Ginsburg dead at 87

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I feel for her family and loved ones. A life lost is a life lost no matter your political leanings. With that being said, the court will be better off without her leftist agenda and now we need to replace the seat with a justice that obeys the constitution above a political party. Cancer sucks. I’ve logged MANY hours at MD Anderson with two good friends that are fighting the good fight right now.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    That’s your; not you’re!
    So you don’t support President Trump?
    For the record, I offer no apologies for my service to this county or my support for our President. Any civilian who does not like that can go to Hell.

What do you think you're doing adding unto something I typed,Do you think you're ''special''with powers to add on too someones statement's?

It's my understanding that these Self appointed Spell Check Nazi's are nothing more that ''Control Freaks'' What say ye?

El Pozzinator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Denham springs LA
    She’s being buried in Arlington?

Semi related question. I’ve always heard Lee was married to Washington’s granddaughter and his farm was part of her land, bequeathed from the OG himself, and Arlington is actually on that section of the former Lee estate. Anyone else heard that? I’ve never been able to find anything confirming or disproving it.

God rest RBG’s soul; I’m appreciative for her decades of service to this country, but I’m equally as much glad it’s finally over and hopeful that she’ll be replaced by someone who believes in and supports our Constitution as the founders intended justices to do without the burden of being politically beholden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    She’s being buried in Arlington?

Why sure. An American patriot. https://www.npr.org/sections/death-...repose-at-supreme-court-on-wednesday-thursday

On a similar note, I didn't understand why John Lewis got the golden treatment for funeral. Don't get me wrong, I respect the man for the path he took in civil rights, and a non-violent path at that for many years. But public visitation in Washington, American flag draped over his casket, days of live tv coverage. Presidential type funeral service treatment. He did not serve in our military.

Does every former Congressional rep who passes away get the same treatment? I don't remember this happening for all Congressional reps who pass away. Am I wrong?

What qualifies one for burial in Arlington National Cemetery? I don't believe just any US military veteran can be interred there. Is it just for the big dogs and Presidents? Maybe someone here can enlighten me.

El Pozzinator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Denham springs LA
    Arlington for military requires Purple Heart, bronze star with V device or higher, death in combat, or full retirement with no UCMJ action plus combat service nowadays. Buddy of mine was an alphabet contractor when he died as a result of service in theater and was authorized Arlington and a star on the wall in the foyer, so there are limited exceptions made. All elected govt officials and dignitaries who die in office are authorized drapery. National level officials are authorized Arlington.

What I thought was screwed up was folks like Lewis (notable patriot as he was) or George the career criminal getting multiple unrestricted funerals while joe public has to do with ten or less and no gatherings. That’s not discrimination or anything, is it?

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    What I thought was screwed up was folks like Lewis (notable patriot as he was) or George the career criminal getting multiple unrestricted funerals while joe public has to do with ten or less and no gatherings. That’s not discrimination or anything, is it?

Doesn't sound like the covid restrictions was adhered to or applied consistently by any stretch. Imagine that. Thx for the explanation on Arlington qualifications.

El Pozzinator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Denham springs LA
    Had to go thru a lot of that stuff with my former employment when someone would die and family would request honors. Used to carry a copy of flag code in my binder cuz dang if I could remember it well enough most of the time. Any way we could justify it if they wanted, we’d do it.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    What do you think you're doing adding unto something I typed,Do you think you're ''special''with powers to add on too someones statement's?

It's my understanding that these Self appointed Spell Check Nazi's are nothing more that ''Control Freaks'' What say ye?

-Snip'd-

Last edited by a moderator:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    9ecaf3c94b7578b6762bb1080efd801f.jpg

jkingrph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2007
    She should have resigned or retired several years ago, but was holding out hoping for a better chance of another liberal being appointed to the court. I do not in any way agree with her philosophy and a lot of her decisions/votes, but respect her for her consistency in her views, after all this is still supposed to be a free country. I do feel for her and for what her family went through up to her death. I spent most of my adult life working in hospitals and have seen many people die and a large number of the deaths are not "pretty or pleasant" for either the one dying or their family and loved ones.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    She should have resigned or retired several years ago, but was holding out hoping for a better chance of another liberal being appointed to the court. I do not in any way agree with her philosophy and a lot of her decisions/votes, but respect her for her consistency in her views,

This^

The phony liberals and corrupt democrat politicians were so convinced that Clinton was a shoo-in, this woman hung around past the dumbass' term(s). If not for their grotesque hunger for power and their narcissism, they would have convinced her to retire during the beginning of the dumbass' second term so he could have put another "lockstep" ideologue on the court just like Sotomayer and Kagan.

Like my signature says: Trumps' win had to be "divine" intervention for the United States!

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It's a good time for Russia, China, N Korea, and Iran to make some moves while our eyes are off the ball.

With so many people working for the federal government in an intelligence gathering capacity, I'm sure there's at least one or two sets of eyeballs watching those countries.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    With so many people working for the federal government in an intelligence gathering capacity, I'm sure there's at least one or two sets of eyeballs watching those countries.

As long as they’re also watching our government officials closely for selling us out to said countries, we should be good...

Top Bottom