Here we go...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Now that's a good man right dere! Trying to boost your experience level. Free parts, I ain't never got no free parts. Some 300BO rounds.....yes.

Lol, not as good as it sounds but I have bags and boxes of spare parts from gun room to closet to shop and likely even my car. Stuff I’ll likely never use but have no issue dropping at the post office or anywhere along my commute for someone trying to complete a build.

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    Lol, not as good as it sounds but I have bags and boxes of spare parts from gun room to closet to shop and likely even my car. Stuff I’ll likely never use but have no issue dropping at the post office or anywhere along my commute for someone trying to complete a build.

Thanks, Mag! Really appreciate the offer and I'll try not to take too much advantage of it! I coulda used it yesterday when I was running around trying to find a spanner wrench at a local hardware store LOL (I just tightened it up with a punch for now; wrench is coming in the mail).

southerncanuck

Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    ↑ Nice. Is that a Sig Romeo5 with a magnifier?

Holosun 503 with a Bushnell 3x magnifier. As best I can tell, Holosun makes the Sig Romeo's. This one's got the circle-dot reticle (65moa circle 2moa dot) which would be the same as the Romeo5 XDR.

From reading the other threads, I didn't realize there were as many rifle newbs on here as me -- I swear I thought I was the only one left without an AR -- so I'll share my build list and prices here. I have a feeling I overpaid by maybe 15-20% because I was too impatient to wait out the pandemic, but I don't think I did too badly. Anyone who's got their numbers dialed it can tell me how badly I got hosed.

I did my best to research every little kibble and bit to try to end up with a solid, reliable, respectable midrange gun. Certainly nothing too fancy or gucci (that'd be wasted on my skill level anyway) but not rock bottom cheapest-I-could-find either. A couple things have options like the AGB, muzzle devices and set of buffer weights so I can try to learn the nuances of what those adjustments feel like and how they influence operation.

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I have a 503 myself, the simple 2 MOA dot. Any time you build an AR piece by piece you are gonna get hosed, simple fact. Been there done that. But you end up with a build exactly as you want or envisioned. I have purchased a DPMS oracle 16" from Cabelas in the store for $475 + tax. I just ordered a PSA 10.5" 556 pistol kit and a lower receiver for $550 total shipped, two days ago. Yeah dumb me sold 2 lower receivers for 60 each maybe 6 weeks ago, then turn around and pay $97 shipped + $22 to the local ffl for the transfer. Go figure, dumb. I didn't plan on doing a 556 pistol a month ago but wtf, lemme try one out :) So compact and now the ATF doesn't even have a problem if you shoulder fire an AR pistol. My local range sure doesn't either. Love it.
    I already have a 10.5" 300 BO pistol. I can carry it in a black violin soft case I have on my back, ready to rock if need be. Compact, hard hitting, and accurate.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    ......and now the ATF doesn't even have a problem if you shoulder fire an AR pistol. My local range sure doesn't either. Love it.

Yeah, I was embarrassed for the ATF over that whole debacle (read **** show here) but apparently someone there finally came to grips with reality and set the record straight, but they still haven’t seemed to learn that they are around to enforce laws, not write them or create them out of thin air. I was really hoping to see them attempt to prosecute someone over that ghost law. They definitely had a YouTube treasure trove of offenders to start with!

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    On a positive note I did sell my 20" barrel custom build (put it together maybe 2 years ago) yesterday and got all of my money out of it. The current demand for ammo and firearms made this possible.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    How do you like that Strike Industries Link foregrip? I'm thinking about trying one out. I've got a mid-length gas block so it interferes with where I can place some front grips. I had a magpul vertical grip but it would be a little too far forward or too far backward for my liking. I tried the magpul angled grip but I ended up grabbing more on to it than onto the rail. I didn't care for the Strike Industries Link handstop. I have a Slate Black Industries hand stop on there now but I'm not a fan of it either. I'm considering the BCM KAG and that Strike Industries and my next contestants.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    How do you like that Strike Industries Link foregrip? I'm thinking about trying one out. I've got a mid-length gas block so it interferes with where I can place some front grips. I had a magpul vertical grip but it would be a little too far forward or too far backward for my liking. I tried the magpul angled grip but I ended up grabbing more on to it than onto the rail. I didn't care for the Strike Industries Link handstop. I have a Slate Black Industries hand stop on there now but I'm not a fan of it either. I'm considering the BCM KAG and that Strike Industries and my next contestants.

The KAG is nice.

The True North Grip Stop is what I ended up with on my short gun.

southerncanuck

Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    How do you like that Strike Industries Link foregrip?

I'm not married to it yet, but I like it... I've tried the KAG, Magpul AFG (the smaller one, not the AFG2) and the LINK and this is my favorite of the lot so far. Feels very similar to the KAG but with that extra bit out front to pull on with your index finger if that's your thing. If there is a perfect foregrip out there for me this isn't it but it's about 90% of the way there...

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I’ve found the Ergo hand stop to be a nice touch if you plan on using it simply as a hand stop. Small but the shape and material make it work well for me, especially on the shorties. I bought a few and I’m glad to have them. Nobody wants to slip off the end and blow a hand off running drills...or any other time.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/ergo-grip-surestop-tactical-rail-hand-stop.html

d52b601f1978a6fe468ca6b0390ceff1.jpg

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

Or mine. But why worry about being on topic if that means missing a chance to add to your post count.
    So nobody was talking about hand stops?
    My bad, please excuse.

What’s ironic is I posted the info for your benefit, since your post hinted that you were having trouble finding a hand stop that suited your needs, which I’m pretty sure anyone else would have noted, and here you’ve gone and decided I was just going out of my way for another post? Alrighty then.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So nobody was talking about hand stops?
    My bad, please excuse.

What’s ironic is I posted the info for your benefit, since your post hinted that you were having trouble finding a hand stop that suited your needs, which I’m pretty sure anyone else would have noted, and here you’ve gone and decided I was just going out of my way for another post? Alrighty then.

The Strike Industries Link foregrip is only available in one model that fits both keymod and m-lok. The Strike Industries Link handstop is only available in one model that fits both keymod and m-lok. Slate Black Industries is only available in m-lok. And you felt like you would be helpful by suggesting an item that would obviously not fit on the rail I have. Yeah, that seems more reasonable than you wanting to boost your post count. I mean, it's not you seem to try to reply to as many threads as possible even if you're not adding anything to the conversation.

southerncanuck

Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    If it's not too much to ask, could you guys kindly relocate the useless pissing contest to someone else's thread? I'm trying to cuddle new rifle in peace

f39164c83c132f3f332e334b46673c0f.jpg

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    If it's not too much to ask, could you guys kindly relocate the useless pissing contest to someone else's thread? I'm trying to cuddle new rifle in peace

f39164c83c132f3f332e334b46673c0f.jpg

Well, you the named the post correctly with "Here we go"

I knew the names of the players before I even looked...kinda sad

Specularius

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    N31 20, W92 14
    I am with you. Just started my first ever build. Waiting on the barrel now. This is going to be a 350 legend build. My lower parts kit finally arrived today. An Aero Precision MOE kit and the box was over stuffed. Had two FCG bags in it. I guess that is a sign to buy another lower and start build number 2.

Top Bottom