Only when you are Jerry Miculek.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Normal humans need not try this. 1000 yard balloon target with a S&W 629 Classic DX revolver. Seen Jerry do the same with a 9mm revolver years ago. Jerry just celebrated his 66 birthday maybe a week ago on FB. The man is legendary.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    Normal humans need not try this. 1000 yard balloon target with a S&W 629 Classic DX revolver. Seen Jerry do the same with a 9mm revolver years ago. Jerry just celebrated his 66 birthday maybe a week ago on FB. The man is legendary.

He shoots a 1" group at 50 yards with a revolver, I have a hard time shooting a 1" group at 50 feet

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

But it took him 4 shots and he used a bag for support.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I find this more impressive, but Jerry is still amazing in his own ways.

amu45x1.jpg

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Head size target at over half a mile (5/8 mile?) in 4 shots with a handgun and zero magnification..
    Seeing as there’s almost nobody here who could make that shot with iron sights on a rifle, I’m gonna go ahead and call that one impressive.
    Spotter or notter, that’s impressive.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    It technically didn’t hit the balloon. The balloon was popped due to spalling. The balloon is just there to confirm a hit on the plate.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    But it took him 4 shots and he used a bag for support.

You think you could do the same @ 1000 yards with any revolver (no scope magnification) any red dot optic and any rest you want in less than 7 rounds? I'll give you 6 rounds to accomplish popping the balloon.

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Head size target at over half a mile (5/8 mile?) in 4 shots with a handgun and zero magnification..
    Seeing as there’s almost nobody here who could make that shot with iron sights on a rifle, I’m gonna go ahead and call that one impressive.
    Spotter or notter, that’s impressive.

I'm with you, Mag. There isn't a shooter here who could pull off the same shot with a pistol, same conditions. Jerry is a freak of nature, a collection of assets and ability to do things most humans cannot. And years and years of practice. I have seen no one who can match Jerry's abilities with a revolver, he is just amazing. And @ age 66?

Spotter or not calling his shots and walking him on target....how do you sight a balloon @ 3300 feet with an optic with zero magnification, make corrections and hit the target using a pistol in four rounds?

Just amazing.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You think you could do the same @ 1000 yards with any revolver (no scope magnification) any red dot optic and any rest you want in less than 7 rounds? I'll give you 6 rounds to accomplish popping the balloon.

It didn’t come across but I meant it sarcastically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    It didn’t come across but I meant it sarcastically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10-4. I thought about it after reading ur comment that it could be like flattering sarcasm. Like I said before, some times hard to denote connotation in written words or a statement.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    She gets it from both sides his father in law , Jim Clark was something of a legend with guns also .

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

So Jim Clark of Clark Custom Guns is Lena's grandfather?

Top Bottom