"budget AR thread" has me thinking

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Is this like the ultimate pissing match? Do you two think for a moment you are going to change the other's mind or opinion?

At what point do you tap out? say enough is enough? just walk away?

:dunno:

50373976752_fd2620ea2e_o.png

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    Is this like the ultimate pissing match? Do you two think for a moment you are going to change the other's mind or opinion?

At what point do you tap out? say enough is enough? just walk away?
    As per John_
    (Now I grant you it isn't rocket science and the lower assembly is a piece of cake) !!!! John_ technically it is you this is about . You helped start this and then don't argue your side .He said someone saying it was a cake walk that started this and you are the one who said it was a piece of cake , I never made that claim . Also if you will go back to the beginning others discussed building their own with instructions from others and he had no problems with them . I suggest a GOOD Quality mechanic will have most of the tools ( drill press , assorted hammers , steel and brass punch sets , vise ect ) and he goes all critic. Why didn't he disagree with you and other? You say it is easier than I do . It is only a piece of cake if you are mechanically inclined and pay attention to detail . The CRITIC not shown 1 piece of evidence I have misinformed anyone and has grasped at every straw he could to look like an expert. When I ask for an explanation of why he thinks 35 lb is wrong or for evidence barrel makers say no blue loctie he changes the subject . YOU YOURSELF claim it is not complicated , do you realize he is either arguing just to be arguing and since you claimed it is easier than I did he is saying you are a bigger fool that I ?If you think he is such an authority maybe you should recant the piece of cake claim and proclaim only superior builders like him can put together a quality piece of machinery /AR .

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

SgtPuddin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 1, 2020
    Lumberton, MS
    As a new member on this forum I find it a bit intimidating to read about how easy and/or hard it is to build an AR. You would think since this rifle isn't something that came out a few months ago that there would be standards to follow when building said gun. I have no idea who the members on the forum are but I would have to guess it doesn't behoove someone to argue with another member who clearly has some experience in the AR platform.

As far as the actual argument goes, it seems quite childish to me, dare I say around the age of a 5th grader lol. I love a good debate but it doesn't seem like this topic is very debatable. There are certain standards and tolerances that I'm assuming must be met so why is it open to opinion. I don't call a roofer to fix my plumbing cause he uses the same tools so I wouldn't call a mechanic to do gunsmithing. That's just dumb IMO.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    As a new member on this forum I find it a bit intimidating to read about how easy and/or hard it is to build an AR. You would think since this rifle isn't something that came out a few months ago that there would be standards to follow when building said gun. I have no idea who the members on the forum are but I would have to guess it doesn't behoove someone to argue with another member who clearly has some experience in the AR platform.

As far as the actual argument goes, it seems quite childish to me, dare I say around the age of a 5th grader lol. I love a good debate but it doesn't seem like this topic is very debatable. There are certain standards and tolerances that I'm assuming must be met so why is it open to opinion. I don't call a roofer to fix my plumbing cause he uses the same tools so I wouldn't call a mechanic to do gunsmithing. That's just dumb IMO.

Y'all - this guy has been around for a few days and already figured it out.

But back to mixing red/blue screw glue together please. I have popcorn that is almost ready.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

Yup!
    Such is the Shooter.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Well, they’d be spending twice as much...but then, the yield would also be twice as much, so.... yeah. They good.

Then they would have twice the volume of something useless.

Don't worry, I hear it's just as good. Like this castle nut installation :ugh:

50380879101_f3539fd7f4_b.jpg

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    The budget AR thread has me thinking I want one. I have no experience with the AR platform. I would assume 223 is the best way to go. Any recommendations or what to stay away from is appreciated. I was looking at MP 15's to have similar 22lr and 223 rifles. I need to do more reading on sights etc. I have too many handguns and may sell a few or trade for the right AR to fund this project. Any thoughts or recommendations are appreciated.

Remember when this thread started with @jcdogfish wanting some advice on how/what to select a first AR and some optics recommendations?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Remember when this thread started with @jcdogfish wanting some advice on how/what to select a first AR and some optics recommendations?

I do. I tried to give him some advice, and believe he found some of the answers he was looking for. Unfortunately, some of the members here act like children and can’t put together a rational thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom