CCW class

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I am wanting to get my ccw permit. I called St. Bernard shooting range and Shooters club and they do not have classes available till the end of November. What other options in the Orleans metro area do I have that might have earlier openings? Would like to get some good recommendations.

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    Do you have any experience with them? They have an opening for a class next week. Broken up in two days.

I do, that's who I took my class with. Guy's name is Dave Newman -- straight shooter, no BS, all business, lots of insights. I wouldn't say it was the most magical educational experience of my life, but it got the job done. I paid a bit extra to have it private one-on-one and that took the time down from 8 hours to 4.5 hours.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I do, that's who I took my class with. Guy's name is Dave Newman -- straight shooter, no BS, all business, lots of insights. I wouldn't say it was the most magical educational experience of my life, but it got the job done. I paid a bit extra to have it private one-on-one and that took the time down from 8 hours to 4.5 hours.

I might check into the one on one. I haven't been looking forward to the 9hrs.

BCD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Gretna, La
    Concealedcarrynola.com

You can schedule online and get it done in a weekend or on weekdays. I did my renewal with David Newman and it was a good experience. Highly recommended!

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    I might check into the one on one. I haven't been looking forward to the 9hrs.

No it doesn't sound fun. I went back and dug up my receipt -- it was $180. Basically just about what your time is worth... if you value your time at more than $25/hr, that'd be the way to trim some fat.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I decided to go with Dave Newman and got my certificate today. The classes were broken up into two days in the evenings. It didnt take as long as I thought and was not so bad at all. I'd def recommend him. Great guy, listens to your questions and gives solid advice.

Top Bottom