Join BayouShooter For Free

CS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marksman

User Info Menu

I have to give a +1 to Joey C

However, with the law changing (5 years ago?), I never got a chance to put one on the trust he wrote for me. The single shot trust made sense for me and just did one at the Kiosk at Abita Outfitters. I have my brother and dad on my regular one but I would have to collect fingerprints and go through all of that. The kiosk simplified the entire thing and cost $25. Once I get the suppressor I can just add them on for free at any time. In a few days, I got the paperwork to e-sign and took about a minute to complete. Unless you plan to buy a lot of suppressors, go single shot.

Can't go wrong either way
    Last edited by longshot308; March 17th, 2021 at 08:18 PM.
    Guns have only two enemies: rust & politicians

oldbie

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Call Dan Zelenka... he's a member here...
    "Be water, my friend..."

Gun Trust Lawyer

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by longshot308 View Post
    I have to give a +1 to Joey C

However, with the law changing (5 years ago?), I never got a chance to put one on the trust he wrote for me. The single shot trust made sense for me and just did one at the Kiosk at Abita Outfitters. I have my brother and dad on my regular one but I would have to collect fingerprints and go through all of that. The kiosk simplified the entire thing and cost $25. Once I get the suppressor I can just add them on for free at any time. In a few days, I got the paperwork to e-sign and took about a minute to complete. Unless you plan to buy a lot of suppressors, go single shot.

Can't go wrong either way
    Longshot - Shucks, man, I wish you would have contacted me. I provide ongoing support for the trust to all of my clients, including amending the trust to add or remove trustees anytime at no charge. This was something of a non-issue when you established your trust prior to the 41F changes, but now I even provide all clients with the amendment forms to do it themselves if they'd like.

If you ever have any other questions or concerns about the trust, PLEASE call, text, or e-mail - day, night, weekend, whatever. My cell number is 225-252-3375.

Just a heads up - While that Single Shot trust seems to pass through the ATF NFA branch ok, it has a lot of procedural and substantive issues that would likely cause it to fail under the lightest scrutiny in a Louisiana courtroom. We are not a "one-size-fits-all" state.