Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
    On Target

User Info Menu

Not sure shooting out your window was the best option slick. Wonder how his ears doing after? Lucky, worse didn't happen

Marksman

User Info Menu

They are just ate up with it.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Does anyone know if insurance will cover the windshield? Seem like it’s going to be a thing now.
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Tim

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by machinedrummer View Post
    Does anyone know if insurance will cover the windshield? Seem like it’s going to be a thing now.
    For damage you created? Not likely.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John_ View Post
    "Mazzetta told WESH 2, 'I'm not a fan of guns; I'm a fan of not getting shot. I know this video doesn't capture my smartest moments but I hope any idiot criminal with a gun watching thinks twice before loading, brandishing & aiming their firearm at someone over a traffic infraction."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ashed-gun.html
    From the article:
    A Florida man was videoed on his own dashcam as he fired a shotgun through his the windshield of his car at a fellow driver.

I think maybe somebody is confused. Anyway, at least they didnít say he fired an AR15 or assault rifle through the windshield..
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

Shooter

User Info Menu

This "shooting" and video made the national news @1700 yesterday. What I find pretty shocking is on the news they did state no charges were brought against Mazzetta. So we have a video (his own dashcam mind you) showing really poor handgun/mental judgement on a freeway in FL, guy throwing lead down the road, could have injured anybody travelling in a vehicle close to him @ the time (down range), but no charges forthcoming so far. Maybe local PD/state police are investigating it @ this time. I bet if I did the same on I-12 in Louisiana I would be most likely arrested and charged in very short order, with good cause. I've read local news reports of similar road rage incidents/gun discharges in the past. Usually if they can ID the shooter, LE will go investigate/make an arrest/file charges.

Maybe this is a common occurrence in FL? Clearly this guy is a threat to anybody @ any time. He claims self defense but how do you claim that if you are shooting @ a guy driving away from you @ the moment? Does Mazzetta have a CHP to CC?
    Maybe local PDs are too busy with other violent crimes, but damned there is multiple video angles documenting this little wild west sh*tshow on the freeway.
    Mazzetta is bad publicity for all Americans with a CHP, or who possess handguns responsibly and lawfully. You can bet this is ammo for anti gun libs everywhere in the US. Prob exactly why it mad the national news on tv to begin with.

Florida Concealed Carry Application Requirements (appears to be identical to LA)

Applicants must be at least 21 years old.
    You must be a citizen of the US or legal resident alien.
    You must provide a certificate confirming you have completed a firearms training class.
    No felony convictions.
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -- George Santayana

Shooter

User Info Menu

There was a local church pastor from BR arrested and charged for road rage/discharge of a firearm with an 18 wheeler driver on I-10 about a year ago. He lost his temper, fired a round into the front of the tractor. Fortunately no one was injured but he was ID'd and charged a couple days after the incident and then turned himself in to authorities. I know him, he was a former pastor @ a local church for several years in Laplace before moving to BR. And I have personally witnessed him driving on I-10 between Kenner and Laplace and he is a really aggressive driver in a car.

In subsequent multiple newspaper reports, lead pastor Dennis Wat**n (Williams former supervisor) tried to somewhat whitewash the incident. "wait until all the facts are in before passing judgement on Pastor Williams, I know him to be a fine man of God". I guess it looks bad for all the pastors in southern Louisiana when one of their own tries to shoot a truck driver on the interstate in a road rage incident. Or at least his tractor, "I must kill the engine, stop him". Majority of these pastors in southern Louisiana have a collective organization they are members of. They get together, discuss topics, have meals, plan events/strategies, ect.

https://baptistnews.com/article/sout.../#.X3W6yWhKibg
    Last edited by John_; October 1st, 2020 at 05:46 AM.
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -- George Santayana

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John_ View Post
    This "shooting" and video made the national news @1700 yesterday. What I find pretty shocking is on the news they did state no charges were brought against Mazzetta. So we have a video (his own dashcam mind you) showing really poor handgun/mental judgement on a freeway in FL, guy throwing lead down the road, could have injured anybody travelling in a vehicle close to him @ the time (down range), but no charges forthcoming so far. Maybe local PD/state police are investigating it @ this time. I bet if I did the same on I-12 in Louisiana I would be most likely arrested and charged in very short order, with good cause. I've read local news reports of similar road rage incidents/gun discharges in the past. Usually if they can ID the shooter, LE will go investigate/make an arrest/file charges.

Maybe this is a common occurrence in FL? Clearly this guy is a threat to anybody @ any time. He claims self defense but how do you claim that if you are shooting @ a guy driving away from you @ the moment? Does Mazzetta have a CHP to CC?
    Maybe local PDs are too busy with other violent crimes, but damned there is multiple video angles documenting this little wild west sh*tshow on the freeway.
    Mazzetta is bad publicity for all Americans with a CHP, or who possess handguns responsibly and lawfully. You can bet this is ammo for anti gun libs everywhere in the US. Prob exactly why it mad the national news on tv to begin with.

Florida Concealed Carry Application Requirements (appears to be identical to LA)

Applicants must be at least 21 years old.
    You must be a citizen of the US or legal resident alien.
    You must provide a certificate confirming you have completed a firearms training class.
    No felony convictions.
    Person A points gun at Person B multiple times. Person B believes he is in danger and shoots at person A. This doesn't sound like a road rage incident on the part of Person B. It could be argued Person B could have made other decisions but other options don't make his actions illegal. Personally, with the limited information presented in the video, I may have opted for decelerating right before an exit and getting off the interstate when he's too far ahead to exit as well. But, again, that doesn't make the actions illegal.

I watched the video a couple of times. When he fires the shots at the car, the interstate is relatively clear. There's the vehicle in front of the car and it's traveling away from the area of concern. He claimed self defense because, based on the video, the guy was driving away at that instant but had driven away multiple time and returned multiple times and had pointed a weapon at him multiple times. Other than each story mentioning a gun, I don't see any real similarities between this story and the Pastor Checkerz story.

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    Person A points gun at Person B multiple times. Person B believes he is in danger and shoots at person A. This doesn't sound like a road rage incident on the part of Person B. It could be argued Person B could have made other decisions but other options don't make his actions illegal. Personally, with the limited information presented in the video, I may have opted for decelerating right before an exit and getting off the interstate when he's too far ahead to exit as well. But, again, that doesn't make the actions illegal.

I watched the video a couple of times. When he fires the shots at the car, the interstate is relatively clear. There's the vehicle in front of the car and it's traveling away from the area of concern. He claimed self defense because, based on the video, the guy was driving away at that instant but had driven away multiple time and returned multiple times and had pointed a weapon at him multiple times. Other than each story mentioning a gun, I don't see any real similarities between this story and the Pastor Checkerz story.

Yeah very safe except for the occupants of the two vehicles in front of person A vehicle. Subject to errand fire or ricochets.

All person B has to do before opening fire is slow down and see if this terminates the engagement. If A slows and re-engages, sure do what you must.

There was no direct threat to B immediately before he opened fire, A vehicle in front of his vehicle. Don't see a handgun out the window or him wildly shooting to rear. B was travelling @ 80+ mph when he starts firing. Just slow down and see if this terminates the engagement. Take the next exit off freeway.

Shooter

User Info Menu

Jerry Miculek can hit a balloon with 9mm pistol @ 1000 yards. Iraqveteran888 has a video on the lethality of 9mm @ long ranges. A ricochet or errand 9mm shot can kill someone @ 300 yards if you are very unlucky and get hit in the head or the heart. Those two other vehicles were well within 300 yards of the shooter.

At the end of the day I'm not saying I'm dead right, its just my take on the situation and my opinion. I would have slowed down big time first, take the first exit to disengage, to de-fuse the situation before opening fire thru my windshield @ a moving target.

On a side note, you think his insurance co is going to pay for a new windshield?
    Last edited by John_; October 1st, 2020 at 11:38 AM.