I thought this was interesting

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    As i have socially distanced myself from the media in the last few months (their class dividing rhetoric is disgusting), I find myself missing some legitimately interesting/disturbing news.

I read a blip on a Robinson Armament email that addl gun laws had been passed in Canada recently. I though i had heard of this but decided to do some research.

Farther down the rabbit hole I was reading some of the top new story results off google. I prefer to read the stories, as I retain info better that wathing a vid, and con control the rate of info better, re-reading if necessary.

Pretty sure the following is from a "more liberal than not" outlet:

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/05/2...eau-nra-nova-scotia-assault-weapons-ban-ar15/

During reading I see that the following law professor is quoted:

Joseph Blocher, a law professor at Duke University who studies gun rights and regulation, said a “rhetoric of hopelessness” surrounds the issue of gun control—and that rhetoric is more prevalent in the United States than in Canada “given the comparative size of our gun violence problem.”

Keep in mind this is a American law professor at an American college...

Later on he says this:

“Some portion of gun rights advocates are gun rights absolutists and don’t believe that the right can be regulated at all, and that’s just not how we treat constitutional rights. All constitutional rights—whether it’s freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, free exercise of religion—they’re all subject to regulation,” Blocher said.

He seems to have missed the actual wording "shall not be infringed" in the one constitutional right that he declines to use as an example...

And in a weak attempt to use "facts":

"In 2016 in Canada, 130 homicides were committed with a handgun, the most since 2005, according to Statistics Canada, which amounts to about 3.6 handgun homicides per 1 million people. By comparison, according to FBI statistics, 7,105 homicides were committed with a handgun in the United States that same year—or 21.9 handgun homicides per 1 million people.

Accounting for the population difference between the two countries, the handgun homicide rate is about six times higher south of the border.

The United States also had more then 400 mass shootings last year, according to the Gun Violence Archive, an independent research group that defines a mass shooting as an incident in which at least four people were shot or killed."

They carefully do not include the number of handguns in Canada, per capita, vs the US. I can imaagine that there are alot more hanguns per capita in the US. And I am sure all of the usual suicide and accidental shootings are lumped in, which while I do believe are terrible tragedy's, are NOT gun violence. No way to tell, as those "facts " are not shared.

I try to read the articles as written by both sides, as I really don't need any more "preaching to the choir" and would like to at least try to understand the opinions form the other side, should I have to engage them on the topic.

As usual, this article feels like "remove the Guns and remove the GUN violence", which we all know will not remove the "violence", just the guns. Along the same lines we could end bad legislature by banning organized governments...

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    He said all our rights are subject to regulation. He’s a typical left wing communosociomarxopathic psycho that would just love for you to believe his propaganda. These wackjobs are proficient at making misinformation sound like the gospel. They should leave the country if they don’t believe in freedom and the american dream, not try to turn it into another failure. Maybe he’ll catch a hemorrhagic stroke this week.

Top Bottom