Why I never shoot at indoor ranges

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    there is no such thing as an accidental discharge

Easy way to remember the distinction between the two types of unintentional discharge of your weapon: negligent discharges are what happens when you're careless with your firearm, accidental discharges are what happens to a 17yo dude on prom night.

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    The Bass Pro incident with the bullet hole in the floor was a negligent discharge when someone was showing another shooter his pistol while standing outside of the shooting lane entry door. He should have known better as a long time shooter as well as a chp permit holder. Reason I know this to be true is a couple of months after the fact I happened to mention the act to this person in general conversation and he readily admitted that he was the one responsible for the bullet hole in the floor. Unless they have been repaired there are bullet holes in the table top shelves as well as divider walls seperating the shooting lanes. ................................... drill sgt.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    The Bass Pro incident with the bullet hole in the floor was a negligent discharge when someone was showing another shooter his pistol while standing outside of the shooting lane entry door. He should have known better as a long time shooter as well as a chp permit holder. Reason I know this to be true is a couple of months after the fact I happened to mention the act to this person in general conversation and he readily admitted that he was the one responsible for the bullet hole in the floor. Unless they have been repaired there are bullet holes in the table top shelves as well as divider walls seperating the shooting lanes. ................................... drill sgt.

Yep,I saw the chip in the floor!

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    The logic is whomever caused the AD in the parking lot was prob there to shoot @ the range. A potential danger to anyone on the line or in the store.

10-4?

I get what you are saying , but I have never been to any range that didn't have evidence of stupid behavior . Indoor or outdoor . If shooting at outdoor ranges makes you feel safer then so be it .

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I get what you are saying , but I have never been to any range that didn't have evidence of stupid behavior . Indoor or outdoor . If shooting at outdoor ranges makes you feel safer then so be it .

I have yet to witness an example of "stupid behavior" @ Bedico Shooting Range in a couple years of shooting there. I have seen it over the years @ Nicks a couple times, and the Kenner range I mentioned many many years ago. I don't even know if that Kenner range is still open, close to the airport. And not blaming the operators of the range for poorly trained firearms owners/shooters, or fools with zero common sense. Some people simply should not own a firearm, shooting ur tv or a ND in the parking lot "assembling" your gun. Dumb azzes plain and simple.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    ive seen more than plenty at outdoor ranges. especially skeet guys. more than a couple tail gats or truck beds busted by s skeet load. saw a guy 3 shot ad into the roof at ssc with an ar, while the range was cold.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I have yet to witness an example of "stupid behavior" @ Bedico Shooting Range in a couple years of shooting there. I have seen it over the years @ Nicks a couple times, and the Kenner range I mentioned many many years ago. I don't even know if that Kenner range is still open, close to the airport. And not blaming the operators of the range for poorly trained firearms owners/shooters, or fools with zero common sense. Some people simply should not own a firearm, shooting ur tv or a ND in the parking lot "assembling" your gun. Dumb azzes plain and simple.

The only Kenner Range was Kenner Indoor and it was owned by an old man named Remmy. It has been closed for many years now it was next to the old John Charles Restaurant. Where a man was eating and was shot by AP Ammo from a rifle. I was also shot in the leg there as a kid while shooting with my dad. He also reloaded on an old progressive that would run out of powder and give squibs to shooters. Back then he would get Mr. Phil at Phils gun ranch to fix what ones he could when that happened. It was a loosely run place.
    You may be thinking Of the Old Shooters Club on David Drive in Metairie that was 4 lanes wide?

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    The only Kenner Range was Kenner Indoor and it was owned by an old man named Remmy. It has been closed for many years now it was next to the old John Charles Restaurant. Where a man was eating and was shot by AP Ammo from a rifle. I was also shot in the leg there as a kid while shooting with my dad. He also reloaded on an old progressive that would run out of powder and give squibs to shooters. Back then he would get Mr. Phil at Phils gun ranch to fix what ones he could when that happened. It was a loosely run place.
    You may be thinking Of the Old Shooters Club on David Drive in Metairie that was 4 lanes wide?

It could have been either one of em really. Its been so long I just don't remember. I can see the outside of the place and the parking lot in my mind. Seems like it was from my memory off of Vets Hwy between Loyola and Williams Blvd. To the south off Vets. That mostly industrial/business area.

I used to rent a half a double @ 242 Duke Dr a couple blocks west off of Loyola, circa 1978 or 79. It was brand new brick veneer construction when I rented it, an attorney owned it back then.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Like I said the old Kenner Indoor was run poorly by an old man named Remmy on Airline {US61} and has been gine many years.
    I would not want the Shooters Club was run by a manager named Kevin to get the bad rap fir a bad run place. Who last we talked was running the new large state of the art Shooters Club both in Metairie as well they just moved from David Drive to Airline. The owner also owns the Range in Harahan but are run separately.

Rocko68

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 27, 2019
    New Orleans, La
    I have to give my respects to Jefferson Gun as I've managed to shoot there somewhat consistently for about a year and a half now with no reports or any concerns I've noticed. Hopefully I haven't been the one to cause anyone to leave in my time there.
    I did leave a shooting range in Mississippi one time after observing a shooter walking around with a glock with a 30 round mag hanging out of the back pocket of some basketball shorts. Time to go....

enigmedic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Sep 14, 2010
    New Orleans area
    You are correct John, he is wrong about the existence of only one range. I'm not sure how anyone could definitively state that. You are probably thinking of Liberty Gun- 2216 Lexington St.

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I also shot @ Jefferson Gun Outlet a couple times many years ago. Enigmedic, you have a really strong memory. I also remember your username from a couple other gun sites besides this one alone. Maybe ar15.com, the canik forum, Colt forum, or glock talk.

Top Bottom