Increase in Handgun Sales & 1st Time Buyers.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Nationwide Pistol Sales had a 112% increase in March, April, May of 2020.

1st. time buyers represented 40% of all Firearms Sales January, February, March 2020.

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    well you know the handgun manufacturers, distributors, dealers, and local B&M shops are happy bout that. A mad rush to arm themselves to protect property and family.

When I went to bedico shooting range last week Mike and Mr Jimmy told me lots and lots of CHP classes/the shooting portion when I asked if it been really quiet there lately. One day I was the only person on the range. It was nice.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    CHP permit applications alone have skyrocketed. The wait is now over 60 days. FRC has been teaching multiple classes every weekend.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    well you know the handgun manufacturers, distributors, dealers, and local B&M shops are happy bout that. A mad rush to arm themselves to protect property and family.

When I went to bedico shooting range last week Mike and Mr Jimmy told me lots and lots of CHP classes/the shooting portion when I asked if it been really quiet there lately. One day I was the only person on the range. It was nice.
    Yeah, I’m thinking as the ammo dries up there will be less and less peeps out there.
    But 1.6 million gun sales last month...dang.
    From another thread:
    https://www.ammoland.com/2020/09/an...-and-gun-sales-for-august-2020/#axzz6XSHIYv34

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Yeah, I’m thinking as the ammo dries up there will be less and less peeps out there.

Agreed. The first day i went, I was the only pistol shooter, and two other guys sighting in rifles. Prob preparing for hunting season. One of em would take a shot about every 15 minutes, no sooner. He wuz on his phone more time, texting or surfing.
    I went early, like 0930.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    Agreed. The first day i went, I was the only pistol shooter, and two other guys sighting in rifles. Prob preparing for hunting season. One of em would take a shot about every 15 minutes, no sooner. He wuz on his phone more time, texting or surfing.
    I went early, like 0930.
    Same thing last time I went to the Shooter's Club in Harahan. Besides me and my friend, there was a married couple getting tutored on how to shoot their new Glocks, no one else on the range. I feel bad for the ranges trying to stay in business with not many customers. They had plenty of range ammo but it was priced at $1.00/round and it looked like they had sold most of their rental guns.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk Pro

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Same thing last time I went to the Shooter's Club in Harahan. Besides me and my friend, there was a married couple getting tutored on how to shoot their new Glocks, no one else on the range. I feel bad for the ranges trying to stay in business with not many customers. They had plenty of range ammo but it was priced at $1.00/round and it looked like they had sold most of their rental guns.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk Pro

Dang

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    It's crazy. Did you have yours returned like mine was? That was a new one for sure. The entirety of the process is a joke.

I've ALWAYS thought this. :dunno:

As for the skyrocketing gun sales; if I had Trump's ear, I would tell him to bring it up in the first debate. Read the statistic out loud, them state that this is a direct result of the democrat's disdain for law and order!

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I've ALWAYS thought this. :dunno:

I still stand by my previous thoughts that everyone should seek further training and that the CHP course is NOT training, but I no longer believe it should be mandatory to attend the course, because it's a joke of a course (unless you have an instructor that actually cares and expounds on some things).

Man, that's ridiculous. Is that for a new permit or renewal?

Both.

Mxav

Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Nov 25, 2011
    New Orleans
    It's crazy. Did you have yours returned like mine was? That was a new one for sure. The entirety of the process is a joke.
    No return, I checked the status of it last week it said, "INCOMPLETE". This week, it finally showed, "UNDER REVIEW" or something of that nature. It's just a matter of time now.

Man, that's ridiculous. Is that for a new permit or renewal?
    Im doing a renewal.

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    Same thing last time I went to the Shooter's Club in Harahan. Besides me and my friend, there was a married couple getting tutored on how to shoot their new Glocks, no one else on the range. I feel bad for the ranges trying to stay in business with not many customers.

Yeah, last couple times I've been to Shooter's Club their case was completely empty because Jefferson Gun sold all their rental inventory to make a quick buck. I don't know the nuances of the specific business model but it doesn't take a leap of reasoning to figure that they probably don't make much money off guys like us. Memberships might keep the lights on, but the profit drivers are rentals and ammo... tough to be in the rental business when you don't have anything to rent. Not really a surprise there were no customers in there. They should be, and could be, making money hand over fist right right now.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Yeah, last couple times I've been to Shooter's Club their case was completely empty because Jefferson Gun sold all their rental inventory to make a quick buck. I don't know the nuances of the specific business model but it doesn't take a leap of reasoning to figure that they probably don't make much money off guys like us. Memberships might keep the lights on, but the profit drivers are rentals and ammo... tough to be in the rental business when you don't have anything to rent. Not really a surprise there were no customers in there. They should be, and could be, making money hand over fist right right now.

I can't speak for all shops, but most make more money off of accessories and ammunition than from firearms.

Top Bottom