Get ready for another round of riots, stealing, and vandalism in Louisville KY

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    They robbed a CVS... Now what does that have to do with Breonna? That's just straight up to steal drugs to sell on the street.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Ya know, it always seems like these rioting looting mobs, collected from all over the country, only seem to pull this crap in places where the mayors and governors won’t do anything to stop them. Just once I’d like to see the leader of a city or state take immediate action and mop the street with the asses of these outlaw anarchists. Damage property, set fires, terrorize people in their vehicles? Go to jail, sit in jail until it’s over and the damage and video can be sorted out and full charges filed. No bail. No pass. Sooner or later they’ll find that city.
    Personally, I think that any leader who is not willing to protect citizens and property from these fools should be voted out on their ear.

I think the Fla.Governor came out and said....You will be sitting in jail in Fla.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Great, Let the riots begin.

So you are all for riots, looting, destroying businesses, and violence?

So you're still putting words in someones mouth...?

What do you really think Brah?

Your original quote above. Not putting words in anybody's mouth, they are your words. Are you really that challenged? Did you forget?

Who is Brah?

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Only problem is they were indeed at the wrong address. And I wonder how many times this has happened. The entire premise of a no knock raid in the wee morning hours is a BAD IDEA. I remember innocent people being killed back in the Clinton days.

Happened almost to my neighbor about a year ago.

4 car loads of the SD roll in and surround her house,She's at work house is empty.
    The SD didn't kick in her door luckily,But they surrounded the place.
    After 5 minutes of running around,SD loads up and leaves.
    I text her where she had hidden her ex's body at?
    She call's me,I explain what happened
    She calls the SD,They have no record of it,No report was ever filed that the SD was at the wrong house?
    We recorded them on 2 separate cameras
    But the SD was never there....hahaha

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    Only problem is they were indeed at the wrong address. And I wonder how many times this has happened. The entire premise of a no knock raid in the wee morning hours is a BAD IDEA. ...

They WERE at the correct address listed on the warrant. The police and judge believed that her former boyfriend stashed drugs at her apartment. It was also NOT a no-knock warrant - it was a knock and announce warrant, then break down the door if not opened immediately. She was also standing next to her current boyfriend who was actively firing on the cops (and hit one in the leg).

That being said, I also agree that no-knock warrants are a bad idea due to the large number (greater than 1) of innocent citizen's lives lost. The premise of our trial system is that it is better to let a criminal go free than to convict one innocent person. The no-knock warrant (and I would also argue the knock/announce/breach warrant used for Breonna Taylor) goes against this principle because of the large number of cases where the residents do not hear the announcement due to auditory exclusion. Just because the cops yell "POLICE" does not mean the residents hear the announcement in a high stress situation. Their ears hear the sounds, but their minds do not register the noise because of tunnel vision.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    They robbed a CVS... Now what does that have to do with Breonna? That's just straight up to steal drugs to sell on the street.

The left will say they needed Valium to distribute to try and calm things down? They have an excuse/reason for everything they do. It must be rationalized in some way or form.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    They WERE at the correct address listed on the warrant. The police and judge believed that her former boyfriend stashed drugs at her apartment. It was also NOT a no-knock warrant - it was a knock and announce warrant, then break down the door if not opened immediately. She was also standing next to her current boyfriend who was actively firing on the cops (and hit one in the leg).

That being said, I also agree that no-knock warrants are a bad idea due to the large number (greater than 1) of innocent citizen's lives lost. The premise of our trial system is that it is better to let a criminal go free than to convict one innocent person. The no-knock warrant (and I would also argue the knock/announce/breach warrant used for Breonna Taylor) goes against this principle because of the large number of cases where the residents do not hear the announcement due to auditory exclusion. Just because the cops yell "POLICE" does not mean the residents hear the announcement in a high stress situation. Their ears hear the sounds, but their minds do not register the noise because of tunnel vision.
    Oh my bad, wrong person and wrong address. I don’t buy the explanation for the warrant. They’re looking for drugs they think the ex stashed how long ago?
    Anyway, good points about the knock/announce/breach considering there’s most likely zero pause between the announce and the breach. It’s like every time an innocent dies in one of these raids I just shake my head and wonder why they still do them.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Oh my bad, wrong person and wrong address. I don’t buy the explanation for the warrant. They’re looking for drugs they think the ex stashed how long ago?
    Anyway, good points about the knock/announce/breach considering there’s most likely zero pause between the announce and the breach. It’s like every time an innocent dies in one of these raids I just shake my head and wonder why they still do them.

I must agree! I am sure no-knocks are a great advantage to the cops, and I completely understand that. However, it is clear that the less than 1% of no-knocks that have gone awry out of the thousands is not worth the collateral damage to innocents, the taxpayers, or society as a whole.

We all know that we live among a very large population of ignorant idiots and morons. They prove time and time again, they must be treated with the least common denominator in mind. Let's stop giving them the benefit of the doubt. They can't handle it regardless.

In fact, it is starting to seem like a cash cow for victims families whether the victims were criminals or not. #Altonsterlingfamilypaymentisajokeandascam

Last edited:

dwhaley929

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    Baton Rouge LA
    [FONT=&amp]
    Only problem is they were indeed at the wrong address. And I wonder how many times this has happened. The entire premise of a no knock raid in the wee morning hours is a BAD IDEA. I remember innocent people being killed back in the Clinton days. Wrong apartment, wrong house, shooting an innocent woman in her 20’s in her bed is one that I can’t forget. Shooting people through the window of their home while you shine a 5k lumen flashlight through the place is a BAD IDEA as well. My wife watched one of those videos and now my kid can’t have a Nerf gun. I told her she better get rid of the hair dryer while she’s at it.
    No knock raids are the problem. When you get a judge to sign one to execute on an individual over a nonviolent crime such as drugs and under the premise that the individual might destroy evidence (flush the drugs) well tough titty. Whether you bust into the right house or the wrong house, when you bust in and wind up killing people
    You become the criminal. You’ve murdered someone because of a situation you created.
    Wrong house happens a lot. Yes, it happens a lot. Want me to say it again? Save the how many times out of a thousand as that doesn’t matter at all. It happens too much. How does it happen? Carelessness. And when you’re careless it’s usually because you don’t care, correct? When you don’t care whether you’re about to inflict lethal damage on innocent people you’re a criminal, badge or not. The stats are not acceptable.
    No knock raids are the problem. I’m sure anyone who’s ever been mistakenly swatted, injuries or not, might not have been concerned about these raids before they became victims. I want someone here to say it could never happen to them. I’ve never been a criminal and I’ve taken many steps to secure my home in hopes of buying some time in case I ever get that (no) knock at my door. I realize that being found prone on the floor empty handed does not guarantee I won’t be riddled with bullets but maybe my family will get a few million after the fact.
    Unless someone’s life is in grave danger at the very moment, there is simply zero acceptable reason to bust into anyone’s home ready to kill. I’m wondering if they’ll ever get that. Until then, if they get prosecuted every time they muck it up, maybe they’ll start to care.

There were a number of "facts" being tossed around immediately after the incident, but a lot of those have been debunked.

From USA Today:

"The police who were investigating Taylor’s apartment did have a "no-knock" warrant to enter that address. The warrant for Taylor's address was approved due to Taylor’s prior association with a suspect in a drug case."

[/FONT]Certainly Breona's death was a tragedy but it doesn't rise to the level of murder, or even manslaughter or negligent homicide. The police did what they were supposed to do. Granted, one officer went super trigger happy and almost hit people in the next apartment but he's being charged for that. Also, certainly, the no knock warrant was a bad idea all around. I've always thought they were very dangerous for everyone. They've been banned in Louisville.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom