How do ya'll feel about "masked" carry?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I know...how dare that private business take steps to protect itself and it's customers. What a bunch of communists. It wouldn't be so bad if you actually had a choice of banks to use instead of being forced to use that one.

Man, Just went thru the drive thru, No ID required

Lady just asked for my address so she could find my account?
    Seems easy enough.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I just couldn't help myself, the last line. Like this guy has not cashed a check in a bank for 25 years? Or perhaps he has a really bad case of CRS?

Hey you have a nice day too.

Thanks Ol Buddy, Bought a new hat after cashing a check,No ID wuz asked for? Only my address
    Thinking I'll wear this down at the cabana this evening while drinking funny lil drinks with umbrellas in it.
    You likely?

Attachments

• 20200929_123345.jpg
      20200929_123345.jpg
      242.2 KB · Views: 14

Matty_1ce

Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Feb 13, 2020
    Walker, LA
    I believe if you have a CC permit that was given from the state governemnt legally. And if that same government is requiring you to wear a mask due to covid. I see no issue. You are following "laws" even though there is no law for covid masks. lol

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Dude, I went to my local bank to deposit $4040 in cash from a few rifles I sold very recently. First time I ever walked into a bank wearing a mask in 40 years. It is required right on the door, no mask no service. Nobody in there except me and the teller that time. No lines no bank officers. Oh and really tall plexiglass shielding everywhere @ counter.

I was so tempted to say "this is a holdup" jokingly but I had a lunch date and didn't want to be delayed, LOL. Prob a federal charge just to say that.

Also had to show my LA driver's license and they scan it for the transaction (magnetic strip on back). That was a first too, maybe because of the masks, unable to identify customers on video recordings.

Chase (and many banks) are beginning to require IDs for depositing cash in addition to withdrawing cash. The reason for this is because if one person deposits more than $10k in cash in a day, a report has to be filled out. A lot of folks have tried to bypass this law (Bank Secrecy Act) and this is a way to somewhat close a few loopholes.

Even joking about robbing a bank is a no go. Would highly recommend against it.

Also had to show my LA driver's license and they scan it for the transaction (magnetic strip on back). That was a first too, maybe because of the masks, unable to identify customers on video recordings.

What? You think its a new tracking deal? What happens if one doesn't own a drivers license? How's about you just cashing the checks?

Sounds like Chase the nanny bank antics.[/QUOTE]

Banks shouldn't be cashing checks for people without properly verifying that they are entitled to the funds. If someone doesn't have a government issued ID, most financial institutions won't assist them (unless they are a customer and can be verified through other means).

What? You think its a new tracking deal? What happens if one doesn't own a drivers license? How's about you just cashing the checks?

Sounds like Chase the nanny bank antics.

The TSA personnel will ask to see your face too when you begin the whole security checks/scan.

I've made a habit in life to make eye contact and share a smile with passers by, only now the smiles don't travel beyond the mask so maybe I'll stop now.[/QUOTE]

Went through this quite a few times over the past few weeks, and it was rather amusing, to say the least, LOL.

Man, Just went thru the drive thru, No ID required

Lady just asked for my address so she could find my account?
    Seems easy enough.

Not all banks require an ID to deposit cash. I don't think any will require an ID to deposit checks (written to an owner on the account). Of course if you have a common name and don't know your account number, it's a lot easier for the teller to look up your account with an ID.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Not all banks require an ID to deposit cash. I don't think any will require an ID to deposit checks (written to an owner on the account). Of course if you have a common name and don't know your account number, it's a lot easier for the teller to look up your account with an ID.

How many banks will cash a check for you without presenting some valid form of identification? None to my knowledge/experience. Maybe if its a small town bank and they know you personally. Identification via past history or being your neighbor sort of thing.

Austin, I had remembered you work in the banking industry and had hoped you would chime in. Yes it was @ my local Chase bank with whom I have had an account with for 20+ years.

I had better sense than to make a foolish comment (even jokingly) while in the bank. It was just a thought running thru my brain @ that moment, the mask thing. Did not verbalize it for obvious reasons.
    Chase Bank has always been good to me, the branch in Albany was the best. But they closed it down and removed the building entirely after the Great Flood of 2016.
    You ever get a cupcake @ a banking institution? I did @ the Albany branch right on Hwy 190 just prior to Halloween one year. I was renting an apartment for 10 months close to that particular branch. Just terrific employees and service. Small town banking, the mind set.

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Chase (and many banks) are beginning to require IDs for depositing cash in addition to withdrawing cash. The reason for this is because if one person deposits more than $10k in cash in a day, a report has to be filled out. A lot of folks have tried to bypass this law (Bank Secrecy Act) and this is a way to somewhat close a few loopholes.

Even joking about robbing a bank is a no go. Would highly recommend against it.

Sounds like Chase the nanny bank antics.

Banks shouldn't be cashing checks for people without properly verifying that they are entitled to the funds. If someone doesn't have a government issued ID, most financial institutions won't assist them (unless they are a customer and can be verified through other means).

The TSA personnel will ask to see your face too when you begin the whole security checks/scan.

I've made a habit in life to make eye contact and share a smile with passers by, only now the smiles don't travel beyond the mask so maybe I'll stop now.[/QUOTE]

Went through this quite a few times over the past few weeks, and it was rather amusing, to say the least, LOL.

Not all banks require an ID to deposit cash. I don't think any will require an ID to deposit checks (written to an owner on the account). Of course if you have a common name and don't know your account number, it's a lot easier for the teller to look up your account with an ID.[/QUOTE]

You drunk Bro?
    Small town bank,They all know me,Now Chase I can't walk into and deposit/cash a 50.00 check because....I don't have an account there.
    I ask the gals if I can go get them a margarita or any thing along those lines.
    Chase bank continues to sux....lol

Last edited:

jkingrph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2007
    Now it's simply accepted, but not always. About 3 years ago I was working as a relief pharmacist in a small town next door in E. Texas when a smart a&% came in wearing a mask. Believe me I had my hand on my firearm until I figured out he was no threat, and I then told him to get the mask off. He had been to a dentist and claimed the "cold" air was hurting his teeth. I understood that the corporate management told him not to come in again.

WB5QBK

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Caddo Parish
    Masks

Now it's simply accepted, but not always. About 3 years ago I was working as a relief pharmacist in a small town next door in E. Texas when a smart a&% came in wearing a mask. Believe me I had my hand on my firearm until I figured out he was no threat, and I then told him to get the mask off. He had been to a dentist and claimed the "cold" air was hurting his teeth. I understood that the corporate management told him not to come in again.
    Jrking
    I too get to look up frequently to see who is entering the pharmacy and pay special attention to the video of the back door as it allows someone to get too near very rapidly.

In NE TX we have lots of people that refused to wear masks and now that the county judge declared that we meet the Governor’s exemption it is worse.

I haven’t had to prepare to draw lately but still keep my eyes open.

Stay safe!
    CD Tiller PharmD

Top Bottom