Join BayouShooter For Free
Meplat

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
    Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko68 View Post
    I think it's all good unless you say "stick em up" or "I can't breathe".
    Silly pandemic led to masked everyone in a time when entering a bank wearing a mask was never accepted.
    Strange days....
    Dude, I went to my local bank to deposit $4040 in cash from a few rifles I sold very recently. First time I ever walked into a bank wearing a mask in 40 years. It is required right on the door, no mask no service. Nobody in there except me and the teller that time. No lines no bank officers. Oh and really tall plexiglass shielding everywhere @ counter.

I was so tempted to say "this is a holdup" jokingly but I had a lunch date and didn't want to be delayed, LOL. Prob a federal charge just to say that.

Also had to show my LA driver's license and they scan it for the transaction (magnetic strip on back). That was a first too, maybe because of the masks, unable to identify customers on video recordings.
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -- George Santayana

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sportsbud View Post
    I've listened to several people that are absolutely convinced in this state that you can't CC with a facial covering... To the point they were preaching it everywhere... In LA the CCW laws are silent on masks and I could only find a law talking about wearing a mask to conceal ones identity being illegal... Which with this mandate is nearly impossible to prove... However some states things are different...
    Should have just said "prove it to me, show me the applicable LA statute". Everybody carries a smartphone today with access to google. Words and their opinion alone don't mean s**t.
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -- George Santayana

Professional Amateur

Premium Member

User Info Menu

As long as they aren't aggressively bothering or threatening anyone, or breaking any laws, they're free to do so. Will it win them any new support? You be the judge.
    Sam
    Central/Pride, Evil Black Rifle Parish(EBR), LA

“Remember the first rule of gunfighting... ‘have a gun.’"
    -Col. Jeff Cooper

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Also had to show my LA driver's license and they scan it for the transaction (magnetic strip on back). That was a first too, maybe because of the masks, unable to identify customers on video recordings.[/QUOTE]

What? You think its a new tracking deal? What happens if one doesn't own a drivers license? How's about you just cashing the checks?

Sounds like Chase the nanny bank antics.
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post

What? You think its a new tracking deal? What happens if one doesn't own a drivers license? How's about you just cashing the checks?

Most everyone who doesn't have a DL has a state ID. You cannot walk into a bank and cash a check without producing some form of ID. That just isn't happening. Been that way for at least 25 years.

What planet are you living on btw?
    Last edited by John_; September 29th, 2020 at 07:30 AM.

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sportsbud View Post
    I've listened to several people that are absolutely convinced in this state that you can't CC with a facial covering... To the point they were preaching it everywhere... In LA the CCW laws are silent on masks and I could only find a law talking about wearing a mask to conceal ones identity being illegal... Which with this mandate is nearly impossible to prove... However some states things are different...
    I don't recall seeing any laws pertaining to masks that don't directly address masks worn for medical reasons.

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

I know...how dare that private business take steps to protect itself and it's customers. What a bunch of communists. It wouldn't be so bad if you actually had a choice of banks to use instead of being forced to use that one.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John_ View Post
    Most everyone who doesn't have a DL has a state ID. You cannot walk into a bank and cash a check without producing some form of ID. That just isn't happening. Been that way for at least 25 years.

What planet are you living on btw?
    Krypton Ol Buddy
    The first part of you're answer waz A-okay
    The last line,You have failed as a human-being who lacks compassion with a chronic overbearing need for belittlement.

I hope you have a nice day with this beautiful weather Ol Buddy.
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Also had to show my LA driver's license and they scan it for the transaction (magnetic strip on back). That was a first too, maybe because of the masks, unable to identify customers on video recordings.

Sounds like Chase the nanny bank antics.[/QUOTE]

The TSA personnel will ask to see your face too when you begin the whole security checks/scan.

I've made a habit in life to make eye contact and share a smile with passers by, only now the smiles don't travel beyond the mask so maybe I'll stop now.

Shooter

User Info Menu

Krypton Ol Buddy
    The first part of you're answer waz A-okay
    The last line,You have failed as a human-being who lacks compassion with a chronic overbearing need for belittlement.

I hope you have a nice day with this beautiful weather Ol Buddy.
    I just couldn't help myself, the last line. Like this guy has not cashed a check in a bank for 25 years? Or perhaps he has a really bad case of CRS?

Hey you have a nice day too.