eForm 1 Fingerprint card submission

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beatbama

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 22, 2015
    Lake Charles
    I ordered a set of new FD-258 cards already printed from a Form 4 I used SilencerShop. Problem is the date on the cards are from May 2018. Will this be a problem with the eForm 1 submission or should I change the date on the cards to show current date. Not sure if they care at the ATF.

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Form 23 makes no mention of an expiration date of fingerprint cards:

"Fingerprints: The responsible person shall submit, in duplicate with the ATF copy of this form, his or her fingerprints on FBI Form FD-258 and the fingerprints must be clear for accurate classification and taken by someone properly equipped to take them. No fingerprints are required with the copy of the form sent to the chief law enforcement officer"

Nor does the Form 4 or Form 1 (same language):

"... and (2) submit two properly completed FBI Forms FD-258 (Fingerprint Card with blue lines) with the application. The fingerprints must be clear for accurate classification and taken by someone properly equipped to take them."

Definitely do not alter the date of the cards.

Last edited:

Beatbama

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 22, 2015
    Lake Charles
    Called the SilencerShop this morning and they say it should be fine with the previous date. Will send them in and see if it goes through.

MooseWK

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 27, 2014
    Baton Rouge, LA
    How long after you submitted the eForm 1 did it take for the fingerprint cover letter to come in? I finished my eForm on 10/10 and still havent gotten my cover letter about finger prints.

EDIT: Just decided to check my email on my computer and found the attachments for the cover letter in one of the emails they sent me... guess its time to overnight those prints in. Anyone know what happens if they dont receive the prints within the 10 days?

Last edited:

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    191   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    How long after you submitted the eForm 1 did it take for the fingerprint cover letter to come in? I finished my eForm on 10/10 and still havent gotten my cover letter about finger prints.

EDIT: Just decided to check my email on my computer and found the attachments for the cover letter in one of the emails they sent me... guess its time to overnight those prints in. Anyone know what happens if they dont receive the prints within the 10 days?

For some reason those attachments of the cover letter will not show on my mobile devices.

MooseWK

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 27, 2014
    Baton Rouge, LA
    For some reason those attachments of the cover letter will not show on my mobile devices.

Yep, thats exactly what happened to me. I saw a bunch of guys on the NFA tracker website stated they were waiting a couple weeks for cover letters, so I figured I was just in the same boat... oh well. At least its 10 business days, and not 10 calendar days. Ive still got a chance lol.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Yep, thats exactly what happened to me. I saw a bunch of guys on the NFA tracker website stated they were waiting a couple weeks for cover letters, so I figured I was just in the same boat... oh well. At least its 10 business days, and not 10 calendar days. Ive still got a chance lol.

I know this is old thread but I just saw it. I didn’t get an email either but the cover letter is in the electronic files on the website under your account. It shows up on there almost instantly. Figured it might help someone else waiting on the email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom