Ruger To Buy Marlin

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I've got a really good feeling about this. I'm thinking their first true release is gonna be something cool worth seeing. Looking forward to whatever it is.

One of the only things Ruger has been missing from their line up is a great lever gun.

They could now offer Single Action/Lever Action packages. That could be fun.

cricht0n

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Zachary
    Is the Ruger American pistol not good? I have never heard anybody say anything bad about it. Of course I've never heard anybody praising it either.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    They still haven't made a semi-auto centerfire pistol worth owning.

The P90 .45 was a solid value. I would have bought one back in the day if I had not already purchased the HK USP .45 and G21.
    The P89 and P95 were good options in 9mm for those who were on a tight budget.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    The P90 .45 was a solid value. I would have bought one back in the day if I had not already purchased the HK USP .45 and G21.
    The P89 and P95 were good options in 9mm for those who were on a tight budget.

Like I said, they still haven't made a semi-auto centerfire pistol worth owning.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I have RGR shares in my IRA account. I am very pleased to hear of this acquisition for the company. I first owned RGR in the early 2000’s when it was only $5 a share.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Like I said, they still haven't made a semi-auto centerfire pistol worth owning.

Your bar is a high one indeed. I do understand your opinion. However, I know of two instances where the acquisition of Ruger P89’s was a good idea.
    The 7th MEB(Marine Expeditionary Brigade) was deploying to the sandbox on pretty short notice. There were not enough M9’s to go around. The CO authorized the individual purchase of 9mm pistols by Marines who needed sidearms. The M92FS was sold out at the base exchange within hours of the authorization. At that point, Marines were buying the P89 and able to get extra mags for the difference in price.
    The other instance was fellow Marine Vet who was down on his luck and recently hired by a security company. The company paid for his semi-auto class, but he had to purchase his own handgun. All he had was $300 and it enough to get a Ruger P89. He is now a senior supervisor for the same company and still carries that P89.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    The other instance was fellow Marine Vet who was down on his luck and recently hired by a security company. The company paid for his semi-auto class, but he had to purchase his own handgun. All he had was $300 and it enough to get a Ruger P89. He is now a senior supervisor for the same company and still carries that P89.

For $300 I would buy a LE Trade In Glock.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom