Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
  1. #21
    Marksman

    Gold Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    I know...how dare that private business take steps to protect itself and it's customers. What a bunch of communists. It wouldn't be so bad if you actually had a choice of banks to use instead of being forced to use that one.
    Man, Just went thru the drive thru, No ID required

    Lady just asked for my address so she could find my account?
    Seems easy enough.
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

    Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

  2. #22
    Shooter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    I know...how dare that private business take steps to protect itself and it's customers. What a bunch of communists. It wouldn't be so bad if you actually had a choice of banks to use instead of being forced to use that one.
    Mr Perez, you crack me up sometimes
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -- George Santayana

  3. #23
    Shooter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Man, Just went thru the drive thru, No ID required

    Lady just asked for my address so she could find my account?
    Seems easy enough.
    You and that dude Bosco should get together and drink a few cold ones. Share ideas.
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -- George Santayana

  4. #24
    Marksman

    Gold Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by John_ View Post
    I just couldn't help myself, the last line. Like this guy has not cashed a check in a bank for 25 years? Or perhaps he has a really bad case of CRS?

    Hey you have a nice day too.
    Thanks Ol Buddy, Bought a new hat after cashing a check,No ID wuz asked for? Only my address
    Thinking I'll wear this down at the cabana this evening while drinking funny lil drinks with umbrellas in it.
    You likely?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20200929_123345.jpg  
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

    Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

  5. #25
    We are the hammer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by John_ View Post
    You and that dude Bosco should get together and drink a few cold ones. Share ideas.

  6. #26
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    I believe if you have a CC permit that was given from the state governemnt legally. And if that same government is requiring you to wear a mask due to covid. I see no issue. You are following "laws" even though there is no law for covid masks. lol

  7. #27
    -Administrator-
    Make your own luck

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by John_ View Post
    Dude, I went to my local bank to deposit $4040 in cash from a few rifles I sold very recently. First time I ever walked into a bank wearing a mask in 40 years. It is required right on the door, no mask no service. Nobody in there except me and the teller that time. No lines no bank officers. Oh and really tall plexiglass shielding everywhere @ counter.

    I was so tempted to say "this is a holdup" jokingly but I had a lunch date and didn't want to be delayed, LOL. Prob a federal charge just to say that.

    Also had to show my LA driver's license and they scan it for the transaction (magnetic strip on back). That was a first too, maybe because of the masks, unable to identify customers on video recordings.
    Chase (and many banks) are beginning to require IDs for depositing cash in addition to withdrawing cash. The reason for this is because if one person deposits more than $10k in cash in a day, a report has to be filled out. A lot of folks have tried to bypass this law (Bank Secrecy Act) and this is a way to somewhat close a few loopholes.

    Even joking about robbing a bank is a no go. Would highly recommend against it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Also had to show my LA driver's license and they scan it for the transaction (magnetic strip on back). That was a first too, maybe because of the masks, unable to identify customers on video recordings.



    What? You think its a new tracking deal? What happens if one doesn't own a drivers license? How's about you just cashing the checks?

    Sounds like Chase the nanny bank antics.[/QUOTE]

    Banks shouldn't be cashing checks for people without properly verifying that they are entitled to the funds. If someone doesn't have a government issued ID, most financial institutions won't assist them (unless they are a customer and can be verified through other means).

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocko68 View Post
    What? You think its a new tracking deal? What happens if one doesn't own a drivers license? How's about you just cashing the checks?

    Sounds like Chase the nanny bank antics.
    The TSA personnel will ask to see your face too when you begin the whole security checks/scan.

    I've made a habit in life to make eye contact and share a smile with passers by, only now the smiles don't travel beyond the mask so maybe I'll stop now.[/QUOTE]

    Went through this quite a few times over the past few weeks, and it was rather amusing, to say the least, LOL.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Man, Just went thru the drive thru, No ID required

    Lady just asked for my address so she could find my account?
    Seems easy enough.
    Not all banks require an ID to deposit cash. I don't think any will require an ID to deposit checks (written to an owner on the account). Of course if you have a common name and don't know your account number, it's a lot easier for the teller to look up your account with an ID.
    -- Austin

    "There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan


    Failing to plan is planning to fail.

    Buy/Sell:
    In search of used locks (padlocks, doors, etc). Click here for info

  8. #28
    Shooter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by AustinBR View Post
    Not all banks require an ID to deposit cash. I don't think any will require an ID to deposit checks (written to an owner on the account). Of course if you have a common name and don't know your account number, it's a lot easier for the teller to look up your account with an ID.
    How many banks will cash a check for you without presenting some valid form of identification? None to my knowledge/experience. Maybe if its a small town bank and they know you personally. Identification via past history or being your neighbor sort of thing.

    Austin, I had remembered you work in the banking industry and had hoped you would chime in. Yes it was @ my local Chase bank with whom I have had an account with for 20+ years.

    I had better sense than to make a foolish comment (even jokingly) while in the bank. It was just a thought running thru my brain @ that moment, the mask thing. Did not verbalize it for obvious reasons.
    Chase Bank has always been good to me, the branch in Albany was the best. But they closed it down and removed the building entirely after the Great Flood of 2016.
    You ever get a cupcake @ a banking institution? I did @ the Albany branch right on Hwy 190 just prior to Halloween one year. I was renting an apartment for 10 months close to that particular branch. Just terrific employees and service. Small town banking, the mind set.
    Last edited by John_; October 1st, 2020 at 06:21 AM.
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -- George Santayana

  9. #29
    Marksman

    Gold Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by AustinBR View Post
    Chase (and many banks) are beginning to require IDs for depositing cash in addition to withdrawing cash. The reason for this is because if one person deposits more than $10k in cash in a day, a report has to be filled out. A lot of folks have tried to bypass this law (Bank Secrecy Act) and this is a way to somewhat close a few loopholes.

    Even joking about robbing a bank is a no go. Would highly recommend against it.






    What? You think its a new tracking deal? What happens if one doesn't own a drivers license? How's about you just cashing the checks?

    Sounds like Chase the nanny bank antics.
    Banks shouldn't be cashing checks for people without properly verifying that they are entitled to the funds. If someone doesn't have a government issued ID, most financial institutions won't assist them (unless they are a customer and can be verified through other means).



    The TSA personnel will ask to see your face too when you begin the whole security checks/scan.

    I've made a habit in life to make eye contact and share a smile with passers by, only now the smiles don't travel beyond the mask so maybe I'll stop now.[/QUOTE]

    Went through this quite a few times over the past few weeks, and it was rather amusing, to say the least, LOL.



    Not all banks require an ID to deposit cash. I don't think any will require an ID to deposit checks (written to an owner on the account). Of course if you have a common name and don't know your account number, it's a lot easier for the teller to look up your account with an ID.[/QUOTE]

    You drunk Bro?
    Small town bank,They all know me,Now Chase I can't walk into and deposit/cash a 50.00 check because....I don't have an account there.
    I ask the gals if I can go get them a margarita or any thing along those lines.
    Chase bank continues to sux....lol
    Last edited by Gator 45/70; October 1st, 2020 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Add on
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

    Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

  10. #30
    On Target

    User Info Menu

    Now it's simply accepted, but not always. About 3 years ago I was working as a relief pharmacist in a small town next door in E. Texas when a smart a&% came in wearing a mask. Believe me I had my hand on my firearm until I figured out he was no threat, and I then told him to get the mask off. He had been to a dentist and claimed the "cold" air was hurting his teeth. I understood that the corporate management told him not to come in again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •