Ginsburg dead at 87

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hardtack

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 1, 2020
    New Orleans
    That’s serious money. RIP Notorious RBG. The left appears far more energized by this than the right. Timing is everything it seems.

A handful of republican senators will very likely prevent confirmation. Collins ironically may have sealed her fate with her support of Kavanaugh only to now throw away her vote for RBG’s replacement on *principle* in a futile effort to save her seat. Add Romney, Murkowski, and Grassley and this is DOA. Trump is right though that the court may need a tie-breaking vote if we see a repeat of 2000.

Abby Normal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    The most conservative judge on the court, A. Scalia disagree with RGB on a regular basis, but they were close friends. We should follow Scalia's lead.
    But look at the nut jobs with all of the Notorous RGB garb. They ain't rite in da head!

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Is it your opinion that she was of sound mind and wasn’t a hindrance to things getting done in the Supreme Court, if so, is your opinion also based on media coverage?

I cannot render an opinion to that question as I do not personally know RBG nor did I ever work with the woman.

I'll leave the rogue opinions to the dumbazzes who formulate their opinions entirely on a cute little meme they saw on FB, or pics/info they saw on a politically influenced/biased website somewhere.

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    The most conservative judge on the court, A. Scalia disagree with RGB on a regular basis, but they were close friends. We should follow Scalia's lead.

Wise words my friend. Even Trump tempered his words on RBG's death, and he has been known to not hold his tongue. I believe Trump respected RGB even tho their philosophies were 180 degrees apart. I saw the video when they told Trump of her death, he was getting off his plane or helo. He appeared somewhat shocked and reflected on the news.

Its either one of two things, either Trump respected RBG or he held his tongue (comments) in light of the upcoming election (trying not to **** off voters). Some 43 days now.

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I cannot render an opinion to that question as I do not personally know RBG nor did I ever work with the woman.

I'll leave the rogue opinions to the dumbazzes who formulate their opinions entirely on a cute little meme they saw on FB, or pics/info they saw on a politically influenced/biased website somewhere.

What about the people who were aware of her stays at the hospital, saw her fall asleep during the state of the union, saw her speaking at the NAPABA, or noticed various incoherencies in her recent dissents?

It seems like your opinion on others is based on a sandy foundation of assumption and bias, not on a bedrock of knowledge. You dismiss their opinions as being based on memes and biased news sources, which would be more information than your assumptions on the sources of their opinions. You’re basically saying, I know absolutely nothing, so I think you know a little, and therefore I can have an opinion about you, but you can’t have one about her. It’s from this foundation of ignorance that you cast stones in an attempt to claim some odd moral victory.

To me, it is sad any time a person passes, especially one with a large family. For the country, it is a positive thing any time an activist judge is replaced by an originalist, it is just unfortunate that death necessitates this replacement. I’m also disappointed that her dying wish was partisan in nature. It basically served as an attempt to wield a club based on emotion to continue her liberal political push.

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Were you there, did you see this first hand? What is your source that she fell asleep during the state of the union address? By all means please fill me in.

Videos, pictures, and her mouth saying it are my sources.

You really should stop with this nonsense. Just because you don’t know a thing, doesn’t mean everyone else is unaware. All you’re doing is underlining my point that your opinion on others is based on nothing but speculation and ignorance and that you’re using that opinion to then claim the same about others.

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Videos, pictures, and her mouth saying it are my sources.

You really should stop with this nonsense. Just because you don’t know a thing, doesn’t mean everyone else is unaware. All you’re doing is underlining my point that your opinion on others is based on nothing but speculation and ignorance and that you’re using that opinion to then claim the same about others.

And you are correct, reading your statement/appraisal above opened my eyes. I was wrong and I shall shut my trap on the matter.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    And you are correct, reading your statement/appraisal above opened my eyes. I was wrong and I shall shut my trap on the matter.

Fair enough. For what it’s worth, it seems that you have an emotional connection to the issue. Probably someone in your family having cancer. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone and my points here shouldn’t be taken as an attempt to minimize anyone’s struggles. I wish you the best on all counts.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Morning gents Have they buried the old broad or is she laid out stinking up the place?
    I've been in the sticks,Land of no electricity.

Attachments

• spypoint_10336746441222.jpg
      spypoint_10336746441222.jpg
      41.2 KB · Views: 63

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Who’s that fossil on your property? :D

Hope all is as well as it can be over there.

Yeah man,After crawling thru the woods for about an hour to retrieve a camera,Well actually 2 cameras, Put fresh battery's and up she goes aimed at the front gate.....

Frigg'n looters came in and stole most of my DVD's,Stuff they really needed...lol

Plus I had an insurance adjuster come in, Take a few pictures,Kicked the tires on my tractor and then split.

Still no power in the area,Been what 3 weeks now?

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Clearly you mean peaceful protesters. Hopefully you get your money fast and can get started on fixing things ASAP.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Clearly you mean peaceful protesters. Hopefully you get your money fast and can get started on fixing things ASAP.

Hopefully? Tractor is insured + bucket and bush-hog,

Utility trailer has a smashed up Big dog zero turn with 7 whole hours which is covered.

For some reason the Honda 420 is not covered? Insurance people are a pack of ''Idcks''

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    You will
    Morning gents Have they buried the old broad or is she laid out stinking up the place?
    I've been in the sticks,Land of no electricity.

She will be laid to rest in General Robert E Lee’s backyard.
    You are going through a hard time in your life and you are still having a ball with a cancer death in someone else’s family.
    Your celebration of that does not make you a greater conservative or Trump supporter. I donated to Trump’s last campaign and donating every month for this one as well. Perhaps you should put your money for your mouth is?

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    You will

She will be laid to rest in General Robert E Lee’s backyard.
    You are going through a hard time in your life and you are still having a ball with a cancer death in someone else’s family.
    Your celebration of that does not make you a greater conservative or Trump supporter. I donated to Trump’s last campaign and donating every month for this one as well. Perhaps you should put your money for your mouth is?

Man, What are you whining and sniveling about?
    I dont care if you donated to Trumpeter, The Champion of the 2nd amendment.
    Spend you're coin as you see fit ol chap

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Man, I am whining and sniveling about how my little ***** hurts!
    I dont care if you donated to Trumpeter, The Champion of the 2nd amendment.
    Spend you're coin as you see fit ol chap

That’s your; not you’re!
    So you don’t support President Trump?
    For the record, I offer no apologies for my service to this county or my support for our President. Any civilian who does not like that can go to Hell.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This woman has been perverting the Court for quite some time. Go and look at some of the decisions in the last few years on very big issues. She, Sotomayer, and Kagan were locks when it came to advancing the phony liberal agenda or demoting conservative causes. When she could stay awake and or alert, she was the quintessential poster woman for legislating from the bench.

What I don't want to see is the evangelical right start pounding the war drums to overturn Roe v Wade. There is no reason to stoke that fire. This appointment process does not need that distraction nor does it need the whacko's on the left to shape the argument with their maniacal desire to continue to have the right to extract living babies up to 9 weeks.

That said, if Collins and Murkowski screw this up, they are complete garbage! You don't have to ****, ****, and bleed republican to want a "Constitutionalist" judge on the SC. That is what you would hope ALL of them subscribe to!

Forgotten

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 30, 2016
    Lafayette, LA
    Up for your consideration I nominate replacement Judge Jerry Springer for Supreme court justice....

judge-jerry-e1568202801759.jpeg.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom