Get ready for another round of riots, stealing, and vandalism in Louisville KY

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Ya know, it always seems like these rioting looting mobs, collected from all over the country, only seem to pull this crap in places where the mayors and governors won’t do anything to stop them. Just once I’d like to see the leader of a city or state take immediate action and mop the street with the asses of these outlaw anarchists. Damage property, set fires, terrorize people in their vehicles? Go to jail, sit in jail until it’s over and the damage and video can be sorted out and full charges filed. No bail. No pass. Sooner or later they’ll find that city.
    Personally, I think that any leader who is not willing to protect citizens and property from these fools should be voted out on their ear.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Unrelated to Louisville, but there's going to be more trouble in Portland. Didn't wanna start a new thread so I'll post it here. Politics aside, it's pretty damn ridiculous to let BLM protest without permits and then deny it when people do it right.

https://apnews.com/75e549437e5d4a9d7d6daaf887ca0902

Portland denies permit for right-wing rally, cites COVID-19

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Portland, Oregon, has denied a permit for a Saturday rally planned by the right-wing group Proud Boys.

The city found the group’s estimated crowd size of 10,000 people was too big under coronavirus safety measures, according to a statement released Wednesday by the Portland Parks & Recreation Bureau.

The bureau said it had consulted with Mayor Ted Wheeler, who is also the police commissioner, and decided that those attending would not be able to comply with social distancing rules because of the large numbers of people.

*We must all do our part to fight the spread of COVID-19 in our community and keep ourselves and each other safe. Events like this are not welcome and are not allowed,* Portland City Commissioner Amanda Fritz, who oversees the city’s parks department, said in the statement.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Well if we would just leave the doors and windows unlocked and open the would not have to damage anything.
    They could just go in and take what they want like after Katrina when we left the Dome open.
    That old 2005 Sofa is 15 years old now and the TV too they need new stuff.
    They could also look for school supplies and books while they are at it.

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    They just had report on Inside Edition about Louisville. They have boarded up most businesses in downtown, boarded up the federal building doors and windows, installed concrete barriers restricting certain roads to vehicles, and the police are preparing.
    The officer was charged with 3 counts of reckless endangerment, and if found guilty on all counts could face a max of 15 years in prison.

dwhaley929

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    Baton Rouge LA
    They were shot at. They shot back. There seems to be a lesson here. One that nobody wants to acknowledge. If a cop shoots a black person he/she is guilty of murder. The details of the encounter are irrelevant.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    They were shot at. They shot back. There seems to be a lesson here. One that nobody wants to acknowledge. If a cop shoots a black person he/she is guilty of murder. The details of the encounter are irrelevant.

So if someone broke into your home and you pulled a gun to defend your life and your loved ones they are justified in killing whoever they want in your house?

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    So if someone broke into your home and you pulled a gun to defend your life and your loved ones they are justified in killing whoever they want in your house?

I believe he is siding with the cops. Taylor's BF fired one round (hit an officer in the leg) at the cops entering and they opened fire killing Taylor. 5 rounds hit her. Its too bad none of the rounds hit BF, but she was the bigger target. Big girl. Maybe BF used her as cover.

dwhaley is saying if a cop shoots a black, its automatic its a murder. Pretty much the prevailing attitude with many in our f**ked up society today.

Last edited:

dwhaley929

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    Baton Rouge LA

Mr Walker knew what he was doing. He knew he wasn't shooting at a burglar.

The attorney general said the officers' statements that they identified themselves "are corroborated by an independent witness".

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    I believe he is siding with the cops. Taylor's BF fired one round (hit an officer in the leg) at the cops entering and they opened fire killing Taylor. 7 rounds hit her. Its too bad none of the rounds hit BF, but she was the bigger target. Big girl. Maybe BF used her as cover.

dwhaley is saying if a cop shoots a black, its automatic its a murder. Pretty much the prevailing attitude with many in our f**ked up society today.

I'm not talking about protests or what color the people in the situation are or even talking about the charges.

I'm just asking if people forced entry into his home and he defended himself, whoever broke in is entitled to kill whomever they want if fired upon?

This is a gun forum. We all have a weapon for when something goes bump in the night and I imagine we would all use it if we felt our life or our loved one's lives threatened. If someone kicked your door down, would you let them do whatever they wanted to your family members without defending yourself?

The attorney general said the officers' statements that they identified themselves "are corroborated by an independent witness".

Ok so all I have to do to after breaking down your door is shout "Police" and that will justify whatever actions I take afterwards?

Look, what happened was a damn tragedy. An innocent person is dead. And this person isn't a piece of crap but a good human being. The same thing could happen to any one of us but it's easy to disconnect yourself from it by hating the protests and maybe even the color of the person's skin.

Last edited:

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    This is the kind of scenario that worries me. A No-Knock warrant is a scary thing.

What happens if your dog starts barking and you aren't in the best neighborhood so you get prepared because Ole Fido is a good guard dog. All of a sudden the door busts in and you go into fight or flight and start shooting before they identify themselves, then they start shooting back and your loved ones are killed in the ensuing firefight? Then come to find out they got the wrong address and shouldn't have been at your place but across town?

So they have an "Independant Witness" shouldn't there be bodycam footage of what happened? I haven't been following it but was any ever released? Where they wearing bodycams? Video is a nice tool to have as it stops the he said she said loop in its tracks.

It's a **** show no matter how you look at it.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I'm not talking about protests or what color the people in the situation are or even talking about the charges.

I'm just asking if people forced entry into his home and he defended himself, whoever broke in is entitled to kill whomever they want if fired upon?

This is a gun forum. We all have a weapon for when something goes bump in the night and I imagine we would all use it if we felt our life or our loved one's lives threatened. If someone kicked your door down, would you let them do whatever they wanted to your family members without defending yourself?

Ok so all I have to do to after breaking down your door is shout "Police" and that will justify whatever actions I take afterwards?

Look, what happened was a damn tragedy. An innocent person is dead. And this person isn't a piece of crap but a good human being. The same thing could happen to any one of us but it's easy to disconnect yourself from it by hating the protests and maybe even the color of the person's skin.

I hear you and you make a compelling argument. I sleep with a G22 under my pillow every night, somebody enters my house while im sleeping, shame on them. And reading an article detailing the Taylor shooting, 10 other people in that building said the cops did not identify themselves before taking down the door, besides BF.

And if somebody does break in and shout "police", does that mean in the dead of night and just awakening from sleep you immediately drop ur weapon?

I don't know the answer. I think I would remain armed behind cover until I saw uniforms and badges, or multiple verbal IDs and warnings. And why did BF only fire one round? Why not more? Clearly something caused him to cease fire immediately. Overwhelming return fire perhaps? Or he identified the threats, or his gun jammed.

Your argument is valid, or at least raises some serious questions for sure.

Last edited:

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Neither him or the deceased had a record. There were no drugs in the apartment. There was absolute zero reason for him to fire if he knew they were police officers. There's a 911 call where he sounds distressed and scared. I mean regardless of whose side you're on, the situation is horrible and there are no winners in it.

And damn I really hope this is unrelated to the whole thing https://www.wkyt.com/2020/09/24/officer-shot-at-brook-street-and-broadway-in-louisville/

omb4uGg.png

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Well if we would just leave the doors and windows unlocked and open the would not have to damage anything.
    They could just go in and take what they want like after Katrina when we left the Dome open.
    That old 2005 Sofa is 15 years old now and the TV too they need new stuff.
    They could also look for school supplies and books while they are at it.

Hahahahaha!!!!!

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

Only problem is they were indeed at the wrong address. And I wonder how many times this has happened. The entire premise of a no knock raid in the wee morning hours is a BAD IDEA. I remember innocent people being killed back in the Clinton days. Wrong apartment, wrong house, shooting an innocent woman in her 20’s in her bed is one that I can’t forget. Shooting people through the window of their home while you shine a 5k lumen flashlight through the place is a BAD IDEA as well. My wife watched one of those videos and now my kid can’t have a Nerf gun. I told her she better get rid of the hair dryer while she’s at it.
    No knock raids are the problem. When you get a judge to sign one to execute on an individual over a nonviolent crime such as drugs and under the premise that the individual might destroy evidence (flush the drugs) well tough titty. Whether you bust into the right house or the wrong house, when you bust in and wind up killing people
    You become the criminal. You’ve murdered someone because of a situation you created.
    Wrong house happens a lot. Yes, it happens a lot. Want me to say it again? Save the how many times out of a thousand as that doesn’t matter at all. It happens too much. How does it happen? Carelessness. And when you’re careless it’s usually because you don’t care, correct? When you don’t care whether you’re about to inflict lethal damage on innocent people you’re a criminal, badge or not. The stats are not acceptable.
    No knock raids are the problem. I’m sure anyone who’s ever been mistakenly swatted, injuries or not, might not have been concerned about these raids before they became victims. I want someone here to say it could never happen to them. I’ve never been a criminal and I’ve taken many steps to secure my home in hopes of buying some time in case I ever get that (no) knock at my door. I realize that being found prone on the floor empty handed does not guarantee I won’t be riddled with bullets but maybe my family will get a few million after the fact.
    Unless someone’s life is in grave danger at the very moment, there is simply zero acceptable reason to bust into anyone’s home ready to kill. I’m wondering if they’ll ever get that. Until then, if they get prosecuted every time they muck it up, maybe they’ll start to care.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom