How do ya'll feel about "masked" carry?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vamporean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2020
    Metairie
    Last year, if I saw a civilian downtown decked out like SWAT, I would have thought "mass shooter"... Or ISIS :ninja:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 12.58.55 PM.png
      Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 12.58.55 PM.png
      424.3 KB · Views: 78
    Last edited:

Rocko68

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 27, 2019
    New Orleans, La
    I think it's all good unless you say "stick em up" or "I can't breathe".
    Silly pandemic led to masked everyone in a time when entering a bank wearing a mask was never accepted.
    Strange days....

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    If you’re against this, you’re against the 2nd Amendment.

:rofl:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I guess it depends what they're doing while dressed up like that.

Being peaceful, not rowdy, and breaking no laws = probably okay.
    Being loud, rowdy, and breaking laws = probably not okay.

Will I ever be in that crowd? Probably not.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    I've listened to several people that are absolutely convinced in this state that you can't CC with a facial covering... To the point they were preaching it everywhere... In LA the CCW laws are silent on masks and I could only find a law talking about wearing a mask to conceal ones identity being illegal... Which with this mandate is nearly impossible to prove... However some states things are different...

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I think it's all good unless you say "stick em up" or "I can't breathe".
    Silly pandemic led to masked everyone in a time when entering a bank wearing a mask was never accepted.
    Strange days....

Dude, I went to my local bank to deposit $4040 in cash from a few rifles I sold very recently. First time I ever walked into a bank wearing a mask in 40 years. It is required right on the door, no mask no service. Nobody in there except me and the teller that time. No lines no bank officers. Oh and really tall plexiglass shielding everywhere @ counter.

I was so tempted to say "this is a holdup" jokingly but I had a lunch date and didn't want to be delayed, LOL. Prob a federal charge just to say that.

Also had to show my LA driver's license and they scan it for the transaction (magnetic strip on back). That was a first too, maybe because of the masks, unable to identify customers on video recordings.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I've listened to several people that are absolutely convinced in this state that you can't CC with a facial covering... To the point they were preaching it everywhere... In LA the CCW laws are silent on masks and I could only find a law talking about wearing a mask to conceal ones identity being illegal... Which with this mandate is nearly impossible to prove... However some states things are different...

Should have just said "prove it to me, show me the applicable LA statute". Everybody carries a smartphone today with access to google. Words and their opinion alone don't mean s**t.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    As long as they aren't aggressively bothering or threatening anyone, or breaking any laws, they're free to do so. Will it win them any new support? You be the judge. :dunno:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Also had to show my LA driver's license and they scan it for the transaction (magnetic strip on back). That was a first too, maybe because of the masks, unable to identify customers on video recordings.[/QUOTE]

What? You think its a new tracking deal? What happens if one doesn't own a drivers license? How's about you just cashing the checks?

Sounds like Chase the nanny bank antics.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    What? You think its a new tracking deal? What happens if one doesn't own a drivers license? How's about you just cashing the checks?

Most everyone who doesn't have a DL has a state ID. You cannot walk into a bank and cash a check without producing some form of ID. That just isn't happening. Been that way for at least 25 years.

What planet are you living on btw?

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

I don't recall seeing any laws pertaining to masks that don't directly address masks worn for medical reasons.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

I know...how dare that private business take steps to protect itself and it's customers. What a bunch of communists. It wouldn't be so bad if you actually had a choice of banks to use instead of being forced to use that one.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Most everyone who doesn't have a DL has a state ID. You cannot walk into a bank and cash a check without producing some form of ID. That just isn't happening. Been that way for at least 25 years.

What planet are you living on btw?

Krypton Ol Buddy
    The first part of you're answer waz A-okay
    The last line,You have failed as a human-being who lacks compassion with a chronic overbearing need for belittlement.

I hope you have a nice day with this beautiful weather Ol Buddy.

Rocko68

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 27, 2019
    New Orleans, La
    Also had to show my LA driver's license and they scan it for the transaction (magnetic strip on back). That was a first too, maybe because of the masks, unable to identify customers on video recordings.

Sounds like Chase the nanny bank antics.[/QUOTE]

The TSA personnel will ask to see your face too when you begin the whole security checks/scan.

I've made a habit in life to make eye contact and share a smile with passers by, only now the smiles don't travel beyond the mask so maybe I'll stop now.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Krypton Ol Buddy
    The first part of you're answer waz A-okay
    The last line,You have failed as a human-being who lacks compassion with a chronic overbearing need for belittlement.

I hope you have a nice day with this beautiful weather Ol Buddy.

I just couldn't help myself, the last line. Like this guy has not cashed a check in a bank for 25 years? Or perhaps he has a really bad case of CRS?

Hey you have a nice day too.

Top Bottom