way

Longshot - Shucks, man, I wish you would have contacted me. I provide ongoing support for the trust to all of my clients, including amending the trust to add or remove trustees anytime at no charge. This was something of a non-issue when you established your trust prior to the 41F changes, but now I even provide all clients with the amendment forms to do it themselves if they'd like.

If you ever have any other questions or concerns about the trust, PLEASE call, text, or e-mail - day, night, weekend, whatever. My cell number is 225-252-3375.

Just a heads up - While that Single Shot trust seems to pass through the ATF NFA branch ok, it has a lot of procedural and substantive issues that would likely cause it to fail under the lightest scrutiny in a Louisiana courtroom. We are not a "one-size-fits-all" state.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom